Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion Cut Content

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
Hi-

Wondering if there was any content cut from oblivion that didn't make it into the original game, and if there are any mods to restore it. Usually find alot of those kind of mods here, thought someone might have inside scoop or be big on elder scrolls.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
There's hundreds of hours of content in oblivion. What made you think it was an unfinished game?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
sgc_meltdown said:
What made you think it was an unfinished game?

Well they did forget Enchant, Short Blade, Axe, Spear, Medium Armor and Unarmored. And levitation.

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
well, it is still quite buggy in some places.

So it seemed like there might be something on the cutting floor left. I am doing research before I start my second playthrough (didn't finish first.) I'd like it to be complete like it was intended to be.

Angthoron

Arcane
Well, it is widely known that the AI was too advanced to be handled by any of the machines of that generation, so it was hastily replaced by what you can see in game now.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Turisas said:
sgc_meltdown said:
What made you think it was an unfinished game?

Well they did forget Enchant, Short Blade, Axe, Spear, Medium Armor and Unarmored. And levitation.

Well all these skills are still there in the gameplay, just because you can't see them on the character screen doesn't mean they're gone. As for spears, that's what the toolset is for, nobody is stopping you from adding them in. Maybe they're not there for lore reasons? Bethesda is pretty strict about lore.

And finally, levitation would spoil the balance of the combat. I'll cut you some slack here because Bethesda are professionals and you're not.

DraQ said:
You *are* being sarcastic, right?

:smug:

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
hmmm....is there any way to replace it back? (@angthoron about AI)

(also, thanks for chiming in aquifer I agree, this game has gotten alot of bad press i had quite a bit of fun first time around...looking forward to trying out SI shivering isles which is supposed to be quite good )

Angthoron

Arcane
Adipose Rex said:

Sorry, I wasn't actually serious. The AI in the promos was a bunch of premade scripted scenes and once it was discovered that the AI in reality is nothing like that, the "AI was too good" bullshit was spread around the internets.

LittleJoe

Arbiter
There was a lot of content cut from Oblivion.

You'll find most of it in Morrowind.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Adipose Rex said:

Bethesda has an updated version of radiant AI in Fallout 3. You can really see the difference there.

also, thanks for chiming in aquifer I agree

Do any of you guys see this aquifer that chimed in

did his post content even make it into this thread

wat happen

DraQ

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
And finally, levitation would spoil the balance of the combat. I'll cut you some slack here because Bethesda are professionals and you're not.
I wish they made the actual worldspace 1D. It would be like invisible, maybe even twisting corridor. It would still have pretty landscapas outside of it, coz the landscapes were really pretty in oblibian, but moving sideways is just confusing and can easily make u get lost and then you need to stop and look at map or try to locate the pizza slice. Very confusing, very annoying. :? Plus it's very unbalancing as u can sidestep enemy arrows and spells and RPGs shouldn't be about player sidestepping stuff his character would be hit by, it's all about character. They made some fine progress with dungeons which were almost corridor like and looped back at the end, so that the exploration was easier and more fun and u didn't have to backtrack, but the overland was still very disappointing. I hope they'll fix that in Skyrim.
:D :D :D

Oh my, I actually made a pretty decent troll, can someone post it on TESF?

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
sgc_meltdown does not seem very bright.

Anyways, not so interested in old skills, etc. from morrowind. interested in things developers wanted in oblivion, but didn't get to finish.

dr. one

Augur
the only cut content i know of is Slof´s boners (available for free on the internet)

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
Ruprekt said:
Another city called "Sutch" and a few quests were cut, e.g. the "red queen", for which the hooks remain.

thanks!

Any idea if there were plans for any DLCs that were cut?

dr one; Thanks for suggestion, will look into it, but is slof originally planned by developers?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Daggerfall had adult nudity so why wouldn't Oblivion have that too?

God dammit Ruprekt stop trying to steer Adipose Rex away from actual content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom