Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblibion: The Comic

Stella Brando

Arcane
Thanks, sweetie. I'll do anything to repay you - anything.

Stella Brando

Arcane
Here's a real one. In my defence, people do tell me I look like a girl.

mgilesphoto9sh.jpg

Chefe

Erudite
There will be none of this tomfoolery in the comic thread.

Anyways, I deleted the pic. I sure as hell didn't want to look at that thing every time I browsed this page. It was too horrible, even for my eyes.

Chefe

Erudite
Section8 said:
They loves ya! They can'ts get enough of ya! Embrace your destiny as the ESF Alpha, Chefe!

AND THE LORD GOD SAW WHAT HE HATH CREATED AND WAS ANGERED. THE GOOD LORD THAN SPAKE "BRING FORTH FROM THE HEAVENS A LEADER TO THINE RETARDED ELDER SCROLLS COMMUNITY. MAY HE ENLIGHTEN ALL THEIR STUPID SOULS." AND IT WAS DONE.

- The Book of Chefe, 4:3

Tintin

Arbiter
Chefe said:
AND THE LORD GOD SAW WHAT HE HATH CREATED AND WAS ANGERED. THE GOOD LORD THAN SPAKE "BRING FORTH FROM THE HEAVENS A LEADER TO THINE RETARDED ELDER SCROLLS COMMUNITY.

Spake?

Chefe

Erudite
Tintin said:
Chefe said:
AND THE LORD GOD SAW WHAT HE HATH CREATED AND WAS ANGERED. THE GOOD LORD THAN SPAKE "BRING FORTH FROM THE HEAVENS A LEADER TO THINE RETARDED ELDER SCROLLS COMMUNITY.

Spake?

Read the bible sometime... heathen.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Hmmm... sorry Chefe, it just wasn't as funny the second time around. You re-used two jokes that were pretty darn funny originally: the "I'm not radiant enough for..." and the highly illogical wiki-dialogue, including the latest rumors. Didn't Morrowind also have "a little secret" you could have used? Might I suggest a thread where you discuss the posibility of completely ignoring the main quest and doing your own thing? Or howabout Murray being completely puzzled by something added by a user made mod? Or why don't you go after Achievements, they are ripe for the picking. Or, go ahead and go make a section about lighting dogs on fire. Just imagine an entire town filled with burned corpses of dead dogs...

That should give you enough material... I think.

The Internets

Scholar
I don't know. I think it's right time you become a victim of your own success. You know, as in announce the arrival of the next installment, then have VD announce Chefe Codex has asked publisher Spazmo Inc. to push the release date back to 'some time in 2nd quarter of next week'.

Then completely ignore us for a week or so, but still post in other areas. Finally, come out and tell us your taking the time so you can "Make it really great", and "it will be out soon"

Then start posting like crazy on TES forums.

Soon enough, you'll notice an influx of fanboys on here starting bullshit threads about "What will Chefe name his next Charect3r", and "Whut willz teh graphiz 4 teh floor be liek? And possibly, just possibly, "Will you laminate your fucking monitor when it comes out"
That last one is NOT a joke. Someone please make that thread NOW.

Twinfalls

Erudite
It's still pretty good to me - I fuckin' laughed immediately when I saw him carrying the bags of loot. Next episode plz

OverrideB1

Scholar
Ted's dialogue cracks me up. And I really don't mind the same joke being recycled a few times. BTW -- isn't Ted still in uber-smack-down-god mode? If so, those ninja-assassin-asshole-dudes are in for a very big surprise -- no matter how radient they are :lol:

Sarvis

Erudite
Chefe said:
... and yet, somehow, life goes on.

comic2final.png

Little do they know that, one day, Ted will become their guild leader! Ha!

Ninja sprites are from Shadow of the Ninja!

One of the better ninja games back in those days...

yipsl

Scholar
Sovy Kurosei said:
Make a sprite comic about the The Elder Scrolls forum and you might be getting closer.

A sprite comic about the Elder Scrolls forum would be a mix of the Keebler Elves and the Manson cult. There are too many 'happy cookie eaters' who digest everything sugary the devs throw their way and far too many murderous non RPG gamers who just want to have their own little psychopathic sandbox.

A sprite comic about the Codex would be a mix of The Flat Earth Society and Animal House. All sorts of disreputable and disgusting language, habits and expression brought forth to prove that the Holy Writ of RPG gaming is Stat Based, must never appear as more than 16 bits lest the great Graphycs Whore of Babylsoft lead the faithful to damnable Actions in gaming.

In all seriousness, it's the marketing department that deserves lampooning over there. Maybe some of the preview sites can be thrown in for good measure.

Sabregirl

Scholar
I vote for some more classic morrowind default topics like "little secret", "background" and the oh so informative "my trade". There must be soil erosion in there somewhere . . . I would go a little lighter on the radiant bit. Don't forget about the realistic physics - you could have Ted start dropping things for entertainment purposes alone. Staff rocket launchers (the blunted ax is great), the lockpicking and persuasion minigames (tetris anyone?) etc. etc.

Anyway for the most part these have been quite funny. :lol:

Keep it up!

Hilarious how so many of the TES forumers can't laugh at their "perfect" game.

edit- don't forget that there is no joinable 9divines faction

-S

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom