Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Numantia - Romans vs Barbarians in Turn-Based Glory!

Ebonsword

Arcane
Stumbled across this game on Steam today. A TBS about Rome fending off the Barbarian hordes? Sounds right up my alley!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588080/Numantia/

But there doesn't seem to be any discussion here on the Codex about it. Is anyone familiar with it or its developer (Recotechnology)?

The art style looks decent, although the animations aren't too impressive. Also, the battlefields I've seen show a disappointing lack of elevation changes.

Still, if the gameplay is good, I could live with that.

065648.jpg

065651.jpg

numantia-screen-05-ps4-us-06oct17

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
WTF, the strategic map is a straight-up copy-paste of Rome: Total War.

Rome: Turn-Based War?

EDIT: Wait a minute...that IS Rome: Total War! Did you find these images with Google Image Search?

Ebonsword

Arcane
WTF, the strategic map is a straight-up copy-paste of Rome: Total War.

Rome: Turn-Based War?

EDIT: Wait a minute...that IS Rome: Total War! Did you find these images with Google Image Search?

Oops! Fixed that image (I never play RTS games, so that's why I didn't recognize it.)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
A TBS about Rome fending off the Barbarian hordes?

It has nothing to do with barbarian hordes. Numantians were celtiberians, the original settlers of the central eastern Iberian Peninsula. Rome was the invader there.

They were aggressors; they build their settlements just right next NATO Roman bases Comrade!

Seriously Game looks good but if you going onto TB why not use :obviously: hand painted maps and sprites instead of dated looking 3D graphics? Serially it looks like some RTW I mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom