Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NOOOOO SHEPAAAAAARD

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Oh no! The super badass space marine you played in ME1 is dead! You'll have to play as a newbie in ME2! What a surprise!

racofer

Thread Incliner
I predict two stupid outcomes for this:

1) Sheppard is severely injured, which brings him back to a level one state;
2) Sheppard has amnesia and will rediscover himself throughout the game;

Mark these words.

Severian Silk

racofer said:
I predict two stupid outcomes for this:

1) Sheppard is severely injured, which brings him back to a level one state;
2) Sheppard has amnesia and will rediscover himself throughout the game;

Mark these words.

It's called innovashun.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Admiral jimbob said:
http://kotaku.com/5157628/your-first-look-at-mass-effect-2

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That's actually a lot better than most Game Over screens these days. I don't think we've even had a game over cinematic since Baldur's Gate.

feighnt

Scholar
Volourn said:
He's likely not even dead. Just presumed dead.

yep. or some variation that other's have mentioned.

you *are* supposed to load the data from the first game - including the Shepard you made - into the second. would be kinda anti-climactic to load up a corpse (although, now that i think of it, it'd be kinda funny - would it ever piss off some fans :lol: )

WalterKinde

Scholar
Well we had to put up with this in Gothic2 and 3 so no surprise there although you didn't import saves from Gothic or Gothic 2 into the sequels lets just hope they don't do a Metal Gear Solid 2 and have you play one mission with Shepard then load you up with some newbie unknown.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"would it ever piss off some fans )"

I actually would love this plan for that exact reason. Whiny drama over a video game character is always awesome.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yes, only it will be made by bioware, therefore all potential for a remotely good drama will be lost with teenage class dialogs and pacing.

Talonfire

Scholar
racofer said:
Yes, only it will be made by bioware, therefore all potential for a remotely good drama will be lost with teenage class dialogs and pacing.

Don't you think you're giving Bioware a little too much credit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom