Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

NWN2: Mask of the betrayer announced. O RLLY?

Discussion in 'Obsidian Entertainment' started by serch, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Jim Kata Arbiter

Jim Kata
    Yeah the fact that the have the EXACT same response regardless of what you say is fucking ridiculous.

^ Top  
  2. rei1974 Scholar

rei1974
    A pity NWN2 always crash on my pc at a specific point (warehouse, after you come back from eyegouger orc battles in old owl).
    Of course, bioware support completely ignored me. I won't ever buy a game from them again, if they are so bugged that I can't even finish them!!!!

^ Top  
  3. claudius the god Scholar

claudius the god
    Sounds like a bad installation or corrupt savegame.

^ Top  
  4. Monica21 Scholar

Monica21
    If you think I'm belittling it, it's only because I have bigger issues with tthe game than whether or not I have to have Casavir in my party or not. I still like the game, but like I said in my previous posts, there are bigger things that need fixing.

Ruins of Arvahn? Yes, she's the one who knows the ritual. So?

No you don't. I've taken one or the other in different playthroughs.

I suppose it's useless to point out that Shandra's blood is what gets you into the Haven and that she's dead by the time you exit the portal from Jerro's lab?

I obviously found the game more enjoyable than you did. Oh well.

^ Top  
  5. Saxon1974 Prophet

Saxon1974
    What I wanna know about the expansion is;

Is the game going to be linear like the original?
    Will you be able to explore freely? In the original there was no point most of the time because as nice as Neverwinter looked you could only enter about 2 or 3 buildings in the whole town.

These 2 reasons are why I quite playing. If the expansions did these things better I might play it.

^ Top  
  6. OccupatedVoid Arbiter

OccupatedVoid
    Your skills in Thread Necromancy are quite formidable.

^ Top  
  7. DragoFireheart all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DragoFireheart
    Forced Party? What the fuck kind of crap is that!?

Oh well, how's the online-multiplayer?

^ Top  
  8. bryce77 Scholar

bryce77
    I really enjoyed NWN2 because it was heavily influenced by JRPG game design philosophies. I especially enjoyed the emphasis on "forced parties" and the linear structure.

^ Top  
  9. Einherjar Novice

Einherjar
    It depends. The main campaign is a bit annoying, since when one character talks to anyone, no-one else can do anything, even in minor conversations. The game is still pretty fun though, at least past the trial. I haven't tried any modules yet, but based on how the game handles area transitions, I'm not too hopeful, given that one of the best modules for the first game was the Random Dungeon Generator, in which half the fun was some of your party splitting up, for you to find their corpses later.

^ Top  
  10. bryce77 Scholar

bryce77
    Concerning new stuff in Mask of the Betrayers:

^ Top  
  11. serch Magister

serch
    ^ Top  
  12. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    I'm confused with the RTS 'drag a square' part, I don't think you really need this. Since you just carry around a party of 6, surely you can just hit the hot key for each character when paused, and give them commands. Allowing me to select multiple character at once doesn't really help much with the pre-combat positioning.

^ Top  
  13. bryce77 Scholar

bryce77
    u are correct sir, the multiselect is mostly useless. The only good use it would have would be for formations, as u pointed out, but nwn2 doesn't feature formations like in BG. i've played thru the nwn2 oc twice and never once needed to use the multiselect. as u said, u can just pause, click on the car u want, give him his orders, unpause. and u don't get even get the full 6 member party until act 3 anyway. AFAIK and from what i've read the expansion will limit the party to 4 peeps max, like the Act 1 of the nwn2 oc.

that little blurb was written by some moron from gamespot who watched fearless urqhart demo the game on a laptop. he thinks the multiselect is a feature from the expansion... just another example of clueless game "journos".

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.