Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Now that the dust has settled, can we admit that Disco Elysium is decline?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Goral citing peoples join date is hilariously ironic when you realize he relies on newfags to take the heat off him. If there weren't new retards for people to rip on, he'd still be getting shit on for his garbage opinions, but now he can peacefully wallow in relative obscurity while he pretends people give a fuck about him.

Reader

Scholar
Disco Elysium is as much RPG as this
twerk-8fac4.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh jesus... I watched a walkthrough on that POS. Lordy! So, DE is decline? Shite? Super Hyped? So much Hype! THE HYPE! Make Hype Great Again?

note:
My post on POS was that dating sim not DE. I guess i should have clarified.

The date sim is funny in a way but generally garbage.

Last edited:

Phinx

Augur
Disco is a good game, IMO. Not the greatest ever. Like myself, others are entitled to their own opinions in regards to how they rate this game. The issue I have is the pack sheeple mentality. People started touting it as the spiritual successor to Torment, then it became the game to rival Torment, or surpass it.

Proceeding that, the sheeple that don't know any better, play it and repeat what they've read online about the game and that is how they have come to associate the game. Many that haven't even played Torment will pretend they have and say Disco is as good or better. It's the same thing with Nirvana/Metallica, I have no problem with someone saying it's their favorite band, or it's the best band ever. But the instant I say I like my rock'n'roll and the listener I am speaking to doesn't, they automatically go to the typical response of what they know "oh do you listen to Nirvana/Metallica, they are the best band ever". This shit pisses me off.

Same thing with food, oh I've never eaten at a restaurant like this before. Someone will recommend them something and say "try this, it's the best". Most haven't tried everything on the menu. If they had, their favorites would vary wildly based on taste. But when they first tried a dish from an unknown continent, they asked for a recommendation, and were told that this is the best. Which from then on, they have come to associate that meal as, combined with their lack of knowledge. And it gets passed on from one person to the next.

Disco is going down this road. Now we have apologists that associate it as being the best RPG of all time who don't know any better. Play the damn thing, and form your own god damn opinions. If you've played many, or it's you favorite that's okay. If it's not, then that's okay as well. But don't come shove it down our throats that it's the best ever when you don't know shit.

Goldschmidt

Learned
PoE is better than DE.
Path of Exile is fucking boring clicker, which is a real decline, even from diablo clones. And what does diablo clone have anything to do with Disco Excellency?

You tiriggered me, troll!!! POE is the only true incline humanity experienced since the dawn of times. It got glorious real time combat. Even better it is got the recipe to completely revolutionize the current economic system! I mean the very ending of the americunt's 'almighty' dollarpaper.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
PoE is better than DE.
Path of Exile is fucking boring clicker, which is a real decline, even from diablo clones. And what does diablo clone have anything to do with Disco Excellency?

You tiriggered me, troll!!! POE is the only true incline humanity experienced since the dawn of times. It got glorious real time combat. Even better it is got the recipe to completely revolutionize the current economic system! I mean the very ending of the americunt's 'almighty' dollarpaper.

POE is better than POE

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
My post on POS was that dating sim not DE. I guess i should have clarified.

HEY! Trashmob combat grinding is what some of us slobber for. GRIND EM HARD!!

Last edited:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Does Disco Elysium contain dragon shouts?

If an RPG doesn't have dragon shouts then it isn't an RPG!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom