Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oblivion

sirfink

Scholar
Exmit said:
Anyone rapelaying Oblivion before Skyrim? :M

I can't wait for the Oblivion fanboys getting mad at Bethesda for dumbing down their deep, strategic RPG.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
they're both bad for what they are

I personally find oblivion far more insidious and da2 more of a drunk boisterous dumbfuck with a backwards cap on

put in another way I think codex hates oblivion more and finds da2 pathetically amusing

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
octavius said:
Why do Codexers think Daggerfall is better than Oblivion?

Because the codex is full of hypocritical faggots. Or MMO fans. :smug:

Varn

Educated
octavius said:
Dudblivion has: piss-easy combat; every fight is the same; every enemy attacks a similar way; dud magic system where every spell is similar; tiny number of items with little to no impact on combat; copy-pasted tiny dungeons, not one of which appears to be unique or interesting; absolutely atrocious levelling system with no sense of progression; & world's worst level-scaling that makes levelling pointless.

All of which can be fixed by mods.
Nothing can save Daggerfall from being a complete turd.

Seriously, when I wrote that comment I was referring to Oblivion with the mandatory 200+ mods required to play the game. I never played it unmodded. I had everything including FCOM, all the "top" mods including quest and item mods, landscape mods, etc. Levelling was still pathetic and the enemies still lacked any real challenge and the world was as interesting as watching Ellen Degeneres on a Tuesday afternoon.

The game was a stealing pile of gibbon turd.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Varn said:
octavius said:
Dudblivion has: piss-easy combat; every fight is the same; every enemy attacks a similar way; dud magic system where every spell is similar; tiny number of items with little to no impact on combat; copy-pasted tiny dungeons, not one of which appears to be unique or interesting; absolutely atrocious levelling system with no sense of progression; & world's worst level-scaling that makes levelling pointless.

All of which can be fixed by mods.
Nothing can save Daggerfall from being a complete turd.

Seriously, when I wrote that comment I was referring to Oblivion with the mandatory 200+ mods required to play the game. I never played it unmodded. I had everything including FCOM, all the "top" mods including quest and item mods, landscape mods, etc. Levelling was still pathetic and the enemies still lacked any real challenge and the world was as interesting as watching Ellen Degeneres on a Tuesday afternoon.

The game was a stealing pile of gibbon turd.

You can't have been using the right mods then, 'cause my experience of modded Oblivion was far from this.

roll-a-die

Magister
DragoFireheart said:
Xor said:

Because everything is better than Oblivion.
Next question.

Is Dragon Age 2 better than Oblivion?

:smug:
Yes, it at least "attempted" tactical action based gameplay. Even if they failed. They still had enemies with ai beyond doom level, Run at player, attack when in range.

DraQ

Arcane
octavius said:
Because most Codexers are not mentally retarded, or, failing that, not profoundly so.

Something that combines all the flaws of Morrowind and Daggerfall with some brand new ones, while including none of their bright sides (and pretty much none of its own) has to be worse than either of them, eh?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
DraQ said:
octavius said:
Because most Codexers are not mentally retarded, or, failing that, not profoundly so.

I dunno, this kind of argumentation sounds pretty retarded to me.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DraQ said:
Something that combines all the flaws of Morrowind and Daggerfall

Why do you lie?

Daggerfall flaw: Most races are the same.
Oblivion: All races have distinct abilities (though not particularly well balanced).

Daggerfall flaw: Shitty map.
Oblivion: Map is perfectly functional.

Daggerfall flaw: Dungeons are virtually indistinguishable from each other.
Oblivion: Lacking in variety too, but not nearly as badly as Daggerfall.

Daggerfall: Very sluggish, clumsy combat.
Oblivion: Much smoother combat (though still in dire need of improvement)

Daggerfall also has shittier equipment and spellcasting variety. The world is slightly better developed (if you ignore the repetitive visuals) but what matters most, gameplay, is vastly inferior in most areas.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hey looks guys it's trying to use its mind!

Not very masterfully, it seems :smug:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Mastermind said:
Butthurt detected.
What's wrong Mastermind? Disappointed that your trolling skills have taken a dive? You should've heeded advice from the Daggerfall: keep it up or your faction reputation declines.

No wonder you hate the game so much :smug:

DraQ said:
Recommendation:

Subject (Mastermind) should put more points into Weapon Mastery: Mind.
To put it into Might and Magic 6 terms, he needs a LOT more skill points before he can Master Mind :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom