Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity [BETA RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

Athelas

Arcane
This guy is apparently doing a bunch of voices, including the narrator (!), a supporting character and the protagonist (I'm guessing voice barks?). I haven't watched past the first five minutes, so there might be more stuff mentioned.

Also, Armored Warfare. :M

Athelas

Arcane
It'd be cool if they could get some of the voice actors from the IE games back.

and a character called Odema or something. Which I think is a companion. Might be the Orlan Cipher?
He said 'supporting character', so it could just be a plot-important NPC.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Maybe, but he said main character and supporting character, which is more a film description. But companion makes sense, despite being new he seems pretty high caliber so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a companion voice

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
bryan edge-salois said:
"Old school" RPG like Baldur’s Gate
I don't think that means what he thinks it means

... unless he used the quotes to denote irony.

Renegen

Arcane
Note: The Giantbomb Chat is 4:30 hour long (and is live still currently).

You can find Josh at the table at the 1:33:04 mark
So I go to 1:32:35 and I see the Doritos Pope himself defending his masters in some debate, what have you done I should've listened to you!!

Osvir

Learned
Oh? Well.. unless my computer messed up somehow I'm pretty sure it was at 1:33:04 when it was still live (by the time of that post).

I went back and checked, it starts at around 1:08:00 and goes on for an hour.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I have a Chrome tab sitting open with a Pillars of Eternity search on twitter. Twitter searches update themselves every X minutes or so.

My mistake it's a video interview. Not a written one

https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/477657417421832193/photo/1

BqD646nCYAAfuHw.png

AN4RCHID

Arcane
He plays an annoying character on his show, but at least when he interviews people he usually has some knowledge of the games being discussed and asks real questions instead of just the introductory bullshit that fans would already know.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's very unlikely we'll be "seeing" anything next week. It'll be July or August when the VFX and audio are more-or-less completed.

Osvir

Learned
Roguey what makes you think that? Text-only coverage? (interviews and articles only)

It wasn't a "no photos/filming allowed!"-E3 showing.. was it?

Sensuki

Arcane
He's right. It will just be interviews, screenshots and reviews/articles. However some of the video interviews I wouldn't be surprised if you get a snippet of recording someone playing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom