Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that Disco Elysium is decline?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I would say that even within the context of "game writing" that DE fails to measure up to full-featured games like Arcanum, or even Fallout: New Vegas, as these are games that put extensive and coherent world-building and multi-quest design interaction at the forefront; writing in RPGs is about everything that goes into making the underlying mechanics function, not just about writing NPCs or weaving together a plot.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I see you are a man of counterculture and will praise any turd just be different and harvest "prestigious" ratings. Pathetic.
I'm just contributing to the ELEX meme. I've never played it nor D:OS 2. It's possible I'd like OS 2 better.

Just for reference, have you played any games the past few years or are you full time stalking/posting?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just for reference, have you played any games the past few years or are you full time stalking/posting?
The last new RPG I played was Stygian a few months ago. I wrote a review for the Codex. :)

Before that, the latest RPG I played was Tides of Numenera. I have D:OS 2, Kingmaker, and Atom purchased, it's just a question of how long it will take to download for the first two, and I'm waiting for Atom's updates to cease before starting it.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Tell me more about those prestigious RPG's that were not made by Europeans, there is Age of Decadence and ?

I believe Vault Dweller is ukrainian
So, it is official now. cRPG as a genre - by slavs, for slavs?

Are Estonians, Germans, Frenchmen and Italians Slavs?
Ok, Germans have their holy ELEX, Estonians - DE. But I do not remember any good French or Italian cRPGs.

V_K

Arcane

Cael

Arcane
The Council [...] has real puzzles
Which is why it does qualify as RPG/Adventure hybrid, and DE arguably doesn't.

Ok, Germans have their holy ELEX, Estonians - DE. But I do not remember any good French or Italian cRPGs.
The Council is French btw.
Plus Germans also have Blackguards and the unmentioned Finns have Grimrock.
The Germans have Realms of Arkania...

DE reminds me of that Russian made FPS where the US invaded Russia and you played an ex-merc or something defending your little village. Jingoistic anti-West nonsense ahoy!

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Games like DE are very dangerous trojan horses that normalize anti-gameplay and anti-combat sentiment and promote the false idea that we want ideologically driven "stories" in our games; there is nothing more divisive than this, and it is objectively a net loss to design games this way. We must be very vigilant about this, or these people will usurp our genre right under our noses and remove everything good about it and leave it only a soulless husk that exists only as a vehicle for their pathologies.
When 95% of the people pushing, shilling and praising the game are avowed communists or communist sympathizers, then how is it ridiculous to claim that communists are pushing, shilling and praising the game? Not to mention you can look no further than this very thread to find DE apologists using tactics right out of Rules for Radicals.
the pattern is there and obvious for anyone that pays attention and for those that don't are either in denial or lack the necessary mental capacity to do so. "Game Journos" and their ilk have an immense hatred (Contempt) for anything that is complex, that poses a challenge or that it requires time to master. They want to turn games into full narrative driven "art" house diarrhea with the least bit of gameplay, they have been trying hard for years to impose their narrative on the gaming landscape. Its no wonder they love a game like DE since it is nothing but what can be considered an anti-game.
I have here in my hand a list of 134 names that were made known to the RPG Codex as being members of the Communist Party
Felt like shedding light on some facts in regard to this retarded thread:
Communists, SJWs, game journalists, story mode proponents, pedophiles and Turks are scum that should be lined up and doused with napalm.
Disco Elysium is not trying to turn you into a commie and is not going to take your combat away.
Disco Elysium is GOTY 2019 and one of the best role-playing games in ages.
Stop being butthurt and paranoid, it’s not good for your health.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So your opinion on RPGs isn't worth a red lizard's shit. Kind of you to inform us.

My opinion on RPG's is clearly worth your butthurt tho isn't it
No.

Why would would I be butthurt? Because DE was recognized as a good RPG and awarded for it? Because a number of indeed butthurt fags started a thread to call it decline? No, I come here to laugh at retards like you. Now go play some lizard romancing a skeleton or whatever it is you consider "good RPG". :lol:

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair to games journalists the 2018 Game Award for Best RPG went to Monster Hunter World, so they have a history of not actually picking RPGs to win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom