Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2 now on Steam!

Arcanoix

Scholar
Thought I'd reveal that. NWN2 is now on Steam. :love:

genci88

Educated
Maybe I should create a new thread whenever a random game is available on some random shitty online store.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
genci88 said:
Maybe I should create a new thread whenever a random game is available on some random shitty online store.
Steam is not random, it might be shitty and it is not really a store sicne it has no inventory to remove from. NWN2 is not a random game, it is the best RPG since Arcanum which I haven't played.

genci88

Educated
Mighty Mouse said:
genci88 said:
Steam is not random, it might be shitty and it is not really a store sicne it has no inventory to remove from. NWN2 is not a random game, it is the best RPG since Arcanum which I haven't played.
Did you have trouble acquiring a copy of this game before it was available on Steam? No? Then my previous sarcastic statement is valid.

Otherwise I should be posting a new thread each time a random game comes back on stock on Amazon or GoGamer.

(And BTW I too love NWN2. I said "random" because it's an older game that you can find everywhere.)

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
This is actually nice news, as now i can finally buy it. Its hard to find anywhere else, even Atari doesnt sell it my region.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jagged-jimmy said:
This is actually nice news, as now i can finally buy it. Its hard to find anywhere else, even Atari doesnt sell it my region.
See this is a good thread after all, better than arguing over rpgs.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Started playing NWN2 OC only to be reminded how it's even worse than a Bioware RPG. :bounce:
I'll give MotB a try once I'm done with Nehrim. I created a character and ran through the starter dungeon where, but got bored within 5 minutes due to how boring it was.

Stabwound

Arcane
Is the online part of the game active/fun at all? I got the original without removing it from an inventory so I couldn't play online.

deuxhero

Arcane
Question: Does Platinum/the steam verison not take 2 hours to patch because some idiot devised a patch system that requires you to download every single patch ever?

Multi-headed Cow

Haven't installed it yet, but since it's Steam it should automatically be the latest version as soon as you download it.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Konjad said:
Arcanoix said:

Arcanoix? moar like Andhairoix amiright?

Nope. And if you don't like Steam, cry some more. Most companies are going the route of Valve in terms of Digital Distribution. If you don't like it, you're free to stick to your floppies.

genci88

Educated
Arcanoix said:
Nope. And if you don't like Steam, cry some more. Most companies are going the route of Valve in terms of Digital Distribution. If you don't like it, you're free to stick to your floppies.
Nope. Not floppies. Torrents.

If a game comes with Steam DRM, I take it as a green light from the publisher to pirate it.

I mean, why else would they artificially infect legit physical copies with an online restrictions platform, remove my first sale doctrine right, lock my games onto some online account, and maintain the option to lock me out of my games at any time? Why else, other than to direct me to piracy? :?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Arcanoix said:
Konjad said:
Arcanoix said:

Arcanoix? moar like Andhairoix amiright?

And where did I say I don't like Steam? If I wouldn't like it I would not use it, would I?

deuxhero

Arcane
Eh, given no one has confirmed patch times, I'm not going to buy it. Perhaps when I have a new computer with 4 or 8 GB of RAM, prehaps then I don't have to deal with the pants loading times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom