Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion Cut Content

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I was gonna say Radiant AI, but then I sat down and thought real hard, and came to the conclusion that it was always bullshit and lies.

Adipose Rex

Barely Literate
sgc_meltdown said:
Daggerfall had adult nudity so why wouldn't Oblivion have that too?

God dammit Ruprekt stop trying to steer Adipose Rex away from actual content.

At least you are trying to be helpful now, sgc, earlier you seamed very trolly. But ruprekt has been nice and even funny and there is no use trying to make up the distance now.

Anyways, I won't be checking this thread much any more I will be looking through some of the oblivion mods and lists, so wish me luck (there are quite a lot) and hope to see you all around.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Adipose Rex said:
At least you are trying to be helpful now, sgc, earlier you seamed very trolly. But ruprekt has been nice and even funny and there is no use trying to make up the distance now..

Yeah ruprekt's nice like that. Message him if you have any more questions about Oblivion.

DraQ said:
I'd say that level scaling was pretty "Red Queen".

Bro did you just referring the cyclic evolutionary arms race in order to make a level scaling joke

dude

Dude.

:salute:

DraQ

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
DraQ said:
I'd say that level scaling was pretty "Red Queen".

Bro did you just referring the cyclic evolutionary arms race in order to make a level scaling joke

dude

Dude.

:salute:
No, I just referred to the cyclic evolutionary arms race, which in turn is named in reference to 'Through the Looking Glass', in order to make level scaling joke.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

Louis Carroll was a pedo so you're a pedo.

ps: pedants are not funny so I guess you just got lucky there.

sgc_meltdown said:
And finally, levitation would spoil the balance of the combat. I'll cut you some slack here because Bethesda are professionals and you're not.

Nonsense. Machinegunning your enemies from above with your Exquisite Belt of Fireball while they helplessly try to figure out how to jump is half the Morrowind experience.

The other half is picking your nose while you do it

About Oblivion - I remember that a few shops don't sell their unique items. See more here.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Unfinished_Quests

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
sgc_meltdown said:
And finally, levitation would spoil the balance of the combat. I'll cut you some slack here because Bethesda are professionals and you're not.

Nonsense. Machinegunning your enemies from above with your Exquisite Belt of Fireball while they helplessly try to figure out how to jump is half the Morrowind experience.
Give more enemies ranged weapons, make arrows harder to dodge, make inertia somewhat more pronounced while levitating, introduce casting delay for enchanted items too, if enchanted items recharge Morrowind style make them do so only when equipped and lose all charge otherwise, make AI know when to flee end able to hide in places you can't reasonably attack from above*, make levitation hard and costly. Fix'd.

*) The only part requiring actual work.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Giving opponents a disspell that would turn off your levitate would be nice too.
Maybe making it so you couldn't physically dodge it.

I like how levitation was handled relation to the game world in Risen.

DraQ

Arcane
Wild Slop said:
Giving opponents a disspell that would turn off your levitate would be nice too.
Maybe making it so you couldn't physically dodge it.
Still, this would require opponents to be well versed in magic and undodgeable dispel would be pretty OP.

Having a bow or crossbow if you're running around countryside and need to fend for yourself (hunting) should be a much more common option.

In any case, any opponents that matter should have some anti-air capability, friends with such ability or a place to hide. Levitation, OTOH should be among the most difficult and demanding Alteration/Thaumaturgy spells in existence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom