Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

observatory of Knossos

Derreke

Literate
I haven't had to consult with the experts since may and was doing quite well until I entered this observatory. I read the solution to the orb puzzle was hitting the orbs at, 1,4,7 and 10 looking at it like a clock. I have done that and no boss. I walk around and there is always a dim orb .
how do I re start(do I turn them all off?) or where do I go from here .
derreke

Butter

Arcane
Patron
From what I remember, each set of three is its own puzzle. You can just hit them in a random order until all three are lit, and then move on to the next three.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I haven't had to consult with the experts since may and was doing quite well until I entered this observatory. I read the solution to the orb puzzle was hitting the orbs at, 1,4,7 and 10 looking at it like a clock. I have done that and no boss. I walk around and there is always a dim orb .
how do I re start(do I turn them all off?) or where do I go from here .
derreke

They cycle. Try again walking in a counter clockwise circle and keep watching to see where each switch toggles the states of which orbs. The other advice was correct, done in the right order off the bat you can solve it in a few moves. Otherwise you may have to cycle quite a few times before all of them stay on.

Derreke

Literate
I tried for another hour... right now the only unlit lamp is 12 or 12 midnight if you look at it like a clock.. any ideas.

Derreke

Literate
I finally got it aug 5th . funny thing there was no rhyme or reason . I just kept hitting the damn orbs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom