Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Non-post apocalyptic sci-fi RPG thread

Codex Year of the Donut
This is a thread for the best kind of RPG: the real sci-fi RPGs.
RPGs that are actually post apocalyptic but it is not revealed until later in the plot are acceptable.

What's your favorite sci-fi RPG?
What sci-fi RPG are you looking forward to?
What's a lesser known sci-fi RPG you think people should play?
:terminate:

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
WXSoTVDFpRzJSFCfgrZCPk-320-80.jpg

incline.png
incline.png
incline.png

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
2400 AD is a nice little (and short) Ultima clone, an easy to play (for 1987 standards) and very charming game about overthrowing a robotic police state.

ironmask

Arbiter
I'm really looking forward to colony ship. I really do wish there are more sci-fi non post apocalypse rpgs. Deus ex is one of my favorite games.

TwoEdge

Scholar
You started a thread for a genre that only has about a half-dozen games? :)

We're really lacking those, sadly. Let's see, the Buck Roger games are Gold Box goodness, Megatraveller 1&2, Albion, the Kotors, Deus Ex, Hard Nova, Anachronox, the Battletech Crescent Hawks duology... Do the Starflights and later Star Controls count as RPGs? I think those are all I can conjure from memory. Damn, why are they so rare when they can be so fun? Probably industry wisdom that they don't sell well.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong, though they are science fantasy, to be exact.

Numanuma is post-post-post-apocalyptic, though of course with many weaknesses.

Starcrawlers and Space Shock are little scifi blobbers.

FTL is good, though not really an RPG.

Colony Ship looks indeed like the most promising entry in the hard scifi genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom