Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obscure Museum Mini Game / Browsing Simulator

Monolith

Prophet
Hi,

after being called too old by a hot 18-something I'm struggling with the onset of an early mid-life crisis and suddenly feel the need to relive some old memories and go through a long list of to-dos before I kick the bucket. I'm 34 after all.

I remember a somewhat hidden and obscure museum game that I connect to Shadow of a Comet. I feel as if it was some shareware placed in the Shadow of a Comet folder / disk, or actually part of the game experience, just kinda outsite of the game. Graphics felt similar, controls just as shit. There was not much interaction, just walking through empty museum halls and looking at exhibits. The atmosphere was of the eery, creepy type. I've always felt that there was more to it than met the eye and now I want to know. I must know.

So, does anybody remember anything like that? Or is it in fact some teenage lunacy that crept into me while playing Shadow of a Comet at a way too young age?

Please help me solve this mystery that will otherwise haunt my family for generations.

Zann

Cipher
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It is part of the CD version of Shadow of the Comet (also the version sold on GOG). I must have spent more time in the Lovecraft Museum as a child than in the main game.
Just launch MUSEUM.EXE to relive your childhood !

By the way, I replayed it last year and Shadow of the Comet is still the best Cthulhu game, despite all its flaws.

Monolith

Prophet
Thanks! It's good to know my memory hasn't failed me yet. Have long lost the original CD, so I guess I'll have to grab the gog version.

Since you seem an expert on it, is there actually a game behind the Lovecraft Museum, any hidden secrets?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom