Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Objects in Space

Discussion in 'Space Games' started by TZ3K, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TZ3K Arcane Patron

TZ3K

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Was in beta, got it in erly access. Really cool, but still buggy as hell. Lots of crashes, ships beyond the first one you can buy are so buggy they are pretty much non-viable. Every ship is fun and quite unique, so the game is perfectly playable now. In other words, recommended, but wait for it to stabilise a bit.

The game also has need for some docs, especially comparison of components / modules so you can make informed decisions on what to upgrade. For this I made some python code to extract all relevant data from game and put it into nice excel table. let me know if you're interested, either code or xls.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. ScrotumBroth Cipher Patron

ScrotumBroth
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Every time I see this thread I'm reminded Firefly season 2 will never exist...

• Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. SeenMike Literate

SeenMike
    Why do I have to be reminded of this? :(

^ Top  
  5. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    This is the game Star Citizen would like to be.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    Seems interesting. Is it any good?

^ Top  
  7. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    duno. i installed and on the first ingame screen i zoomed out and there was no way to zoom in later.. mouse was working, tool tips as well but couldn't continue..i couldnt even exit the game. killed it in task manager and uninstalled it

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    ^ Top  
  8. potatojohn Arcane

potatojohn
    That's not a promising report.

Anyone else tried it?

^ Top  
  9. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    As I said, I've tried it. It got way more stable since EA launch, there are updates every few days. It's lots of fun submarine-trader-in-space kind of thing. The graphics might be a turn-off for some. NPCs are also quite wordy, so if you want to just fly around and trade they might be bit annoying.

^ Top  
  10. cpmartins Cipher

cpmartins
    It's silent hunter in space, but you can trade shit and meet uninteresting persons in bases. Quite good.
    You are alone in the ship though, so when shit gets real it gets real quick and painful.
    It's quite involved. Each system is configurable and repairable through a separate interface.
    EDIT: If you want a more detailed description on how to play a smuggler so you get a better feeling on how the game plays (that's how I'm playing at the moment), give this steam guide a read. It's completely spoiler-free, aside from the few equipment recommendations:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1417282170

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    ^ Top  
  11. JackOfOwls Erudite

JackOfOwls
    Reminds me a LOT of Red Storm Rising (one of my most fondly remembered games for the C64 way back when) in space.

^ Top  
  12. Norfleet Moderator

Norfleet
    If you are floating, though, you're a stationary object that happens to be exactly where you are expected to be when you were last seen. I'm not even going to go into the thermodynamics of how dropping off the scope in the first place wouldn't work. I'm just saying, if you don't do anything to change your trajectory, you're stationary and going to be exactly where they expect you to be. You'd have to pull off this change without going above the game's detection threshold.

^ Top  
  13. Trash Pointing and laughing.

Trash
    Been following the game off and on for a long time. Always liked the premisis. Now that it is actually released? Meh. It could use some more explaining concerning equipment, a more involved universe and some more ways of dealing with circumstances in space. Not to mention, a lot of bug fixing and extra content. Atmosphere wise though, they nailed it. Hope the devs keep at it. The game seems to be just shy of really becoming something.

If you like that one, go check out Cold Waters. It's a spiritual successor to ye olde RSR. And rocks.

^ Top  
  14. Tao Savant

Tao
    I bought it today, it's pretty addictive but i think is one of those game that you burnt it and it burnt you in a week.

You guys should give it a try. Pretty good overall

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.