Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Nu Codex rocks! The "I Love It" Thread with definitive poll

Do you like Nu Codex?

• Total voters
Nu Codex looks great to me, honestly.

Really swish and easy to navigate.

Like the new categories; took me a while to get my head around a few things but, being the MAN i am and not a whiny BITCH, i was able to work it out and appreciate the work gone into making this happen.

This will be a day long remembered...

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't like the plain grey background
Untitled.jpg
idk, just put something there

otherwise, my complaints were addressed prior to launch

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It is not triggering me as much as other people here but it is half-baked at best and lots of features are still missing. Not sure why DU flipped the switch as soon as he did

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Having lived through 3 of these upgrades on different sites I am desensitized to the changes. Complaints are typical, and most of them will be worked out in due time, while the rest can be fixed with Stylus. The majority of the users get used to the changes, and new features more than make up for it. I'd love to see a threadmarking addon implemented for LPs.

TCxG3jkU_o.jpg

JMXd5xob_o.jpg
0PBNWuTv_o.jpg

hp2NGJPD_o.jpg

I can see some concerns -- like the color difference between the post and the avatar, and the posts feeling disjointed because of the grey background between them -- have already been addressed.

I like the compact design (it's a bit too compact -- some of the old signatures no longer fit), and I like that the buttons no longer take a third of each post. You can't believe how many times I gave accidental ratings.

New quotes seem a bit too wide in comparison, but then that might just be me.

The background needs to come back. A better defined border between the post area and the background wouldn't be amiss (that black outline on the old screenshots). Borders really make a difference in perception.
ZuxHH6LZ_o.jpg
Could probably replace the small buffer area with dark blue to get back that blue feel of the old site.

Also, unifying all the thread buttons (page navigation, Watch/Jump to New) into a single bar could help combat the disjointed feel and make it look more cohesive.

Oh, and the width of the posting area needs to adjust to the screen size, but I am sure that has been talked about in the neighbouring thread for 5 pages -- that one is really hard to miss.

The forums page (the one with the list of threads) could use some love (some more personality), starting with the icons. It's probably not too complex to get it to look like the old one?

Edit: the rating icons are a bit 'meh'. The counter shouldn't have a gray color, and perhaps the background could be transparent? I'll wait to see what the site looks in a week and then make a css script to fix that if it isn't.
Xenforo 2.0 has a functionality where clicking on a rating opens a list of people who gave you that rating. Can we have a button to view all ratings and who gave then all at once?

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
The Codex design is still better than Retardera’s, so there’s still room for getting worse.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I think it’s fine. I’m confident they’ll fix everything given enough time, just have to patiently wait for the growing pain to subside. There’s even more buttons of mine coming so that’s something you can all look forward to.

DakaSha

Arcane
Nucodex needs a little bit of work but is a long term improvement. Shoutbox 2.0 bangin

Tytus

Arcane

This section of this particular song best describes my feeling towards nu-Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom