Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Is it intended that if I'm ignoring a user, I can never see any thread they started, nor any part of it?

I got a notification about a new reply in a thread for a game I care about a lot, but since the first post in that thread happens to be by someone I'm ignoring, I can't read any of it.
Make choices, face consequences. As it should be.

Modron

Arcane
Is it intended that if I'm ignoring a user, I can never see any thread they started, nor any part of it?

I got a notification about a new reply in a thread for a game I care about a lot, but since the first post in that thread happens to be by someone I'm ignoring, I can't read any of it.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/account/ignored
Uncheck the box at the bottom still a pain in the ass to show ignored threads but hey you live by the sword you die by the sword.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Apologizes if this has already been reported but when you're typing paragraphs then press backspace in second paragraph. It sometimes goes up. here's an example of what I mean:
https://imgur.com/a/zv5VhwK

Also. On old codex you used to be able to open, or rather maximize editing window to fill whole screen - sorry if I'm not describing it correctly. Anyways it made writing long posts super easy. Wanna that feature back...

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Apologizes if this has already been reported but when you're typing paragraphs then press backspace in second paragraph. It sometimes goes up. here's an example of what I mean:
https://imgur.com/a/zv5VhwK
Are you using Shift+Enter instead of just Enter at the end of lines? There's a bug with that in Froala, so don't use Shift+Enter.

Also. On old codex you used to be able to open, or rather maximize editing window to fill whole screen - sorry if I'm not describing it correctly. Anyways it made writing long posts super easy. Wanna that feature back...
Different text editor in XF1.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Twiglard is there a way to permanently (via a setting, for instance) sort out certain forums from the "New Posts"-tab? Would be extremely useful.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Must have been mentioned, unless it's just me, but on mobile upon refreshing the shoutbox icon in the top bar appears 1 second after the other icons, pushing them to the left and causing me to frequently missclick when trying to access the "what's new" or "alerts" icons.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you use b element to bold words it reverts text size. You have to actually highlight the word then modify its text size after using b element. Very weird. don't remember it behaving like that in old Codex. An example:
https://imgur.com/7sBHn58
The final text ends up looking like this:
apP0uyz.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I expect it wouldn't happen if you consistently used either the HTML editor or the raw BB code editor. If you mix BB code into WYSIWYG you're bound to end up with a mess. Just use ctrl+b on anything you want to bold, or hit the bold button.

Boleskine

Arcane
Haven't read the thread so this may have already been mentioned, but editing within quotes is busted. Pressing enter breaks the quote, and oftentimes deleting empty lines erases text formatting. Yes, this can be rectified by toggling BBcode, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Also, I liked it better when if a post received multiple ratings since the last alert, the site only generated one alert to avoid redundancy.

edit - another thing, in watched threads list of old Codex I could click the subforum name under the thread title and go directly to that subforum. Now if I click the subforum, located to the right, it filters my watched threads. I rather liked the previous functionality of the subforum label associated with a thread.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Updated the opening post with the name of the Codexer who suggested each entry. If a problem has been resolved, please make a post in this thread noting it. :M

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Pressing enter breaks the quote
Press Shift+Enter.
oftentimes deleting empty lines erases text formatting
Press Shift+Backspace or Shift+Delete.
in watched threads list of old Codex I could click the subforum name under the thread title and go directly to that subforum. Now if I click the subforum, located to the right, it filters my watched threads
Try it now. Here's the source if it gets lost.
Diff:
file svStandardLib_macros
macro "render_forum_filter"
<    <a href="{{ link($filterRoute, $filterContainer, $filters) }}" class="labelLink" rel="nofollow" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{{
<        ($removeFilter
<            ? phrase('svStandardLib_remove_from_filters')
<            : phrase('svStandardLib_add_to_filters')
<        )|for_attr }}"  rel="nofollow">
>    <a href="{{ link('forums', $forum, []) }}" class="labelLink" rel="nofollow" data-xf-init="tooltip" title="{$forum.title}" rel="nofollow">

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
I keep getting this error no matter the browser or the platform, where I click the reply button in the profile posts section, hangs for a little bit and if you click more times it ends up creating several reply boxes.

20220921_140722.jpg

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
When referring to peak aesthetics (such as 80s or fascist aesthetics like in Triump of the Will or Miami Vice, or something like this) it often feels right to write it in all-caps with a space between each letter.

Like P E A K A E S T H E T I C S!

But lo and behold! Despite the fact that I inserted 3 spaces to separate the 2 words, the Codex auto-trimmed it down to 1 measly space, so that it looks like 1 word!

This is confounding, and brings us one step closer to ruin.

:mob:

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's how it's always worked, if every retard that can't space words properly (oh, I'm sure there are a few) got to show it here too, we'd have an even bigger mess on our hands.

Multiple spaces show within CODE tags, but obviously that comes with a CODE frame as well.

Code:
OH     NOES     ...

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
would be possible if not already requested on another topic or brought up to have limitations to image size with the "excess" portion turning into a optional "click to expand" feature. Kinda like a smaller miniature with optional zoom/expand function.

Last edited:

fork

That's how it's always worked, if every retard that can't space words properly (oh, I'm sure there are a few) got to show it here too, we'd have an even bigger mess on our hands.

Multiple spaces show within CODE tags, but obviously that comes with a CODE frame as well.

Code:
OH     NOES     ...

Then at least force a space after commas as well.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Oh niggling problems...must have misread that.

Why does this site make me download those files sometimes...I know someone mentioned it but I was...well I did not care at the time but now I deleted like 100 of them.

somerandomdude

Learned
BB1.jpg

You know I've been banned from places for using similar sounding words mistaken by wookies for being racist. Such as niggardly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom