Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nightdive Studios, SNEG, Ziggurat, Piko Interactive and others rereleasing classic games

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Old Capstone FPS Ziggurat re-released on GOG sometime ago.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
https://www.pcgamesn.com/nightdive-powerslave-remaster

Don't open it and give them clicks because it's nothing we don't know already because it's an article based on that one tweet we already saw, but apart from further misinformation where he thinks even the console versions were BUILD engine games and hyping it up on that point despite hating the idea of getting the PC version rather than the console versions (lol) this shit is pozzed:
Of course, the other question is whether Nightdive will keep calling it the really icky title of PowerSlave or if they’re sensible and will call it Exhumed: Remastered instead.
I forgot how sensitive people are these days. What NightDive does here will be really telling about how cucked they are, if they're too afraid to use the name PowerSlave because it's problematic (let alone reference the SlaveDriver engine). If they're actually doing both PC and console version remasters it would make more sense to call the PC version PowerSlave and the console version Exhumed to differentiate them further instead of confusing consumers, unless they're actually putting both games in one package.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well at least they pointed out one thing that was not posted in this thread. That PowerSlave KEX may be announced at Realms Deep, the 3D Realms show thing:

Stephen Kick even changed his Twitter handle to PowerSteve.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another remaster release from SNEG (Siege of Avalon, Witchaven) is Blade of Darkness.

ss_4c911798790e3b8cc224f75753d6eded42099d1e.600x338.jpg
ss_d673fc7678d04a16561c058b76d8c211613d0ac2.600x338.jpg

SlamDunk made a thread here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/blade-of-darkness-re-release-oct-21-2021.139734/

And Ziggurat means abstraction of war.

Theatre of War

ss_0e6e967a664daafb1ee33b3a6a56b5a7afbacb34.600x338.jpg
ss_2070e71e23bb72bf0c1e8f1038bc2de6ae13d5e5.600x338.jpg

Grandmaster Chess

ss_e9a8af7d2166382616fb20b44afdcfa737a5a4d6.600x338.jpg
ss_3d9b4721d28ef5d986059065b03d1ebdcd39acac.600x338.jpg

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like anime style in general as much as the next weeb, but for Bloodrayne... eh, i prefer the action comic-book stylization in the original games (especially the first one).

Ymx8aJ2.jpg

Also, FFS, how many Bloodayne cosplays are out there? :-P

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Having said that, i think Bloodrayne Betrayal is a bit underrated - if you like 2d side scrolling hack and slash games, sexy vampires, metal music, bloody skulls, overdesigned gothic environments like cemeteries, castles and other edgy stuff it is a good game. Just play it with a gamepad because i think the keyboard input isn't that great (this might be fixed in the new version though).

A horse of course

Betrayal was garbage. Controls were shite. Also iirc the developers crowed about how they made Rayne less sexist.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Controls were shite.

Use a gamepad, the keyboard input has lag but the gamepad controls are perfectly fine - or at least i couldn't find any issue with them, they are very responsive here (note that i have the GOG version).

Also iirc the developers crowed about how they made Rayne less sexist.

We're talking about WayForward here, the company whose only notable property is Shantae.

Besides consider that one of the few parts that animate in Bloodrayne Betrayal's menu is Rayne's breasts. The only reason one would consider it less sexy than the first two games is that it is a much lower budget 2D sidescroller with cartoony graphics and lower fidelity animations.

A horse of course

Controls were shite.

Use a gamepad, the keyboard input has lag but the gamepad controls are perfectly fine - or at least i couldn't find any issue with them, they are very responsive here (note that i have the GOG version).

Also iirc the developers crowed about how they made Rayne less sexist.

We're talking about WayForward here, the company whose only notable property is Shantae.

Besides consider that one of the few parts that animate in Bloodrayne Betrayal's menu is Rayne's breasts. The only reason one would consider it less sexy than the first two games is that it is a much lower budget 2D sidescroller with cartoony graphics and lower fidelity animations.

https://www.destructoid.com/bloodrayne-betrayal-dev-on-making-rayne-less-sleazy/

Also:

SHE'S A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER CHUD

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron

Yes i did a quick search after my last post and found that article too, but even in both the video and the article it mentions that she is still slinkier and sexier, which is the opposite of what you wrote.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with that though and again that is very different from what you originally wrote.

EDIT: no really, look the idle animation at 0:36 and tell me they tried to make Bloodrayne less sexy.

Last edited:

A horse of course

Yes i did a quick search after my last post and found that article too, but even in both the video and the article it mentions that she is still slinkier and sexier, which is the opposite of what you wrote.

Sure, there is nothing wrong with that though and again that is very different from what you originally wrote.

You have to have brain damage to interpret it that way. She is slinkier and sexier than their first redesign, which was as far as they thought they could get away with in de-"sleaze"-ifying her. He makes clear the original Rayne was sleazy and unacceptable, so they covered her up, then partially-reversed themselves and made her merely less sexy than the original games. He then adds the smug part about how he was the model for her "sexy" pose so you know you can only "appreciate" it ironically.

Rewatch the video and take note:

The sexy vampire straddling is BAD
We wanted to do something "more sophisticated"
Rayne is all about being "agile" and "bitchy" and "doesn't really take crap from anybody" (stronk female character), no reference to her sex appeal
"her costume needed a little bit of work"
"the new rayne is much more covered up than the old rayne, she no longer has a bare midriff, her bust is a little bit more reasonable, a more slinky or sexy character BUT WITHOUT BEING SO OVERT"
"this is something you can bring home and feel ok about"

Betrayal version of Rayne was specifically designed for faggots, end of story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Rewatch the video and take note

Nah i already spent way more time on that topic than it was worth, so i'll take your word that he said all that stuff and perhaps i misinterpreted it.

However it doesn't change the fact that Rayne is still sexy in Bloodrayne Betrayal which i find an underrated game and i liked it. I'd certainly like a new 3D game and consider sexy Rayne a cornerstone of the games' visual design, but i do not see Betrayal as garbage. Of course that is my opinion and despite the brain damage you diagnosed me with, i think i can still tell you disagree with it :-P.

A horse of course

Rewatch the video and take note

Nah i already spent way more time on that topic than it was worth, so i'll take your word that he said all that stuff and perhaps i misinterpreted it.

However it doesn't change the fact that Rayne is still sexy in Bloodrayne Betrayal which i find an underrated game and i liked it. I'd certainly like a new 3D game and consider sexy Rayne a cornerstone of the games' visual design, but i do not see Betrayal as garbage. Of course that is my opinion and despite the brain damage you diagnosed me with, i think i can still tell you disagree with it :-P.

It's a 2m video you mong, only someone high on their own copium could interpret what he said any other way. You are FAT and enjoy BAD THINGS.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Yes, use Thief enhanced edition to get to SE and don't leave until they have the Legacy of Kain source code and unused assets
:happytrollboy:

Riskbreaker

Oh God, the Dark engine going open source could mean a proper renaissance for fan missions. I'd be happy with a fraction of revival that happened post-NewDark.

(If open source actually happens, which it won't.)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
For some reason Moon Books, the company behind The Dark Heart of Uukrul rerelease, is going to rerelease this game/software thing.

ss_7e22617f439f71fccc616cffe07da074e365d835.600x338.jpg
ss_162565d1a8f22190a403542ea4fc8251a0014cfd.600x338.jpg

Timothy Leary Wants to Take You on a Mind Adventure
From the mind of Dr. Timothy Leary comes Mind Mirror, a trippy journey through your own mind.

Mind Mirror is not just a game, it is a valuable tool to help you explore your own mind, make decisions, and to envision your ideal self.

Play it by yourself or with a group of people to learn more about yourself and others.

Mind Mirror is a fun and nostalgic blast from the 80s, while still serving as a useful tool for self-reflection and exploring your own personality!

No matter what, we guarantee that Mind Mirror will be unlike any game you have ever played!

About Dr. Timothy Leary
Dr. Timothy Leary was a legendary and controversial psychologist, author, revolutionary thinker, and pop icon mostly known for his experimentation with LSD and other psychedelic drugs. What many people don't know is that Dr. Leary was a serious researcher, educator, and thinker. In the 80s, Dr. Leary had moved on to exploring cyberculture and the potential of computers and digital technology for the examination of personality and to expand the mind. Out of the many ideas Dr. Leary had for software, Mind Mirror is the only completed product.

"I think of this game as a thought processor, headware for the computer generation. It allows you to interface with virtually any concept of personality, and helps put your thoughts into digital form. Try playing with your friends or loved ones. Gather around the firelight of the computer, and the chances are that you'll learn more about them in 5 minutes than you ever thought would be possible in a lifetime"
--Dr. Timothy Leary

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
With all these old games getting remasters that include entire new episodes of content, how long until we get official Thief 2 Gold built within original mapper limits using original design documents and with new VA, to unfuck the original T2's pacing? Hire on some big fan mission talent and pay them to do it right and you'll end up with something better than what Emil Pagliarulo could have given you. That's the holy grail of lost content that should be restored in a "remaster".

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
With all these old games getting remasters that include entire new episodes of content, how long until we get official Thief 2 Gold built within original mapper limits using original design documents and with new VA, to unfuck the original T2's pacing? Hire on some big fan mission talent and pay them to do it right and you'll end up with something better than what Emil Pagliarulo could have given you. That's the holy grail of lost content that should be restored in a "remaster".

I'd be content with just a do-over and maybe one new mission as an attempt at making a 'scary' mission.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom