Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No cd for QFG5 1.2

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Edit: Anyone looking for a no-cd for qfg5 now should use the new QFG5 hardrive installer, because it incorporates this no-cd and also installs a self-contained version of quicktime (so the game is portable).

I've made a no cd patch but i'm not sure it works on windows (it works on wine).

Instructions:
Full install
Patch to 1.2
edit the exe with a hex editor:
At adress 001563A0
Replace what is there by
2E 5C 44 41 54 41 5C 00 (.\DATA\\0 get it?)
Edit the Qfg5.cfg file and replace the (drive) letter by (.) without the parenthesis.
Apply the windows 2000 fan patch.

Now remove the cd and play.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
This won't help you since the full install already reads the files from the install dir i think.
It's just a silly cd check. I never had any problems with sound.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
This is going to be in the next version of the QFG5 alternative installer. I spoke with Collector at the quest for more glory forums, since he has a way to install the correct quicktime to the qfg5 dir too, so the installation is self contained.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Thanks. I try this when I lose my mind and play QFG5 second time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom