Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 2 review?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The fact that y game is better than x game shouldn't mean y game is automatically good. If you were actually smart, you idiot, that would be obvious.

L0L I, Volourn, like TOEE simply because it's better than POR2. L0L0L0L0L Whatever. :roll:

Monica21

Scholar
Volourn said:
The fact that y game is better than x game shouldn't mean y game is automatically good. If you were actually smart, you idiot, that would be obvious.

L0L I, Volourn, like TOEE simply because it's better than POR2. L0L0L0L0L Whatever. :roll:
I didn't say "it's good because it's better than NWN1." I said I liked it better. There's a difference. I'm stating opinion, not writing a review, you idiot. Even a dumbfuck should be able to figure that out, but I guess I gave you too much credit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Even a dumbfuck should be able to figure that out, but I guess I gave you too much credit."

More evidence that you are an idiot. You've been registered since 2005. You have no excuse for not knowing better. Moron.

"I didn't say "it's good because it's better than NWN1." I said I liked it better."

You implied it, hwoever, or else what was the point of mentioning NWN1 *at all* in your defense of liking NWN2?

It comes across as: "I liked NWN2... because it's better than NWN1." WTF? That shouldn't matter even a little bit. :roll:

Monica21

Scholar
Volourn said:
You implied it, hwoever, or else what was the point of mentioning NWN1 *at all* in your defense of liking NWN2?
No, I did not imply. You assumed. The reason for mentioning NWN1 is the same as mentioning any other sequel to a title. I prefer NWN2 over NWN1. If I have to choose, I'll choose the second. Now shut up and go learn how quote tags work.

AZ

Liturgist
I'm pretty disappointed whit NWN2, somehow the whole oc is shallow. I feel the story is extremely unoriginal, npcs are much more lighter than in the BG games (in BG2 for example all npcs had their personal drama and where usually totally "fucked up by life" - elf lost wings, druid her husband and later her faith in Harpers, the ranger was simply amusingly retarded, the thief was betraying you because of greed and fear - they where interesting at least). The maps are very small and generic, and unbelievable , npcs have no life just standing forever. I hope someone will make a descent modul.

no

Novice
I couldn't even finish NWN2, but luckily I'm a Immoral East European who doesn't get no moral pains for pirating a product that runs out of its steam after 20 hours of use. I think I'll still buy it, though, just for the sake of Sawyers pet project.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
Ever since Planescape: Torment, Obsidian (previously Black Isle) seems to have developed a talent for writing uninteresting stories populated by uninteresting characters that have no charm and invoke no empathy. Kotor 2 and NWN 2 are pretty bad in this regard.

Texas Red

Whiner
doctor_kaz said:
Ever since Planescape: Torment, Obsidian (previously Black Isle) seems to have developed a talent for writing uninteresting stories populated by uninteresting characters that have no charm and invoke no empathy. Kotor 2 and NWN 2 are pretty bad in this regard.

No. KotOR is infenitely better than NWN 2 OC. The characters *are* interesting. I honestly dont know what youre talking about.

Although I dont understand how everyone at Obsidian agreed to these cliche stereotype companions. Jeez...

doctor_kaz

Scholar
The Walkin' Dude said:
No. KotOR is infenitely better than NWN 2 OC. The characters *are* interesting. I honestly dont know what youre talking about.

They are only interesting in concept because they aren't archetypes, but their dialog was annoyingly pretentious as shit and their personalities were dry as an 80-year-old lady's twat. The villains were lame too. Instead of wanting to kill the villains to save the universe, I wanted to kick the blind jedi hag in the ovaries so that she would shut up.

Julio

Scholar
As horridly tedious as NWN2's OC is, at least it boasts better written NPC's than Jade Empire. JE is about as dry as burnt toast.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"As horridly tedious as NWN2's OC is, at least it boasts better written NPC's than Jade Empire. JE is about as dry as burnt toast."

Only by stupid people like you who have no taste. R00fles!

psycojester

Arbiter
More evidence that you are an idiot. You've been registered since 2005. You have no excuse for not knowing better. Moron.

I'm a Dumbfuck therefore you are. God i love his logic

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Your starting to sound dumb again princess...."

I've always been dumb. *shrug*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom