Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo Switch, the only console today making games which are games

The Switch actually follows in the footsteps of the (3)DS in having quite a few exclusives, including RPGs. Bravely Default 2, last Fire Emblem, Pokemanz, SMT (as you mentioned), Xenoblade Chronicles (including the Wii remaster of the first), to name a few. Your mileage in enjoying these games may vary but it doesn't change the fact that the exclusives are decent games and make the console worth buying.

Speaking of (3)DS, what games do you consider to being worth to play on actual hardware as opposed on emulator?

Speaking of (3)DS, what games do you consider to being worth to play on actual hardware as opposed on emulator?
Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D in particular control better on the 3DS as they take advantage of the bottom touchscreen interface for item buttons. The original games had been designed with the N64 controller's 6 face buttons in mind rather than the now standard 4.

Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds supposedly make good use of the 3d gimmick, though at least some of the puzzles in the latter were changed to be doable without 3D as the 2DS became a thing.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D in particular control better on the 3DS as they take advantage of the bottom touchscreen interface for item buttons. The original games had been designed with the N64 controller's 6 face buttons in mind rather than the now standard 4.

Mario 3D Land and A Link Between Worlds supposedly make good use of the 3d gimmick.
Good info. Also your name is funny.

koyota

Cipher
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Comes out tomorrow. Pre-ordered.
Big fan of Super Monkey Ball and Fall Guys, Triple A Developer ripping these games off can only lead to good things.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite

Big fan of Super Monkey Ball and Fall Guys, Triple A Developer ripping these games off can only lead to good things.

Looks like a fun game to play with the daughter.

I had no clue it was even being developed.

SumDrunkGuy

I was thinking about playing mine today. Still kills me that I spent $300 on it over a year ago and played it for a total of a couple hours.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

Derringer

Prophet
I was thinking about playing mine today. Still kills me that I spent $300 on it over a year ago and played it for a total of a couple hours.
That's the exact same thing I did with a used 3DS except I modded it and installed a whole bunch of games, the damn thing gave me hand cramps and I couldn't buy any grips for it since they discontinued them years after I bought the specific model. And most of the games were either bland rehashes, ports or no fun to me, I think the game I played the longest on it was just Super Mario 3D land.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

Yeah I never understood the appeal of handheld gaming. It's uncomfortable and awkward as fuck. Just never felt right. Also Nintendo's exclusives are mostly for kids, manchildren, and gays/pedos.

SumDrunkGuy

I bought it for Metroid Prime 4 which turned out to be a giant scam. I also like the hardware. Pity it only has one game worth playing.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Even Switch games have patches to download, although they're much smaller than the massive 80GB+ patches some PlayStation/XBox games receive. With each console gen, the advantages of owning a console vs playing on PC have fallen away.

Jrpgfan

Erudite

I've played it a little bit and it's p. fun.

It was devoid of challenge though as I've won 4 times in a row with ease - probably playing against 8yo kids :lol:

Getting Kirby fat is very satisfying - this game is a huge apology for obesity, which might make it right up kwans(like Fluent ) alley.

jawbone

Novice
Yeah, any money that cuts into your alcohol budget could be considered a splurge. Nice titles, think it was worth it.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I got the console on release so it´s been what, 6 years? But i was playing my Ps Vita and reading the manual of oreshika and thinking to myself, how do i read game manuals on the switch?

Pound Meat

Prophet
Is the Switch Lite janky or is it the software? Street Fighter Collection played fine the first couple of times but now the down button is deactivated during games even though it still works on the menu. How does that even happen!

Update: Apparently the buttons got remapped so down was now a shoulder button. That was random but whatever. Game is hard to play with the standard controls, feels like you can't really get a grip on things when the action gets intense.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom