Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 beta patch

suibhne

Erudite
I don't think this is front-page newsworthy tbh, 'cause it's still, like, beta 'n' stuff. But folks currently playing through NWN2 might wish to throw all caution to the wind and try out this BETA (DANGER DANGER) version of the new patch. Yes, it's officially unofficially released by Obsidian, so it's for realz, but that 25-page thread includes a few mentions of new problems introduced by the patch; don't forget to back up your "My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2" directory before you patch.

The changelog is impressive, including apparent fixes for all of the crazy AOE problems in Hardcore (i.e., real D&D rules) mode. Otoh, the LA adjustment for Githzerai was accidentally eliminated, and containers were (no doubt unintentionally) given 142 slots in the patch - which might sound totally awesome, except that using more than 120 or so actually bugs the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I hate the beta. It made loading the game take forever or not work at all. Load times of more than 5 minutes are not cool.

suibhne

Erudite
Seems to be a lot of variability in the effects of this patch - many people swearing on stacks of Bibles that it led to significant performance increases, and others saying it did nothing (or worse). I haven't tried it myself, and I probably won't...tho the thought of my Bard's Curse Song finally working might be enough to entice me. :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Heh. That's about how all patches are. Some it works great; other sso much. What's funny is that this is my first BETA patch ever, and I regret it.

Never again, never forget!

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
Heh. That's about how all patches are. Some it works great; other sso much. What's funny is that this is my first BETA patch ever, and I regret it.

Never again, never forget!

You can easily remove it. What is there to regret?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Works perfectly for me. Why is that Volourn always has bugs, glitches, CTD's, quicksaving that doesn't work, patches that screw up her game, an inability to utilize common control methods and loading times that take 43 minutes in every game she plays?

Mystary!

Texas Red

Whiner
aweigh said:
Works perfectly for me. Why is that Volourn always has bugs, glitches, CTD's, quicksaving that doesn't work, patches that screw up her game, an inability to utilize common control methods and loading times that take 43 minutes in every game she plays?

Mystary!

Eh? Volourn is a she?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
A while ago her gender was revealed along with a passion for Hulk Hogan and Wrestlemania in a thread.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You can easily remove it. What is there to regret?"

Eh? Because it amde the game worse? Seems like a reasonable thing to regret it.

"Why is that Volourn always has bugs, glitches, CTD's, quicksaving that doesn't work, patches that screw up her game, an inability to utilize common control methods and loading times that take 43 minutes in every game she plays?"

Right. Oops. Wrong. Most games I play work fine. In fact, NWN2 worked pretty damn good for me until this patch. Dumbass.

Why do you lie?

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn, you dont actually have a strong right to complain since the patch is beta. You got a warning before downloading it. And you can remove it and continue with the old 1.02.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I didn't know I was bitching. I just pointed out a fact. In fact, I laughed about it on the Obsidian baords. I never said,"OMG! Obsidian screwed me! WAAA! I'm gonna sue them for a million dollars! WAAA!"

So, in essence, wut u talkin' 'bout Willis?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom