Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblibion: The Comic

Necropennis

Scholar
Keep it up n00b

Modo

Novice
!HyPeRbOy! said:
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SEX & VIOLENCE IN THIS STORY GAWDAMNIT!

Because it`s not a commercial cheap s tory, it`s underground and a masterpiece of the genre only loremasters and visionnaires can understand!!!!!!!!!

Fresh

Erudite
Modo said:
!HyPeRbOy! said:

Because it`s not a commercial cheap s tory, it`s underground and a masterpiece of the genre only loremasters and visionnaires can understand!!!!!!!!!

Bah, go read your bible aloud to your collection of stuffed animals.

Modo

Novice
!HyPeRbOy! said:
Modo said:
!HyPeRbOy! said:

Bah, go read your bible aloud to your collection of stuffed animals.

I`ve NEVER claimed that i`m one of those, please, i didn`t insult you :(
How can you say smth like that?! How can you kind sir?

Sarvis

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
Are those sprites from...Metal Slug?

Well, Ted is clearly from Ghouls 'n Ghosts, as is the big king guy who's popped up once or twice. Murray definately looks like a Metal Slug sprite though.

Pretty sure the little green things used for area transitions are from Blaster Master.

Can't place the area's though. They seem like the kind of setting that might show up in a castlevania game, but not quite the right art style. Hrm...

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying figuring out where the sprites came from more than the comic itself?

Chefe

Erudite
Sarvis said:
Well, Ted is clearly from Ghouls 'n Ghosts, as is the big king guy who's popped up once or twice. Murray definately looks like a Metal Slug sprite though.

Yep. Ted is actually from Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts specifically, as well as all the enemies. Murray is the prisoners from Metal Slug.

I just pulled the guards from somewhere, I think Final Fantasy. The Emperor's sprite is definitley from Final Fantasy though.

Pretty sure the little green things used for area transitions are from Blaster Master.

?

Can't place the area's though. They seem like the kind of setting that might show up in a castlevania game, but not quite the right art style. Hrm...

Bingo. Castlevania, all of them. The first Castlevania to be exact.

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying figuring out where the sprites came from more than the comic itself?

I was wondering when someone would bring up where I got the images from.

Twinfalls

Erudite
jeez you guys sure know your 8-bit.

Hurry up with the next episode. When's he going to get outside? Forests, soil, deserted villages with fucking huge unclimbable walls - so much glorious 2D bitmappery to come....

Sarvis

Erudite
Chefe said:
Yep. Ted is actually from Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts specifically, as well as all the enemies. Murray is the prisoners from Metal Slug.

Right, Super. Knew I was mangling the name somehow...

I just pulled the guards from somewhere, I think Final Fantasy. The Emperor's sprite is definitley from Final Fantasy though.

Pretty sure the guards aren't FF, they look more Dragon Warrior-ish... Not sure which one though.

You're right about the emporer, I was wrong about who I was talking about. I meant the big monster thing that the guard won't let you fight.

?

Second comic, last panel.

Bingo. Castlevania, all of them. The first Castlevania to be exact.

Interesting, must be areas I couldn't get to... don't think I ever made it past like the third stage in that game!

I was wondering when someone would bring up where I got the images from.

To be fair Naked_Lunch brought it up in the first reply...

Chefe

Erudite
So, God Mode or Non God Mode?

Sarvis said:
Second comic, last panel.

Oh right, yea, they're from Blaster Master.

Interesting, must be areas I couldn't get to... don't think I ever made it past like the third stage in that game!

It was a tough one...

Role-Player said:
RPG Maker guard sprites.

Really? I just happened to find them somewhere when I was looking for something else. Is that thing still around?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Yup. It went from several 200x versions, but RPG Maker XP is the current version. The sprites in the new version are different now; while you're still left with giant heads and big eyes, the quality is superior. I think there's a couple of improvements on it, but I don't know which.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Nongode mode was funnier.

As for RPG Maker XP one of the biggest additions was their scripting language called Ruby. It makes doing things like custom battle systems easier instead of going with the hackneyed approach you would see in RM2K.

Imbecile

Arbiter
Non God was more amusing.

Maybe Ted could stumble across a plot NPC while in God mode - they would both be INVINERABLE!11!!

Chefe

Erudite
I can go all out with this. It's actually pretty fun to do. Would anyone be interested in me continuing the saga with quality time put in?

Revasser

Scholar
Chefe said:
I can go all out with this. It's actually pretty fun to do. Would anyone be interested in me continuing the saga with quality time put in?

Fuck yeah. I want to see mounted combat, levitation, soil erosion and giant rats, bitch.

Necropennis

Scholar
I wanna see Ted becoming the head of the fighters guild and putting fear on the orcs eyes :/

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Why not head of the Fighter's Guild, Mage's guild, Thief's Guild, House Hlaalu, the Legion and Nine Divines, the Morag Tong, the Dark Brotherhood and much, much more?

The Internets

Scholar
More...my gut needs more splitting...

Not to mention gratuitous sex scenes played out in 16 colors on a 100 pixel grid--oh the possibilities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom