Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Objectively and Literally Top 10 PC Games of 2013

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
This is based on when I was playing them, not when they came out, because who cares.

1. Dota 2
2. Papers, Please
3. Dishonored
4. Space Marine
5. FTL
6. Batman Arkham City
7. Mark of the Ninja
8. Trine 2
9. Anno 2070
10. Bioshock Infinite, despite its flaws

I can't remember if I played Witcher 2 this year or last. I think last, otherwise it would shove off Bioshock and be number 6 and shift everything down.
Sticky this thread please, so everyone has a common reference point for the best games of 2013 from a reliable source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDA708XlFIo

Hormalakh

Magister
My list.

1- arcanum
2- dota 2
3- deus ex
4- might and magic worlds of xeen
5- thief 1

The rest were non mentionable. You did say not based on when they came out.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Worlds of Xeen, jesus.
I remember back when I was in elementary school my mom had those huge books that came with the game describing all the monsters and having walkthroughs and maps and so on. They were like novels, they were thick books. Nobody makes shit like that nowadays since there are wikis. Actually now that I think about it, I'm wrong. People still do make shit like that nowadays, and they are the wikis.
I remember when I was really REALLY little, I would sit on the back of a big chair my mom would drag to the computer to play Xeen.

racofer

Thread Incliner
1- The Stanley Parable
2- Path of Exile
3- Deus Ex - HR
4- Skyrim (Requiem)
5- FTL
6- Dirt3

Haven't had the time to play much this year, but whenever I managed these were the games I spent most of my time with.

Silva

Arcane
If its counting games played too:

1. Stalker Misery 1.2
2. Dishonored Knife of Dunwall
3. Dishonored Brigmore Witches
4. Papers Please
5. Monaco
6. Splinter Cell Blacklist
7. Faster than Light
8. Shadowrun Returns
9. FIFA 14
10. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 11th playthrough

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Why are all of you posting lists? I already told you what the best games of 2013 are, so your lists are wrong, there's no point or value to posting them
6. Splinter Cell Blacklist
I got this game with my new video card a while back. I haven't actually played it past the first mission. Is it really that good? Maybe I should go back to it. I have really fond memories of the original and Chaos Theory, and that the next two games sucked massive ass

bonescraper

My list.

1- arcanum
2- dota 2
3- deus ex
4- might and magic worlds of xeen
5- thief 1

The rest were non mentionable. You did say not based on when they came out.
It's implied that you haven't played them before, and they're somewhat fresh. And if you haven't, you're a giant fag.

My list, based on what i enjoyed most, not on Objective Quality Standards™.

1. Crusader Kings 2 (bought it earlier, but i started playing it for realz this year)
2. Dishonored
3. Starbound
4. Europa Universalis IV
5. Rayman Legends
6. Anno 2070
7. XCOM: Enemy Within
8. State of Decay

Can't think of anything more.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I didn't even try 10 new games this year, but here's what I can recommend out of what I did play, in no particular order:

The Stanley Parable (mod or standalone, not both)
Long Live the Queen
Prison Architect (I'd wait for release to buy it, though)
Bioshock Infinite (play until the first dimension hop and quit, it only goes downhill from there)
Game Dev Tycoon

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Thread lacks poll.
Poll lacks option.
OP is a faggot.
Why would there be a poll when you are being told what the best games are? Are you stupid?

It's implied that you haven't played them before, and they're somewhat fresh. And if you haven't, you're a giant fag.

My list, based on what i enjoyed most, not on Objective Quality Standards™.

1. Crusader Kings 2 (bought it earlier, but i started playing it for realz this year)
2. Dishonored
3. Starbound
4. Europa Universalis IV
5. Rayman Legends
6. Anno 2070
7. XCOM: Enemy Within
8. State of Decay

Can't think of anything more.

I like your list. I have heard a ton of great things about Crusade Kings 2, I should get that. Is State of Decay actually a good game? I got a really negative opinion of it reading reviews and watching youtube videos

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Lemme think...

1. Thief Gold (playing already, will finish soon)
2. Thief 2 (need to go back someday)
3. Red Faction Armageddon (suprisingly solid TPP game + end of the serie with THQ k.o.).
4. UFO trilogy from 1C/Altair (worse than original UFO and better that shitty XCOM from Firaxis)
5. Alpha Protocol (cool looting)
6. Chivalry (the only realy enjoyable MP game)
7. Serious Sam 3 (still kicking)
8. F:NV (finally finished after long modding boredome)

And lot of modding (STALKER Cop+SoC, ToEE+Co8, F:NV)

Should Could write Dark Souls but after few hours I'm looking will and time to back.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I'll be honest, Red Faction Armageddon, which I got on a Gog sale I think, I found to be very generic and boring. It had one cool gun, which was neat, but beyond that there was nothing there.
(the only realy enjoyable MP game)
Sir I listed Dota 2 as my favorite game of the year.
Yeah just kidding, all it does it make me furious. But I've been playing it for half a decade, can't stop now, right?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dota 2 is a trash moba, League of Legends is better.

bonescraper

I like your list. I have heard a ton of great things about Crusade Kings 2, I should get that. Is State of Decay actually a good game? I got a really negative opinion of it reading reviews and watching youtube videos
CK II is the best game, ever. Well, at least one of, that's for sure. But it's really fucking hard to get into. You need to do a lot of research before you start getting somwhere in that game.

I liked State of Decay because it works mechanically. That's mostly because it's not trying to be overambitious. The main mechanics are pretty simple (looting, character progression, safe zone creation etc.), yet make sense, are well executed and satisfying. It's not as hard as many consoletards claim though. And if you're not into survival games that force you to constantly look for supplies, it's not a game for you. It's really not about killing shit, ammo is scarce, melee weapons break, and zombies never end. And btw, the persistent world mechanic is mostly a gimmick. I never lost anyone because of it. Some people may go missing, but they can be found again.

Gregz

Arcane
Sticky this thread please, so everyone has a common reference point for the best games of 2013 from a reliable source.

1N3UC6i.gif

Last edited:

FuelBlooded

Scholar
I had tons of fun with my friends playing Rayman legends on coop. Especially the music levels are awesome. The final stages are 8-bit remixes of those musical levels and we couldn't beat those hah.

As for my list of games I had the most fun during 2013 were. order is not strict

1. Expeditions: Conquistador - RPGOTY, because there is nothing better (SR:R?! HA)
2. Dishonored + DLCs - awesome level design and art direction
4. Metro 2033 - i was expecting a shooter, got a decent stealth/shooter with good level design
3. FTL - what can I say? can't wait for the update!
4. Spelunky (still addicted)
5. Rising Storm (hardcore version of BF4)
6. Psychonauts - humour is rather good for a video game, cartoony graphics won't make the graphics outdated
7. DMC: reboot - my first game of this style, rather fun with a controller
8. Portal 2 (slowpoke)
9. Mark of the Ninja (replayed it even, still awesome)
10. Vampire Bloodlines - recently completed, rather disappointed of lack of longterm C&C

Misc: I completed DA2, when I noticed my dialog choices didn't matter most of the time, I just picked the humorous one :D
Call of Juarez and CoJ: Bound In Blood - 1st one had a more gripping story, BoB had aim assist /facepalm
I started some Thief 3 but haven't completed it
Serious sam HD 1st encounted on coop with my cousin - the first levels had GREAT design, then later on the game got SO repetitive, I gave up playing the 2nd encounter.
XCOM: EU - my first xcom game, completed it on easy after watching a few reliable reviews. it was quite fun but I expected more length from a strategy game. Then I found out it was ported to the consoles. I couldn't be more disappointed. Planning on trying it with the expansion sooner or later.

Last edited:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Your list is good too, there was nothing that made my shit my pants in nerd rage
and trust me
I shit my pants on like a super hair trigger
they are shooting off new years fireworks
I will probably shit my pants
edit- OH FUCK THAT BANG WAS LOUD

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Your list is good too, there was nothing that made my shit my pants in nerd rage
and trust me
I shit my pants on like a super hair trigger
they are shooting off new years fireworks
I will probably shit my pants
edit- OH FUCK THAT BANG WAS LOUD
That's quite nice of you to say that, I was expecting atleast some rage for DmC or the piss easy Dishonored.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom