Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian Prince kites Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Prince; Unleash the Giraffe

Unleash the Giraffe has released Obsidian Prince on Steam's Early Access. Recruit your heroes, delve in to randomly generated dungeon built upon prefab rooms, put down some grass, expand your kingdom, and bury your dead! You can currently get this strategy/tactical CRPG for 20% off, which brings that price down to $11.99 through May 5th. Here's the brightly colored, voxelly trailer and some tid bits:

RECRUIT THE HERO YOU WANT
The heroes available for recruitment comes with different classes each with unique abilities and starting weapons. Choose between the melee focused warrior who charges and stuns or the kiting ranger using their crow as dot damage. (Many more classes are planned and will be implemented before release).

All heroes comes with a backstory which develops as you play and reflects the feats you accomplish with them.

SHAPE THE LIFE OF YOUR HERO
Recruit young hopeful adventurers each with unique potentials and challenges based on their childhood.
Decide their training and watch how it impacts their abilities.
Continue forging their lifestories through adventures.
Every adventure will change your hero and how you play it.​

I really like the voxel graphics in this one. It reminds me of Cube World when it was a thing before the developer crashed and burned it on Steam with it's beta release. That said, I'm not quite sure how much the "card system" plays in the gameplay of this one.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Deck-based roguelikes are becoming increasing popular. It seems so specific but there's tons of them now.

Also, I should hope they plan on putting this on mobile. This looks better suited for that.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maybe after Early Access. Strong trailer, game looks like a turd from screenshots but the trailer makes it look genuinly fun. The lethality seems to be high.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Gotta be careful with mobile crap... sometimes they keep piling ads even with full versions (fucking annoying).

So Cube World is ghosted to the netherworld? Its gone?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Josh_Sawyer_removing_spokes_from_a_bicycle_wheel.jpg

The first thing I think when I read 'Obsidian Prince'.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This trailer could have used less ADHD. Each screen must have had an average display time of .5 seconds.

That's how you sell things to the current gaming audience. We're practically oldfucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom