Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Speaking of smilies, gimme buttons as smilies plz.
It's already possible to insert nearly any button rating into a post:
feelsgoodman.png
cat.gif
rating_mca.gif
love.png

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
ignoring some POS should not make their created threads invisible. many dicksuckers like morgoth created primary threads for major games like metal gear solid v.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Speaking of smilies, gimme buttons as smilies plz.
It's already possible to insert nearly any button rating into a post:
feelsgoodman.png
cat.gif
rating_mca.gif
love.png
Maybe I'm getting bugs or doing it wrong, but drag-and-dropping from the rate menu pops them in as links like so:

Vault Boy disapproves of this message.

Annoying.

And inserting them as images via the url is not as convenient as it could be.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Inserting the button ratings is as simple as incorporating any other image into a post, and unlike random images on the internet they're already conveniently located in a place where you can easily copy the URL. :M

There would only be a slight improvement in convenience by having the button ratings also located in the smilies drop-down menu, and there isn't any point in adding to that menu until the underlying problem with it is fixed, namely that it reduces the size of the Codex's stock images to a ludicrous extent, in order to fit them into a space with an unnecessarily constricted horizontal dimension, rather than broadening the drop-down menu and increasing the size of the smilies.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
ignoring some POS should not make their created threads invisible
Ignore options
[ ] Remove ignored content​
If checked, the content from users that you ignore will be completely removed.​

In fact I feel like forcing it off for everyone through a database query.

And done, it's now off for newly-registered users and set to off for everyone else. For reference:
Diff:
diff --git a/addons/AddonFlare/GlobalIgnore/_data/options.xml b/addons/AddonFlare/GlobalIgnore/_data/options.xml
index 06cd232..c71516f 100644
--- a/addons/AddonFlare/GlobalIgnore/_data/options.xml
+++ b/addons/AddonFlare/GlobalIgnore/_data/options.xml
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
 <options>
   <option option_id="af_2wayignore_registrationDefaults" edit_format="template" data_type="array">
-    <default_value>{"af_ignore_remove":"1","af_2way_enable":"1"}</default_value>
+    <default_value>{"af_ignore_remove":"0","af_2way_enable":"0"}</default_value>
     <edit_format_params>af_globalignore_option_template_registrationDefaults_2way</edit_format_params>
     <sub_options>af_ignore_remove
 af_2way_enable
SQL:
MariaDB [rpgcodex_xf2]> update xf_user_option set af_ignore_remove = 0;
Query OK, 25237 rows affected (0.138 sec)
Rows matched: 25346  Changed: 25237  Warnings: 0

Last edited:
Unwanted

†††

Patron
ignoring some POS should not make their created threads invisible
Ignore options
[ ] Remove ignored content​
If checked, the content from users that you ignore will be completely removed.​

In fact I feel like forcing it off for everyone through a database update.
You still have to scroll down the page and click on "show ignored content" and do that every time you visit the page. I get that's how Xenforo works and you can't do nothing about it, but it's cumbersome.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Inserting the button ratings is as simple as incorporating any other image into a post, and unlike random images on the internet they're already conveniently located in a place where you can easily copy the URL. :M
Hey man, I'm lazy I want efficiency.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
So there I was looking at the source of the page for shits and giggles out of curiosity after seeing the htm thread. Did you realise your pages are filled with literally hundreds of thousands of extra tab characters? In one case there was a gap of 353 lines - containing 2,571 tabs - between the end of a list tag and the end of an underline tag. In a page of 730k characters, over 133k (almost 20%) of those characters were tabs. That's a good chunk of bandwidth being spent on literally nothing. What's going on there?

Also the forum went down just as I was about to post this so clearly this is some kind of secret encoding used by spies or something and must be fixed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yea it's bit complicated. I tried to save some interesting pages, and what appeared after I looked at them offline was utterly horrible.

OQsKfC5.png

I'm not sure why this page have this source, it looks weird.

Also there were some 500 errors today.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
"11. Popup on user name/avatar - Since it is possible to obtain this popup by clicking on a user's name or avatar, there is no need for this popup to appear when the cursor hovers over the name or avatar, which often occurs unintentionally --- Grimlorn"

I think a bit of a delay was added to the pop-up that appears from hovering the cursor over a username or avatar, and with this delay this is no longer a problem.

As always, if you have previously identified a problem on the list, please occasionally check on whether they have been resolved.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I don't think there's any sorting on the gallery, other than by date images were added. Sorting alphanumerically should be doable.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
One niggling problem I just noticed: user tags look exactly like plain bolded text, unless you hover/click on them. Not a huge deal, but would be stylistically-correct to indent user tags in a special way (underline?).

Cleveland Mark Blakemore vs Cleveland Mark Blakemore

P. S. It is possible that if you stare at this comparison for a very long time, you may eventually start noticing very subtle differences. My point still stands.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
One niggling problem I just noticed: user tags look exactly like plain bolded text, unless you hover/click on them. Not a huge deal, but would be stylistically-correct to indent user tags in a special way (underline?).

Cleveland Mark Blakemore vs Cleveland Mark Blakemore

P. S. It is possible that if you stare at this comparison for a very long time, you may eventually start noticing very subtle differences. My point still stands.
We already have an entry about hyperlinks no longer being set to a specific color; this problem could be resolved in the same manner. I'm partial to silver hyperlinks, myself. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom