Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Copy pasting steam update log to Codex breaks the entire quote. This was definitely NOT the case on old codex. Here's an example. This is an update log from one of my favorite games: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1233530/view/3296095971068770614

Okay. Now I'm going to copy the contents and paste it here as I usually do, but instead of getting normal text. I got this:
Hello everyone!
This is a much-needed
bug-fixing update
for
KotC 2
, because the recent updates introduced a number of bugs in the game. My sincere apologies for that!

Special Thanks to
Angry Lux
and
Atoch
for all the very helpful bug reports!

If you find any bugs, please drop me a line at
enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com
so that I can fix the game quickly. A saved game would be very useful, too. Thank you!!

Here is the link of the latest
Kickstarter update
for those who may have missed it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3617662

List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.48

• The
    list of party members
    in the top-right corner of the screen will now adjust the font size of the character names when they don't fit in the box space using the initial font size.
  • Added some code to
    accelerate gameplay
    in combat.
  • Fixed a bug with
    auto-cast spells and psionic powers
    incorrectly getting activated when loading a game.
  • Fixed a source of crashes that would occur after
    changing the name of a party member
  • Fixed a source of crashes when using
    Dispel Magic (Single Effect)
    or
    Greater Dispel Magic (Single Effect)
  • Fixed a source of crashes when certain casters are
    running out of spells
  • Fixed a source of crashes when
    summoning creatures
    like the Tentacled Horror. That was due to the game sometimes creating new items (like a new magic scroll) to give to the newly-created creatures, and some code was missing to handle the effect of that change on the memory.
  • Fixed a bug with
    summoned creatures
    and the
    Creature Wizard
    which was due to the
    mislabelling of 'Major Fire Ring'
    (and other energy-protection rings) as 'Medium Fire Ring' in the code.
  • Fixed a bug with the game not allowing the player to manifest certain psionic powers (such as Energy Absorption) using the
    base Power Point expense
  • Fixed a bug with the game not allowing a
    Monk
    to perform his or her
    additional Flurry attacks
    after defeating one or two enemies.
  • Fixed the token of the
    Fire Elemental
    summoned by the spell
    Summon Gargantuan Elemental (Fire)
  • Fixed a display issue with the spells
    Babau Slime
    and
    Barkskin
    when cast by enemies.
  • The Psychic Warrior feat
    Superior Psychometabolism
    will now improve the power
    Evade Burst
    from Move Action to Free Action.
  • In the Effects & Conditions tab of the Character Sheet, improved the display of
    'Oversized Weapon Penalties'
  • The game will no longer offer the
    'Rapid Shot'
    option when your character is
    Slowed
    or acting during a
    Surprise Round
  • Corrected the help entry for the feat
    Greater Control and Dominate
    (added the missing feat prerequisite).
  • Added a link to the feat
    Improved Firefly Familiar
    near the description of the
    Firefly familiar
  • Sleeping arrows
    will now make the target
    Prone
    (not just Sleeping) if the target isn't already Prone.
  • Receiving a sleep effect from spells such as
    Sleep
    and
    Deep Slumber
    will apply the condition
    Prone
    only if you're not already prone.

Thank You For Your Steadfast Support, Legendary Defenders of the Realm! Enjoy!! :)
It's broken...

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Search function appears to be bugged out for me:
9lsgKOF.png
I'm trying to search for something I said a long time ago and I can't see the whole box thingy, and after I type the words. It doesn't let me type member parameter so I can get results from myself. I'm using Firefox btw zoomed in at 120%. Resolution is at 1920 x1080 with scaling at 125%:
9zLH4la.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm trying to search for something I said a long time ago and I can't see the whole box thingy, and after I type the words. It doesn't let me type member parameter so I can get results from myself. I'm using Firefox btw zoomed in at 120%. Resolution is at 1920 x1080 with scaling at 125%:
Works for me on 175%.

1665224429389.png

Sarathiour

Cipher
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but shoutbox and tagging related.

syUXRDM.png

Upon clicking on it :

6Y72L2h.png

Receiving alert from part of forum you don't have access to is pretty weird.

Vatnik Wumao
Unless I'm missing something, seems like the various font options that we previously had also didn't make the update (not that they were that useful outside of having aesthetic signatures, but still).

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not sure if this is the right place for it, but shoutbox and tagging related.

syUXRDM.png

Upon clicking on it :

6Y72L2h.png

Receiving alert from part of forum you don't have access to is pretty weird.
This is working as intended, even if it's a bit odd to receive a notification about something you can't view. However, there do seem to be scattered reports of alerts not functioning properly at present (the last two times someone has tagged me, that I know of, no alert has been sent). Which is quite odd, since the alert system had been functioning properly. Obviously fixed now. Actually, the alerts are down yet again, so I'm adding this to the list.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I just noticed a forum-breaking issue with button ratings.

The regular parrot is bigger than the top hat + monocled parrot. I'm boiling at the disrespect of natural hierarchy.

If anything, the prestigious parrot should be taller on account of his hat. Like the smilies: :M+M
Yes, the prestigious parrot rating seems to have been scaled down to approximately the same height as the regular parrot rating, but of course with the top hat this means the prestigious parrot itself becomes smaller when it should be the same size.

qyikje.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Twiglard , pasting text in comments is broken (the text doesn't appear in the textarea) when the comment is in html mode.

Importing media adds the media tags at the beginning of the textarea, not at the cursor position.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
@Twiglard , pasting text in comments is broken (the text doesn't appear in the textarea) when the comment is in html mode.
Can't reproduce it, pasting articles generally works. If a particular site is badly formatted, switch temporarily to non-WISYWIG mode while pasting.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
@Twiglard , pasting text in comments is broken (the text doesn't appear in the textarea) when the comment is in html mode.
Can't reproduce it, pasting articles generally works. If a particular site is badly formatted, switch temporarily to non-WISYWIG mode while pasting.
Hm, can you try it on Android Chrome? Even plain text from a text editor isn't pasted in the html editor.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Hm, can you try it on Android Chrome? Even plain text from a text editor isn't pasted in the html editor.
It works on Android Firefox, even pastes hyperlinks. It most likely works on an average Android Chrome setup as well.
Strange. It seems to happen with copying from Forbes, but not CNN for example. And it's not some javascript on their side that's copy-preventing, because I can paste the text in the plaintext editor.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strange. It seems to happen with copying from Forbes, but not CNN for example. And it's not some javascript on their side that's copy-preventing, because I can paste the text in the plaintext editor.
Well, what can I do? I don't maintain the Froala editor. Unless you have some very specific and actionable diagnostic info, I can't do anything.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Well, what can I do? I don't maintain the Froala editor. Unless you have some very specific and actionable diagnostic info, I can't do anything.
I wasn't saying you should. Just noting that it seems to be isolated to that site. And I still haven't tried it on a desktop browser.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Twiglard , pasting text in comments is broken (the text doesn't appear in the textarea) when the comment is in html mode.

Importing media adds the media tags at the beginning of the textarea, not at the cursor position.
WYSIWYG Editors are shit. News at Eleven.
And here I thought I was giving "valuable feedback" which is "appreciated"...
:negative:

Alex

Arcane
I've noticed a strange behaviour with the alerts. It seems that if someone quotes a message that originally quoted you, you will get an alert about it, even if the quoting user edited your original message out of it. I think this didn't work like this before. Perhaps, the ideal would be to just alert the one who was quoted, leaving other parts of the pyramid alone, whether they are kept or not?

Also, it could be noted that you get a new alert for every rating you might get on a post. Before, we wouldn't get more alerts until we checked the said post, which I think is a better behaviour.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I'd be perfectly fine if the shitty wysiwyg editor mode was removed. But only if the bb code editor was fixed, because there's no reason whatsoever that the formatting buttons don't work for the bb code editor.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not a bug but here's me looking for smilies when writing a post on desktop.

KmIe3Qp.gif
I wholeheartedly concur, but this has already been posted:
18. Smilies button drop-down menu - Greatly expand this drop-down menu horizontally, while also enlarging the images (less of a size reduction) so that they are easier to examine and select --- Zed Duke of Banville

See also:
Seriously though, the current system is vastly superior to having to scroll through walls of oversized images every time when fishing for one. Anyone who needs to see bigger versions can click them into their posts, look at them in full size, remember them and delete them, never having to wade through piles of full size images in the dropdown unnecessarily again.
It does seem to me that usage of the Codex's stock smilies has plummeted since the transition.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hmmm... If I click on the tag links in this thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/celebrating-20-years-of-rpg-news.145000/#post-8192127

It comes up as, "about:blank#blocked". Anyone else get that?

20 god-damned years; MS Paint Competition; RPG Codex

Twiglard?

Also, if I look at any image in the galley: https://rpgcodex.net/gallery.php?image=14953

The image doesn't load. If I right-click where the image should be and open link in new tab, I get: https://rpgcodex.net/https://rpgcodex.net/gallery/14953.jpg

If I remove the double rpgcodex it works fine.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hmmm... If I click on the tag links in this thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/celebrating-20-years-of-rpg-news.145000/#post-8192127

It comes up as, "about:blank#blocked". Anyone else get that?

20 god-damned years; MS Paint Competition; RPG Codex
when I copy a tag link from the page it copies this to my clipboard:
Code:
http://https:https://rpgcodex.net/tags.php?id=1571
could be the issue?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom