Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Observation - Sci/Fi Thriller from the makers of Stories Untold

Baron Dupek

Arcane
soon on PS4 and Epic Store

Their Chief Financial Officer be like
D2lsNfmWoAA5rBg.png

GreyViper

Prophet
While showing Epic a finger and sailing the seven seas I came across this game. What I thought would be Gravity like story turned into 2001 Space Oddysy. The good, thing I found, was that at start your not sure if you're going to go HAL2000 on the person your helping out. And overall it feels like a throwback to older puzzle adventures, like The Daedalus Encounter. So if you have time to kill either wait for it to go steam or play now.

orcinator

Liturgist
Tried it and it reminded me of Alien Isolation in the worst way possible.
You're not spending most of the game waiting for a monster to fuck off but the game has the same problems with making you press several buttons in sequence for basic actions.
Want to interact with most objects? Hold m1, input a 3 button code after one more second(unfailable) to connect to it then hold m1 again to actually use it.
It even has similar """""puzzle""""" design.
c2Z255e.png

"Observation: Playing As an AI In Next Year's Smartest Game - IGN"

Okay it did have some parts that felt like real puzzles but fuck bothering with the button presses, I'd rather go back to Space Station 13.

thesecret1

Arcane
So I finished this today, and found it extremely mediocre. The visuals and physics and everything are good, but the puzzles are all baby-tier, the story is meh (I guess some people may find it deep or something, but to me it was just boring crap that relied on the player to fill in the plot holes. I did like playing as the AI though), most of the game is spent bumbling about the corridors since they're often underlit (with no useful flashlight provided. What a dick move, devs) and look same-y, going from one point of interest to next where you press a button to get next chunk of story. I read that it's supposed to be a horror game somehow, but I didn't really feel any kind of tension at any point. Also if you're just going to make your QTEs and Simon Says segments both easy as shit and unfailable, why even bother with them? Like come on, what's the point of telling the player "Ok, press M1 and hold... Now type these three numbers... and you're in!" Why not skip the whole numbers part? What is it supposed to achieve other than waste a couple seconds of the player's life every time?

Play this if you like space station autism, I guess, since the space ship was pretty nicely done (if infuriating to navigate), but otherwise, I don't really see why anyone would want to play this.

thesecret1

Arcane
Btw if any of you are curious, this """puzzle""" wants you to click all the blue squares. After clicking, they turn green. After you turn all the blue squares green, the """puzzle""" is finished. If you click wrong, the squares will reshuffle and your goal will be to turn a different color green instead. That's it. I didn't exagerate when I said the puzzles in this game are baby-tier.

Scarlet Lilith

Learned
just finished it and I pretty much agree with thesecret1 the puzzles were barely puzzles... very disappointed especially since I absolutely adored their previous game, Stories Untold.
What did you like about it? I thought it was terrible overall, even though that segment where you operated on a beating heart thingy was kinda cool.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
just finished it and I pretty much agree with thesecret1 the puzzles were barely puzzles... very disappointed especially since I absolutely adored their previous game, Stories Untold.
What did you like about it? I thought it was terrible overall, even though that segment where you operated on a beating heart thingy was kinda cool.

the puzzles were decent and the game had more interesting things going on, also it has text adventure sections and I am a sucker for that

Scarlet Lilith

Learned
the puzzles were decent and the game had more interesting things going on, also it has text adventure sections and I am a sucker for that
That was what I was so disappointed with though, it all being some drink and driving thingamajig IIRC. The text adventure parts also left me unsatisfied, they should have went closer to the Infocom model instead of the very basic implementation thing they got working in unity. I used to be super into text adventure games so maybe I'm just picky, but I thought it was way too shallow and all the fun stuff you'd find in the proper ones wasn't there. It was a neat concept, I'll grant you that, which is why I played it, but it never gelled into anything substantial. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Observation has the same failings but was dumbed down because too many brainlets got stuck on puzzles in Stories Untold.

Perkel

Arcane
Just finished it via gamepass for 1$.
It was pretty amazing movie.

I agree that puzzles were to easy but i liked fucking around with station systems. Imho it would be good if there were simply more things to do and less handholding.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Alright I've been playing this for a little and I have two questions:

Do you ever get "up" and "down" controls for the sphere?

Do you ever get to pan the cameras faster?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom