Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nintendo is finally giving up on 3D (for now).

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Seriously, Nintendo should go Sega way, stop producing its own consoles and focus on game development.

They're sitting on a mountain of gold but do not feel even this mountain's apex penetrate their asses.

There are shittonz of people willing to buy their games but not wanting to buy useless / outdated console with non existens 3rd party support. Just release some new Mario, Zelda, Metroid on PS360, PS4, Xbone and PC (Steam / GOG), sell bundles of older games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, Paper Mario Compilation, Mario Kart Comp. and $$$ will flow.

Don't ignore Android / IOS market. Yeah, touchscreen would suck in case of games like SMB so INVENT playable, high-quality Nintendo-quality game that makes a good use of it and that's all. It could wipe out 99% of indie scene.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
It's funny because I predicted both the $180 price point and the Nintendo 2DS name just as the first 3DS came out. Wish I could find that post or remember which forum it belonged to.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yes, go like the company that struggles financially while you are still making money. Makes perfect sense.

Caim

Arcane
Where I think Nintendo dropped the ball on the WiiU is the lack of good first-party titles. Sure, the whole Mii thing is kinda fun at first, but Nintendo needs its immensely powerful line of first-party games to sell the thing. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, F-Zero (how long has it been since there were console games in those two? Since the GCube?), Earthbound and so on.

Or, if they want a simple cashgrab/advertisement for the upcoming Pokemon X/Y they can make a Smash Brothers game solely with Pokemon.

Or finally make the Pokemon MMO. It could kill WoW and would make Blactivivsion defenestrate itself in defeat.

DragoFireheart

Or finally make the Pokemon MMO. It could kill WoW and would make Blactivivsion defenestrate itself in defeat.

I'm shocked this hasn't been done yet.

Make a Pokemon MMO that you can play on your handheld 2/3 DS. I agree it would crush WoW.

DragoFireheart

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted

Make a Pokemon MMO that you can play on your handheld 2/3 DS. I agree it would crush WoW.
They are consistently killing every independent effort to make one, though.

Why?
Beats me. They should just do what Valve does, offer the guys who make a successful pokemon mmo a job.

Yes, go like the company that struggles financially while you are still making money. Makes perfect sense.

Wii U brought nothing but losses and I doubt it will change.

3DS is selling well but during the next gen handheld market will shrink a lot thanks to smartphone domination, it's already happened ofkoz but imagine handheld : smartphone ratio after 4-5 years from now and yes, even in Japan:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76119359&postcount=1

And what will Nintendo offer? PS4 / XBone equivalent in 2019?

Caim

Arcane

They are consistently killing every independent effort to make one, though.
Why?
Beats me. They should just do what Valve does, offer the guys who make a successful pokemon mmo a job.
Because they don't like it when someone does what they Nindendon't. Or because they hate money in the same way Capcom does nothing with Mega Man aside from taking an occational shit on the franchise and put Zero/BBA MM in a fighting game.

Or because it would cause civilization to collapse onto itself and ends the world as we know it:

063b4826daad781a733e1319dd8458ba-be-careful-what-you-wish-for.jpg

"Super Mario 3D Land: Plays in 2D"

The 3D gimmick really is useless.

At least the system isn't DOA.

Remember the Virtual Boy? Most people don't and if you do, you know exactly what I am talking about.

Remember it? Oh yeah, all that build up for half a year or so in Nintendo Power. "Virtual Boy is going to change how games are played, you'll see. It's the start of something different!"

Then it came out and NP couldn't stop talking about it quick enough. EGM made gags about it for months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom