Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence / Souzou on Steam

Ninjerk

Arcane
:( I want to know how to 360noscope Chosokabes smoke weed erryday

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Thanks for the recommendation, Shoutbox crew. This is pretty cool even though I have no idea what is going on.
You're in luck, ronin. I figured out how to upload hour-long videos to Youtube. Hopefully this should help.

But remember one thing... please game responsibly.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Who's running the clan? Nobunaga? Cuz IIRC the answer depends on when in history you are since he historically croaks it quite early in his life (which is preventable if you know exactly what lead to that scenario)

Oda's somewhere in the middle in difficulty - ruler's stats are stupid good but there are houses that start in a much more advantageous position than him such as Takeda/Uesugi. I think he leans more "strong" than "weak" though

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Good officers makes him great.
Number disadvantage is balanced by the fact the AI isn't playing as effective as they should be when engaged in combat.
They're also terrible at coordinating attacks and will tend to over-commit by sheer numbers.
What makes playing Oda attractive is the frequent area of conflict that forces you play good diplomacy balanced with combat.

Also, I am a father.

10.jpg

:lol: Can't even name her. Wtf?

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Does the game support smaller scale scenarios than "conquer everything"?

Such a strange requirement.
I'm not even sure what you mean by that.
I'm doing a LP run at the moment and I'm still messing on 'CK2 Count' level of conflicts within the immediate region. Basically my 2 Castles vs 4 enemy Castles.
Once I have those 6, I'm probably moving on to 'CK2 Duke' level of conflicts involving more than half a dozen castles and possibly 3-4 factions.
Once you move on to Coalition level where multi-duchy holding Dukes hold perma-alliance to take out a bigger coalition, that's when you know you're near the 'end game'

deuxhero

Arcane
Like is there quick scenario or challenge map type things that have a goal beyond the general "take over the archipelago" like holding out against a preset superior enemy force for some period of time or being put in the role of some guy and having to kill some enemy officer he hated or are the only play options different starts for a quest to take over the islands?

RK47

Patron
Like is there quick scenario or challenge map type things that have a goal beyond the general "take over the archipelago" like holding out against a preset superior enemy force for some period of time or being put in the role of some guy and having to kill some enemy officer he hated or are the only play options different starts for a quest to take over the islands?

No such thing exists. The end game still requires complete control.
But I heard special clans have special events. Read more history and you might find out which ones are the 'special ones'
There's a reason why clan selection always defaults to the Oda clan.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Can anyone give a nitty gritty overview of the important aspects of Officer Creation that might not seem important at first. I'm particularly puzzled by REQ Loyalty and what the hell that means.

RK47

Patron
It's the loyalty required for the officer to stay loyal to you.
On a scale of 1-20
1 makes him an extremely loyal person who never betray.
20 means he is very hard to please and would require multiple bribes and possibly a marriage.
You can see the loyalty modifiers and how they work in game here...

0B.jpg

Another interesting aspect is the more loyal that officer is, the more he's giving all he's got when tasked.

0A.jpg

Out of the four statistics, Politics is the dump stat for combat.
Leadership, Valor, Intellect actually matters in battle. An officer like Lu Bu would prevail easily when he meets anyone in open battle. But if he meets someone with high intellect that enemy may trigger a Night Attack upon commencing battle. He is literally screwed since he starts the battle with his entire army paralyzed for a short time. Not to mention possessing low intellect makes him vulnerable to Obstruction tactics that tend to slow, paralyze, or even confuse his men into attacking other friendly targets. Similar to RTK11 you can attach up to 2 adjutants to cover such weakness and bolster the unit with additional unique tactic option.

In my game I attach Yuri with my daughter Sakae.
Yuri has the Heavy Crush tactic that ignores terrain penalty when rushing and increases attack greatly for a moderate amount of time. Sakae has Swift tactic, that increases movement speed in battle. Activate both tactics for 3 Bars of Control, and end it with a Cavalry Charge costing 2 Bars for maximum effect. Even a slight numerical disadvantage is meaningless, his charge would result in a rout for the enemy most of the time.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ah, that explains it. So what about all the other more esoteric things, like does Tier have any effect beyond you trying to lie about how OP your created officer is?

RK47

Patron
Ah, that explains it. So what about all the other more esoteric things, like does Tier have any effect beyond you trying to lie about how OP your created officer is?

Tier increase/decrease rate of statistic gain.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It's the loyalty required for the officer to stay loyal to you.
On a scale of 1-20
1 makes him an extremely loyal person who never betray.
20 means he is very hard to please and would require multiple bribes and possibly a marriage.
You can see the loyalty modifiers and how they work in game here...
Another interesting aspect is the more loyal that officer is, the more he's giving all he's got when tasked.

Loyalty default is 10 before applying modifiers.Also you need loyalty of 5 above Required to make officer impossible for enemy to entice.So if req loyalty is 7 officer with 12[10 default + 2 positive (if they have same Ideal that give +2 loyalty for example,if they are opposite like Fame-Profit -3)] he is safe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom