Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Obscure indies that deserve more attention - Updated Jan. 2020

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Combat turns me off and yeah... I don’t care for Minecraft like game design.

Skdursh

Savant

Combat turns me off and yeah... I don’t care for Minecraft like game design.

Fair enough. I'd still say you're missing out though. The game has a surprising amount of depth and honestly the trailer really isn't very representative of the actual game. I'd recommend watching someone play some of it on YouTube or something before giving it a hard pass.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is a Codex thread on it. Some people liked it, some people were meh on it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I’m assuming there’s extended content in this release. Maybe I’ll try it... not sure I’ll buy it.

Deleted Member 16721

Not sure if I mentioned it but After the End: The Harvest deserves a solid look. SNES style graphics but looks nice and has some interesting CRPG elements. Lots of oddball things like free roaming in space, some C&C, planet exploration, etc.. Almost has an Ur-Quan Masters feel to it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Not sure if I mentioned it but After the End: The Harvest deserves a solid look. SNES style graphics but looks nice and has some interesting CRPG elements. Lots of oddball things like free roaming in space, some C&C, planet exploration, etc.. Almost has an Ur-Quan Masters feel to it.
Ho ho ho! I hadn’t actually heard of this. Looks interesting enough.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Crystal Dragon for Amiga, blobber from '94. I don't think it's very well known, even with the amiga-users. I remember playing it in the mid-late 90s, it was decent, but nothing groundbreaking.

Deleted Member 16721

Sega Genesis - Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Look it up, it's really good. And Realmz if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Ah WOTES; perhaps my favorite Genesis RPG cartridge. Splatterhouse 3 was my favorite cartridge best em up. Dorky Fatal Labyrinth was my only roguelike I had on that system.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Sega Genesis - Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Look it up, it's really good.
Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun was the only computer/console RPG based on regular D&D rather than AD&D and also the only computer/console RPG to use D&D's Known World campaign setting, albeit the Hollow World expansion rather than the more usual parts of the setting.

hollowworld.jpg

hollowworldcont.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Black Cats Story, it's someone of the funniest games I played, and it's free and made in rpg maker. It has some pretty brutal humor going in it, and just by the drawings you can tell how silly it's gonna be. Just play the first 10 minutes, trust me. It had a kickstarter and it sadly failed, which is a shame because from all the rpg maker games I've seen this one was much better and funnier.

How do you go full screen on v1.03? I’m not seeing anything in the menu.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Aha! F1 comes up with an option screen
Launch full screen
Etc etc.

Odd I didn’t see it in the instructions.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, fullscreen is much more enjoyable. At least I made it near the end even if Ruffus wrecked my party. No death cutscene just an error ending. Guess I have to grind and get better gear, more pots, and lvl up pathetic blue fish. Good game. First time I’ve been entertained since Barkley.

Edit—-
Finished it now that I do t have snow to shovel and this head cold has sitting more or less. Strong start and decent ending though I expected some better end sequenceslike the mayor getting a bullet through the brain; I mean BC and YD are psycho brutal.

Never found the hidden owlhoot village the golden Whoot mentioned. Ah well.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
This is a full open world CRPG that just released today, yet doesn't even have a thread.

- Turnbased D20 combat
- Joinable factions
- Recruitable companions
- 7 different endings
- Attributes, skills, and perks.
- Every NPC can be killed
- Hardcore difficulty settings
- Roguelite post-game

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Someone please make a thread for Slave RPG. I've played a few hours and it's Underrail levels of incline.

tindrli

Arcane
This is a full open world CRPG that just released today, yet doesn't even have a thread.

- Turnbased D20 combat
- Joinable factions
- Recruitable companions
- 7 different endings
- Attributes, skills, and perks.
- Every NPC can be killed
- Hardcore difficulty settings
- Roguelite post-game

i must say i love the image

ss_502024f86cf603344db641c829324456dfe9c912.1920x1080.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom