Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2: Storm of Zehir expansion (now confirmed)

Warden

Arbiter
Anthony Davis said:
Heh, there is nothing to really add at this point, work continues.

This is harsh.. work is bad. :(
Sorry, it's just that I'm currently working on avoiding to do anything constructive and useful in my life so I'm bored to hell and back thus I must ask questions.

And yeah, no developer has answered any of my questions. :/

Please, include a stimulans for having less party members/soloing - i.e. xp gained being split between party members. As it is.. it's just a big penality with no benefits to have less party members or soloing.

PS. OH, yes. I have a bonus interesting little question as well, after and if you answer my previous ones. :twisted:

Solohk

Scholar
I was checking out the official forums for more info, and man that place is agonizing. The big topics seem to be head models and hair, romances, and other unimportant topics. The romance topics get almost frightening, with someone who modded them into IWD, and a romancable Bishop.

I wonder if gamers as a whole are getting dumber, if I'm becoming a crotchety old man yelling for the kids to get off his damn lawn, or both.

Relayer71

Liturgist
The Codex: Home Of The Crochety Old RPGer (Get off our lawn kids!)

Bumper sticker: "It's not that I'm old, your RPGs suck!"

Solohk

Scholar
I can dig it.

On a somewhat related note I think I'm going to ruin myself. I ordered Planescape, Arcanum, and ToEE, and will play them all for the first time starting with Planescape. I'm still in the Hive. I'm being corrupted already. I had a dream about Planescape last night. There's no going back.

It was nice to be able to enjoy at least some current videogames...

Warden

Arbiter
Solohk said:
The romance topics get almost frightening, with someone who modded them into IWD, and a romancable Bishop.

That's just Melirinda.. the one who's complaining that both NWN2 OC and MotB had such bad & disappointing & horrible endings. She seems to be very unhappy that she couldn't fight Kelemvor. Poor baby, she couldn't fight a god.. in his own realm, and that left a sour cherry in her throat. :(

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd rather Obsidian just refrain from trying romances altogether, considering how bad the NWN2 OC romances were. I was too scarred to even try the romances in MotB.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Warden said:
Solohk said:
The romance topics get almost frightening, with someone who modded them into IWD, and a romancable Bishop.

That's just Melirinda.. the one who's complaining that both NWN2 OC and MotB had such bad & disappointing & horrible endings. She seems to be very unhappy that she couldn't fight Kelemvor. Poor baby, she couldn't fight a god.. in his own realm, and that left a sour cherry in her throat. :(
I would have liked the option of fighting him. And considering how easy dragons are at earlier levels a god shouldn't prove a problem. Especially if he's in his pajamas (his realm and all).
*thumbtwirl*

Seriously, the end of MotB was jarring if you built up the story about joining the crusade and tearing down the wall.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm actually playing through the Bishop Romance mod now... It's horrible, horrible, horrible.

Not as bad as Saerileth (the god of the romance mod audience), but still pretty much mindrape.

Still waiting for dialogue-based faux sex.

Warden

Arbiter
Shannow said:
I would have liked the option of fighting him. And considering how easy dragons are at earlier levels a god shouldn't prove a problem. Especially if he's in his pajamas (his realm and all).
*thumbtwirl*

Seriously, the end of MotB was jarring if you built up the story about joining the crusade and tearing down the wall.

The sad news is you can't hurt a god even if you're level 150. The option would then be: game over or choose a normal option. (Being in or out his realm doesn't matter.)

Starwars

Arcane
When keeping in mind how the game builds up (mostly through Kaelyn) the whole crusade thing, I do also think that there could've at least been a dramatic but futile attempt to tear down the wall, even if Kelemvor could prolly pwn you quite easily. It's one of the biggest problems with MotB, the storytelling flow is somewhat off if you're in agreeance with Kaelyn.

That said, Melirinda seems to be even more closed-minded than certain Codexers (yes!) in how games should play out. No interest unless you can play a female and romance a dude.
I would welcome more games with female heroes, or games lead-developed by a female, but come on...

It was amusing how she calls PS:Ts writing bad though, and that the plot is boring. And she also called The Witcher a modern reincarnation of PS:T at one point.

Lumpy

Arcane
But doing all that shit that Kaelyn does if she survives should be an option.

Warden

Arbiter
Lumpy said:
But doing all that shit that Kaelyn does if she survives should be an option.

Kaelyn wanted to tear down the wall because she thought that it's unfair that non-believers get stuck there, right?

Yep, me and Kaelyn agreed on that.

Vaarna_Aarne

Starwars said:
That said, Melirinda seems to be even more closed-minded than certain Codexers (yes!) in how games should play out. No interest unless you can play a female and romance a dude.
I would welcome more games with female heroes, or games lead-developed by a female, but come on...

It was amusing how she calls PS:Ts writing bad though, and that the plot is boring. And she also called The Witcher a modern reincarnation of PS:T at one point.
After reading her writing in the Bishop Mod, I don't think she'd have the right to even criticize Bethesda.

Warden

Arbiter
Vaarna_Aarne said:
After reading her writing in the Bishop Mod, I don't think she'd have the right to even criticize Bethesda.

But she's pretty low on my top-list of the bioware posters whose heads I would smash against a wall repeatedly. She's just not a big priority.

PS. You should smash your head against a wall as well seeing you actually downloaded that mod.

Solohk

Scholar
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Well now you've got me curious. Anyone have any choice lines?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"But she's pretty low on my top-list of the bioware posters whose heads I would smash against a wall repeatedly. She's just not a big priority."

Yeah, youa re #1 since youa re the biggest BIO fanboy! R00fles! Only Visceris, and Skyway are your competition. R00fles!

Shannow

Waster of Time
Warden said:
The sad news is you can't hurt a god even if you're level 150. The option would then be: game over or choose a normal option. (Being in or out his realm doesn't matter.)
What exactly are the rules for this? Killing a god in FR.

And just because it is deemed futile doesn't mean the player shouldn't have been allowed to attempt it.

Warden

Arbiter
Shannow said:
What exactly are the rules for this? Killing a god in FR.

The rules about this are simple; a player can't kill a god.

I agree, it would be cool to attempt it, would it be not insta death.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Would be isnta death if the god even bothered to kil, and this would depend on the god. Some would just teleport you away as the igorant nothing you are. Some would torture you for all eternity. And, yeah, some would, just end your existence.

Of coruse.. a mortal could become a god.. and, then kill gods.

nomask7

Arcane
Solohk said:
I can dig it.

On a somewhat related note I think I'm going to ruin myself. I ordered Planescape, Arcanum, and ToEE, and will play them all for the first time starting with Planescape. I'm still in the Hive. I'm being corrupted already. I had a dream about Planescape last night. There's no going back.

It was nice to be able to enjoy at least some current videogames...

Re ToEE, remember to use the newest Co8 modpack (5.0.5 at present):

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3300

It basically fixes the game. If I recall correctly, it also makes it more difficult, and does so in a natural way (not the sort of shit where you find that "monsters do 50% more damage" and nothing else has changed).

I'd say the game, or let's say ToEE+Co8 v.5, since that's all I've played, is challenging enough much of the time if you use the point-buy system (for stats), focus on the temple (after you get there), and use a party of six or more characters of your own creation (at least one of the npcs I tried is ridiculously powerful).

You should probably read this as well (mainly a couple of short tips to avoid having your saves corrupted):

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6070

Texas Red

Whiner
I've seen the stats for deities and they aren't that impressing. Demigods weren't all that powerful. I took note that lesser gods had only like a few miles under their control of their domains, where they couldn't even affect everything. Pretty lame for gods. I think gods had to use regular attacks and spells(that were though incredibly powerful) and they didnt have anything the sort of "Target dies with no saves or magic resistance"

nomask7

Arcane
Someone wrote about Kelemvor in the Obsidian forums that, according to PnP rules:

1) He is immune to ability damage/drain, acid, cold, death effects, disease, disintegration, electricity, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation, imprisonment, and banishment
2) He can cast Divine blase 13 times per day dealing 26d12 (26-312) damage in 16 mile radius
3) He has the Mass Life and Death feat that kills/resurrects any number of mortals. No save throws allowed and only divine shield blocks it (or if the mortal's soul is held by a god just as or more powerful than him).
4) He rolls 20 in every roll
5) He can summon avatars
6) The list goes on...

Vaarna_Aarne

Solohk said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Uno momento... I run an LP thread of it on another forum, so I got some pics...

NWN2_SS_060708_000054.jpg

NWN2_SS_060708_001404.jpg

NWN2_SS_060708_004622.jpg

NWN2_SS_051808_235646.jpg

NWN2_SS_052108_001710.jpg

It's important to note that none of the dialogue choices actually matter a thing. Or at least haven't thus far.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm not really sure if it's different in FR, but 3E deities have a laundry list of immunities, attacks, and powers.

Here, for starters, are the basic characteristics of any deity:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divine ... cteristics

Also,
Life And Death

Prerequisites
Divine rank 6, Gift of Life or Hand of Death salient divine ability.

Benefit
The deity designates any mortal and snuffs out its life. Or the deity can designate any dead mortal and restore it to life.

Notes
This ability works across planar boundaries and penetrates any barrier except a divine shield. However, the subject must be in a location the deity can sense, either within the deity’s sense range or in a location the deity can perceive through its remote sensing ability. If the deity cannot see the subject, the deity must unambiguously identify the subject in some fashion. If the deity chooses to kill a mortal, the ability works like the destruction spell, except that there is no material component or saving throw. The mortal cannot be raised or resurrected afterward, except by a deity of equal or higher rank using the Gift of Life or Life and Death salient divine ability.

If the deity restores life to a mortal, this ability works like the true resurrection spell, except that there is no material component and the amount of time the subject has been dead is irrelevant.

This ability cannot restore a creature to life against its will, but it can resurrect an elemental or outsider. It can resurrect a creature whose soul is trapped, provided the soul is not held by a deity of higher rank than the one using this ability.

This ability cannot restore life to a creature that has been slain by the Hand of Death, Life and Death, or Mass Life and Death ability of a deity with a higher rank.

Rest
After using either version of this ability, the deity must rest for 1 minute per level or Hit Die of the creature affected.

Deities whose portfolio includes death do not have to rest after using this ability.

Suggested Portfolio Elements
Death, supreme.

Solohk

Scholar
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Solohk said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Uno momento... I run an LP thread of it on another forum, so I got some pics...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78 ... 000054.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78 ... 001404.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78 ... 004622.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78 ... 235646.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78 ... 001710.jpg

It's important to note that none of the dialogue choices actually matter a thing. Or at least haven't thus far.

Until now I didn't think it was possible to cringe for 30 seconds consecutively.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom