Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Comte_II

Every update is the same ugly shit where if you have seen one planet you have seen them all.

Curratum

Every update is the same ugly shit where if you have seen one planet you have seen them all.

That is exactly it. Con Murray keeps plastering some weak attempts at gameplay and depth over the barebones hideous corroded skeleton of the game he lied about in 2016, year after year, and it's always the same ugly, buggy, Quake 2 textures piece of shit it has always been, but there's just more shit in it.

Comte_II

That is exactly it. Con Murray keeps plastering some weak attempts at gameplay and depth over the barebones hideous corroded skeleton of the game he lied about in 2016, year after year, and it's always the same ugly, buggy, Quake 2 textures piece of shit it has always been, but there's just more shit in it.

Agree 100%. Also I see it still has the same shit clouds that it had the first time I played it for example. Empty worlds with nothing on them. No cities nothing. Planets that are stationary. Boring cut and paste alien trading bases.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I do wonder what kind of scam they have going in the background that they have the money to STILL be working on the same game, trying to wring blood from a stone.
Move. The Fuck. On.
Or better yet: Don't and get a real job.

dude, they're property of sony, whom they scammed too. they're going to be buttfucked to hell and back if they dare to stop.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This just an update adding shit. I'll look at vids. I take it ALL OLD ISSUES were not fixed and suggestions ignored?

is this an online game? Offline? Campaign ends? Eh wth?

meh... maybe I don't want to know.

Last edited:

mkultra

Augur
Very uninteresting update/DLC overall it looks like (i don't play MP). They're usually better / more extensive.

Bug fixes patch notes:

Bug Fixes #1
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to an outlaw station to speak with an NPC or terminal not present in outlaw systems.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a mission blocker if players were sent to speak to an NPC on the Space Station (typically a recruit for their base) who had taken part in the tutorial sequence.
  • Also fixed an issue that could cause doors to fail to open on derelict freighters if several slime pieces were destroyed at the same time.
  • Fixed a rare mission blocker that could occur when attempting to locate a planet with high sentinel activity.
  • Fixed a rare mission blocker in the Trace of Metal mission, which would cause players to be sent to a Sentinel Hive many tens of thousands of light years away.
  • Also fixed a number of issues that could occur when joining players from the friends list page.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause settlement charts to fail to find a settlement, yet still be consumed.
  • Fixed a number of significant visual issues with wire placement.
  • Also fixed an issue that could cause a small number of X-class procedural upgrades to have unexpectedly low stats.
Bug Fixes #2
  • Solar-class starships now display their sails on the inventory page.
  • Fixed a small number of cases where items received from dismantling products or opening other items would be placed into the wrong inventory.
  • The default craft amount for Creature Pellets has been increased, allowing more pellets to be crafted for the same cost.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest on outlaw stations, resulting in badly generated text.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause Traveller NPCs to manifest using Apollo or Null’s appearance.
  • Also fixed an issue that could cause the ship damaged VFX to continue playing even after the ship was repaired.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause freighter battle missions to fail to trigger properly while the player was on the Under a Rebel Star mission.
  • Fixed a visual issue with some specific underground creatures.
  • Also fixed a rare issue that could prevent interaction with some objects during specific network conditions.
  • Fixed a rare issue that could prevent atmospheric frigate flybys on planets with high mountains.
  • Fixed a UI issue that could cause the ship upgrade screen to automatically close after installing a new cargo slot, even if the player could afford to purchase additional slots.
  • Also fixed a number of minor text issues.
  • Fixed a number of audio issues.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
Don't remember if I chimed into this thread already, but I started playing this a few months ago on GamePass. I admit it was intriguing and fun for the first few days, doing my own thing, trying to figure things out, but eventually I was wishing for a campaign to lead me in a concrete direction, what to do and why. Well, I found the "campaign." And it makes the game 100x worse than when I didn't know what was going on. It becomes the most disgusting busywork, errand-boy simulator I've ever seen. And they did a bunch of things they seen other games do, but did them all worse. Exploration and building not as good as Minecraft; exploration, technology acquisition, and story progression not as good as Subnautica, space sim not as good as any halfway decent space sim, survival elements not as good as...pretty much any survival game I can think of. What a mess.

Last edited:

Machocruz

Arcane
There were times early on where it felt like a new Starflight. They should have taken the whole game in that direction, had like a 20 hour campaign. There are some nice visuals. But all the endless universe shit and countless generic NPCs are just pointless. What a waste, it's fucking aggravating how incompetent they are.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I do wonder what kind of scam they have going in the background that they have the money to STILL be working on the same game

???
They've been on Steam's top 10 best selling games, every month for the past 2 years
With every new update they increase their sales significantly and their player count since Internet Historian's video has become quite stable (not to mention their reputation restored)

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I do wonder what kind of scam they have going in the background that they have the money to STILL be working on the same game

???
They've been on Steam's top 10 best selling games, every month for the past 2 years
With every new update they increase their sales significantly and their player count since Internet Historian's video has become quite stable (not to mention their reputation restored)

People are easy to please. No wonder the industry is going to shit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't get people who like this or games like it. It's a pain in the ass simulator.

Omg, you're irradiated. Get sodium. Omg, your mining beam is depleted, get carbon. Omg, you're irradiated, get sodium. <repeat forever until you uninstall>

Hobknobling

Learned

I think Sean gets the exception because there’s a difference between handing your in geography homework unfinished because trying to map the galaxy was a bit ambitious to get done for Friday, and just forgetting about it until Thursday evening and hoping the teacher will let you hand it in next week instead
I was never disappointed. Many people weren't. If you didn't buy into the hype you got pretty much exactly what you were expecting at a fundamental level. This whole "redemption" narrative kinda grates because it validates Gamers having unrealistic expectations and naiveté when it comes to marketing.
I wouldn't really call it a redemption arc because it implies Sean did anything wrong. I think Sean and Hello Games did their best with what they had and thanks to Sony's fucked marketing approach and gamers being little entitled shits resulted in NMS getting a beating it didn't deserve.
I've some seriously mad respect for Hello Games. No other developer would've given the abject failure that No Man's Sky was at launch a second thought. Anyone else would've taken the money and disappeared to some random island in the south Pacific. But Hello Games dug in and got to work. They fixed every problem, and delivered on every promise. And then they just kept going... Giving us even more content than they ever promised and continue to do so. It's crazy, and I wish more devs would do the same.
"Just about servicable" They worked their asses off and added wayyyy more than promised. They deserve their W.
You gotta give hello games credit, they essentially made this game a Phoenix in it it dead and resurrected into a beautiful thing, and shows that the triple A game companies are capable of great things! And just look at how free these updates came! I'm proud of hello games!

SumDrunkGuy

You may think this game is a big piece of crap but Bethesda thought it was good enough to ripoff, teehee.

BoroMonokli

Novice
I'm getting an itch to mess around in NMS again. Building a system of bases was a ton of fun last time I played in December.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom