Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nonsense n' Chaos

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Somebody show me the stats of the Radiant Marauder and the bless, because they sound pretty beastly. :)

Zibniyat

Arcane
Somebody show me the stats of the Radiant Marauder and the bless, because they sound pretty beastly. :)

35171og.jpg

16lbdx1.jpg

2hnm105.jpg

Couldn't upload to imgur for some reason, so tinypic it is.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ah yeah, the quickened panther riders. Nice, thanks. Awe is kind of nuts on top of that. I guess the strat against them might be that they fatigue out in an extended battle? Skelly spam.

Zibniyat

Arcane
No strategy. You just throw everything you have at them :negative:

Just kidding. There are strategies, but it would be unwise of me to divulge them here and now... (As everyone knows, I'm currently at war with Ravence).

Zibniyat

Arcane
I find myself to not be a very chatty person when it comes to the game. I view everyone through a lens of "you will use everything I say against me", which, considering this forum, is more than likely true.

Perhaps. The caveat is that your silence or sporadic correspondence WILL also be used against you. Moderation is everything...

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Ah yeah, the quickened panther riders. Nice, thanks. Awe is kind of nuts on top of that. I guess the strat against them might be that they fatigue out in an extended battle? Skelly spam.
However!!! They turn into fire elementals on death..... I'm not even kidding..... and just like all fire elementals, you have to kill them multiple times. As fire elementals they are still blessed and have awe......

:lol::lol::lol:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I find myself to not be a very chatty person when it comes to the game. I view everyone through a lens of "you will use everything I say against me", which, considering this forum, is more than likely true.

Never stop talking.

Don't trust Anhur , mondblut, KoolNoodles , Isiloon in ANYTHING. They are so prone to betrayals is not even fun. Like, clockwork.

Don't trust anything they say. You'll thank me later, if/when you survive.

Other players.... coldcrow can be somewhat trusted, and the others I do not know.

Good luck :salute:

In other news, I must say, it feels good playing as Caelum* again. It just somehow feels right. Playing it is like breathing clean, fresh and chilly mountain air. Quite refreshing. I'm LOVING IT.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It has been years, and I still remember the "Trust me, I moved those Crushers near your borders by mistake".

And I, with puppy eyes, even believed that.

:argh:

Muh innocence

KoolNoodles

Arcane
However!!! They turn into fire elementals on death..... I'm not even kidding..... and just like all fire elementals, you have to kill them multiple times. As fire elementals they are still blessed and have awe......

osh.gif

Well that changes everything!! :lol:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
All of you have the integrity of big green flashing DOWNLOAD NOW buttons.

I know it's not good etiquette to post private messages publicly, but I thought this shit was so entertaining I had to share, I hope you don't take it personally, sorry Anhur .

But you have to admit your fake ass diplomacy is a parody

==========================================================================================

wlXI6Rv.png

=========================================================================================

Click now to download a NaP!!!!!

download.png

Zibniyat

Arcane
Yeah, but I AM honest about this. 117 and 99 *were* contested provinces before you took them, effectively cutting me off from easy further expansion. And I just want an extra 1 province as war spoils, which seems pretty reasonable to me...

:smug:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Don't worry man, we can all do that.

Ahem, don't trust Dayyālu

Hey, I would say to him not to trust me first of all :smug:

Ask the poor Zephyr Arsland in Decline10 :negative:

But I'm not in this game.

.....anybody who I've lost to or who has attacked me. All untrustworthy, how dare they! :argh:

Should I tell him to trust you? Would you do the same knowing your .... ehm.... "flexible" approach to diplo?

I find nothing improper in telling others that yeh, some players are clearly betrayal-prone and some are not from my personal experience. If they trust what I say, that's another matter.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I find nothing improper in telling others that yeh, some players are clearly betrayal-prone and some are not from my personal experience. If they trust what I say, that's another matter.

Which is subjective and completely misses the point. It isn't about betrayal *at all*.

It is about fun. Yes, precisely and primarily about fun.

I remember in one of Decline games, upon being presented with a map choice, me and sqeecoo made an arrangement even before the game officially started. I think not even 12 turns into the game that sqeeeco betrayed me, and plunged ourselves into a pathetic war that of course caused my demise, but it was still fun and I sure am not going to hold some fucking .txt file about not trusting sqeeco for doing it. Instead, I'm grateful for his betrayal and the lesson I learned. The lesson being "fuck grand pre-start arrangements and be more careful when expanding with a pretender".

Then there's the Decline 7, a game which took some 85 turns to end. I had a lengthy border with Dreaad 's Arcoscephale, but in spite of it, and in spite of even having an opportunity well before it, it took me some (I don't even remember any more) 50+ turns to actually attack them, and the attack came when there was only 4 (out of 10?) of us left, with clear strategical necessity for it to happen. Why didn't I attack them before and "betrayed" our NAP? Because I had actually fun exploring the late game, I wanted to reach many research goals, build as many artefacts as I could, cast some globals etc. It wouldn't be as fun to me to attack Arco before. Also, I was the last one to even get involved in any conflict at all, my first target being an ailing fucking AI at the 45th turn!

And yes, there's the single game in which both of us played as opponents, where I used every opportunity to betray you because it was *fun* to do so. I still remember hilarious messaging exchanges between not only us, but also with other players who said something along the lines "Watching Dayyālu 's reactions to my betrayals is gold!", and I couldn't agree more. The very act of betraying you *was fun*. And I'd do it again without second thought if I'd have at least a minimum of strategic and tactical advantage against you. Which was enabled by Caelum. :smug:

Now, there was some particular point I've wanted to make, but I'm going to have to content myself with the initial statement that it isn't about me being "prone" to betrayal, which the examples I've made here clearly state, but I'm just sometimes fun-prone and willing to even sacrifice the victory for it.

Stop being so butthurt about this.

Actually, you know what? Don't stop being butthurt. I love it when you accuse me of being "especially betrayal-prone" etc. Like I said, these messages of yours are hilarious and funny to me, and I appreciate them GREATLY.:smug:

(Edit: Do notice that I've even brofisted Isiloon's post here about our PMs. I'm not at all angry or uncomfortable with him revealing our PMs. On the contrary, it is funny and so be it.)

But... perhaps I am in fact somehow especially betrayal prone nonetheless? Still, that misses the point. This is a game, not some LARP where real people would be affected and harmed by my betrayals, so excuse me if I find that fun. Even when used against me.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh yes, that was horrible from me Anhur, in D9. Sorry again.

In my defense, I actually wanted to stick to our pre-game arrangement, but my expansion was blocked by a throne with 100+ Amber Clans, so I had the choice of either waiting forever to be able to breach that or going for you. I made the wrong choice there since your fucking lobsters still give me nightmares to this day :D

I love the "integrity of big green flashing DOWNLOAD NOW buttons" bit :D

mondblut

Arcane
And yes, there's the single game in which both of us played as opponents, where I used every opportunity to betray you because it was *fun* to do so. I still remember hilarious messaging exchanges between not only us, but also with other players who said something along the lines "Watching Dayyālu 's reactions to my betrayals is gold!", and I couldn't agree more. The very act of betraying you *was fun*. And I'd do it again without second thought if I'd have at least a minimum of strategic and tactical advantage against you. Which was enabled by Caelum. :smug:

Now, there was some particular point I've wanted to make, but I'm going to have to content myself with the initial statement that it isn't about me being "prone" to betrayal, which the examples I've made here clearly state, but I'm just sometimes fun-prone and willing to even sacrifice the victory for it.

Note to self: when presented with an opportunity to betray Dayyālu - do so. :troll:

there are different kinds of .txt :smug:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Which is subjective and completely misses the point. It isn't about betrayal *at all*.

It is about fun. Yes, precisely and primarily about fun.

I remember in one of Decline games, upon being presented with a map choice, me and sqeecoo made an arrangement even before the game officially started. I think not even 12 turns into the game that sqeeeco betrayed me, and plunged ourselves into a pathetic war that of course caused my demise, but it was still fun and I sure am not going to hold some fucking .txt file about not trusting sqeeco for doing it. Instead, I'm grateful for his betrayal and the lesson I learned. The lesson being "fuck grand pre-start arrangements and be more careful when expanding with a pretender".

Then there's the Decline 7, a game which took some 85 turns to end. I had a lengthy border with Dreaad 's Arcoscephale, but in spite of it, and in spite of even having an opportunity well before it, it took me some (I don't even remember any more) 50+ turns to actually attack them, and the attack came when there was only 4 (out of 10?) of us left, with clear strategical necessity for it to happen. Why didn't I attack them before and "betrayed" our NAP? Because I had actually fun exploring the late game, I wanted to reach many research goals, build as many artefacts as I could, cast some globals etc. It wouldn't be as fun to me to attack Arco before. Also, I was the last one to even get involved in any conflict at all, my first target being an ailing fucking AI at the 45th turn!

Actually, you know what? Don't stop being butthurt. I love it when you accuse me of being "especially betrayal-prone" etc. Like I said, these messages of yours are hilarious and funny to me, and I appreciate them GREATLY.:smug:

(Edit: Do notice that I've even brofisted Isiloon's post here about our PMs. I'm not at all angry or uncomfortable with him revealing our PMs. On the contrary, it is funny and so be it.)

But... perhaps I am in fact somehow especially betrayal prone nonetheless? Still, that misses the point. This is a game, not some LARP where real people would be affected and harmed by my betrayals, so excuse me if I find that fun. Even when used against me.

Emblarks+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+1+at+_b0675d214b9ad273d93ad57ac4826eab.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Not really sure at what point my capital's PD just disappeared and suddenly 30 rangers appeared, but whatever I don't care if I die.

My geography is terrible for fighting flying opponents, such is life

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Nah mate, I'll fight to the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom