Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection coming to PS4/Steam/Switch/XB1

Wunderbar

Arcane
I heard Sigmas are dumbed-down versions with worse gore and lower enemy counts. Why don't they port the originals?

distant

Learned
Nice. Heard these games were pretty good and never really had a way to play them. These better run at 60 undocked.

Tehdagah

Arcane
They removed the co-op trials from Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge, pure DECLINE.

Not a real collection.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Speaking of Miranda's ass...

qMBqaTi.png

Ash

Arcane
"""ICONIC""""

I only remember Rachel because of her lustful design (e.g massive tits in low-cut top). don't remember anything she said, not much more than a walking pair of tits. Don't know who the fuck the rest are, and I played 1 multiple times and 2 once nearly to completion (a little declined, but it's OK). 3 I could not handle for long, lame shit.
Still, cool that they're not being cucks and are sticking to their perverted guns, but NG kicks ass for the gameplay first and foremost.

Divinity: Original Sin
I heard Sigmas are dumbed-down versions with worse gore and lower enemy counts. Why don't they port the originals?

NG1 sigma is a rebalanced version of ninja gaiden/ninja gaiden black. It was a remaster of a previous generation game (original xbox) for the ps3. The sigma cut down some puzzles and added Rachel levels in between.

NG2 sigma is a PS3 port of the NG2 fox the Xbox360. This one has the purple gore and lower enemy count (but with higher HP to compensate). This was due to the fact the PS3 couldn't handle crowds as the xbox360 without getting below 30 fps. This game was ported to the ps vita with restored gore. The game is virtually identical to in both original and sigma versions, considering level layout, and level structuring.

NG3 Razor's edge is the overhaul of the NG3. It came for both the PS3 and 360. both games. Razor's edge brings the gameplay style of the previous titles after the poor reception of the original NG3. And adds levels that makes you play with the girls.

I can't say anything about the xbox originals at all, since I only played the PS3 ones. But the so called dumbing down is not that apparent and the games are quite difficult to master. Maybe they'll make some new adjustments for these new versions, like a proper gore in NGsigma2, and the xbox360 enemy count.

I've just checked old threads, and one of the aspects of the so called dumbing down on PS3 versions is that some timings on weapon moves were changed, and some bosses are somewhat a little bit more forgiving, and the mobs are also a bit less agressive.

Another criticism is the change pf pace: While the fact that cuting some puzzles may improve the game flow for some people, the addition of rachel levels are considered most filler content.

Also, in NG2 sigma, there's the addition of new levels where you play with the girls. Which also happen in NG3 Razor's edge.

Mostly, the problem with the ladies levels of NG2Σ/NG3RE is that they're just repetion of previous levels you already played with hayabusa, with some minor alterations.

That repetion is not so much apparent In NG1Σ, because while NG2 and 3 are made of self contained levels, NG1 is a big city map (vigoor), with interconnected paths and shortcuts and you backtrack a lot. Pretty much similar to some darksouls level design, and a bit like Resident evil 4.

fish.heads

Novice
Sigma 1 is generally regarded as fine if you don’t have some method of playing original Xbox games, though NG Black is ideal. Tomonobu Itagaki doesn’t like it but that might just be because he’s an Xbox fanboy.

Sigma 2 is a legitimate downgrade since they had to drastically reduce the number of enemies you fight so the PS3 could keep up, and to compensate they buffed the enemies that you do fight, completely throwing off the balance and feel of the game.

I only hope we get a port of Devil’s Third somewhere down the line so that more people can experience Itagaki’s true masterpiece.

Ash

Arcane
NG Black/original very first release is ideal. There is absolutely no problem with the game's puzzles, and what the fuck does adding Rachel missions do except break the pacing? Lame.

NG Black/original very first release is ideal. There is absolutely no problem with the game's puzzles, and what the fuck does adding Rachel missions do except break the pacing? Lame.

Worse, you have to learn a whole new set of movements. The good thing is that they're very short.

The game puzzle issues is just an unnecessary change. Since it's mostly an action oriented game the developers thought it would be a good idea to tone it down, but they've kept some, so there's no point. If it were for improvement of pacing, they've botched because they added rachel chapters.

I myself never really complain to much about added content because for me it just translates in real life time increased spending time in a game, unless content is reaaaaaally boring. Reminds me of thief gold when there's people complaining about the added 3 missions breaking the pace.

Ash

Arcane
There is absolutely nothing wrong with multi-genre gameplay. There isn't a truly great action game that DOESN'T have puzzle elements in some form.

Tehdagah

Arcane
None of the puzzles were good, but playing with the female ninjas is good, especially in Razor's Edge (you actually can choose to play the whole campaign or the trials with them)

Concerning Puzzles... It's not like it's an adventure game. It's mostly similar to Resident evil 4, Devil may cry. In these games you can't open an access unless you've got a key, a staff, etc. Ninja Gaiden 1 has this kind of "puzzle". The kind you have through a place and bactrack later so you can now access the new area. To be honest, the one I saw it was different was inside the piramid (or maybe the sewers) which there were rooms that doors opened in combionation of 4 elements keys, and that is not present in sigma.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
It does have a few semi-involved puzzles, like the platform one after boss in chapter 12

I imagine it brings some casuals and dumbasses to their knees.

It does have a few semi-involved puzzles, like the platform one after boss in chapter 12

I imagine it brings some casuals and dumbasses to their knees.

Don't know about the challenges in xbox versions, but the difference in sigma is that the platforms are all positioned already. (jump to 12 minutes in video so you can avoid the challenge part and see how things work).

Also, I forgot to mention, in sigma, there's now a quick-items shortcuts, that you control with the d-pad. Pretty much like dark-souls estus flasks, tough the effects are instantaneous. In the originals, you could restore health midcombat, but you have to navigate the menu to do so.

Ash

Arcane
Well that's not necessary. Healing from inventory is a rare occasion in NG. Would be nice for swapping between bow and shuriken etc though.

Wow the art style is vastly different too (am watching the video),

Deflowerer

Arcane
I will probably buy the collection to finally play the stuff. Wish it was OG versions, but waiting for Xbox versions to get even emulated in the near future seems like a wishful fantasy.

sser

Arcane
Developer

I would argue they're almost not the same game at all once you get into the brass tacks.

10+ years ago I played the Xbox version and my roommate played the PS3. The speed, reaction timing, who is deadly and where, etc. It's all remarkably different.

This video sums a lot of it up....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom