Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Nook looks at Nearly Dead

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Mono Software Inc.; Nearly Dead

Nookrium has a video preview of Nearly Dead, which is a game inspired by Project Zomboid and Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. The game features pretty much what you'd expect, inventory, crafting, zombies, skills, demons, wood planks, co-op, cabbages and mushrooms. It'll eventually be for sale in Early Access per the Steam page or you can grab the open alpha from Itch.io. There's also a Kickstarter page with the first goal met.

The main character of the game doesn't have to be human. In ND, an anthropomorphic creature can be a main character or a companion. Wait! Do they have to be humanoid?

In fact, ND plans to be designed to give you the ability to play as other living creatures like horses, cows, and mice.​

Uhhh.. You're kind of losing me there with the furry stuff. That said, I really do like the graphics and the interactivity with the game world. The more I can interact with the world, the better.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thats look like a project zomboid clone with worse presentation. Cant see any feature PZ dont have, whats the point ?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't mind the presentation too much. The main problem with it is that it might be a little too "cutesy" for the setting involved there.

As for it being too much like PZ, I'd consider that a bonus if they tossed the control system of PZ and implimented a control scheme that was way more intuitive. I really, really, really hate the control scheme of PZ. I really enjoy everything else about it for the most part, but the controls keep me away from it. That said, if it's just PZ with 2D graphics and furries, I totally agree with you. There is no point. Although warpig might like playing a catgirl.

I still really like seeing how you can interact with things, break things down, and so on. I really want more RPGs to allow me to do things with tables, chairs, barrels, etc. rather than just being there for background scenery and obstacles.

Tao

Savant
I think i still prefer CDDA, but never mind ill keep this one on the radar.

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I still really like seeing how you can interact with things, break things down, and so on. I really want more RPGs to allow me to do things with tables, chairs, barrels, etc. rather than just being there for background scenery and obstacles.
I'd love to see a survival game also giving the option of designing one's own furniture. It'd just be cosmetic shit, sure, but it'd scratch the carpenter's itch in some of us.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Another zombie survival game? What is this, 2015 all over again?

That being said, it's nice to see a kickstarter project with legs. Why can't one of these games have functional companion AI?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Why can't one of these games have functional companion AI?

The Survivalist games have followers. You can use them to make a town and recruit them as needed in to your party. That said, it was interesting that Project Zomboid was talking about having NPCs you could find and recruit if you didn't kill them and they didn't kill you, but that never materialized.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom