Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Occidental Heroes - mobile roguelike retro RPG

Cartographer

Barely Literate
baud Pretty much all my play has been in the update. I agree permadeath is better now than it was in the original system, but the main problem for me is that if one character goes down and you're not pretty close to victory, the deaths pile up quick.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
baud Pretty much all my play has been in the update. I agree permadeath is better now than it was in the original system, but the main problem for me is that if one character goes down and you're not pretty close to victory, the deaths pile up quick.

From what I remember it was the same/worse in the original system. At least the new system has a lot more possibilities for character progression

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've started a new adventure and it hasn't changed much in the moment to moment gameplay. But having optional modifiers at the start was a cool idea. I have finished only one ambition (the archer who just want to walk around a little), so I still have to do the awkward shuffling around when I don't want to move forward too much in combat. Also it would be cool to have an option when high level enough to avoid encounters on the road, without needing to have a particular character.

A way to have an idea on a character ambition could be useful though (perhaps available in one tavern across the whole map, once that character has a good enough reputation share).

It was the first time I reached the Western side of the map, but I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't buy better weapons & armors there, except with keening steel delivery to Bessemburg. I've done the quest chain with the witch doctor in the swamps and it was cool to have something slightly longer than the usual quests.

Also I know there’s more content that I haven't seen, but I don't know how to access it.

I'd say it's still a good game and better content-wise than last year (but if you didn't enjoy it then, you're not likely to enjoy it now).

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
I've started a new adventure and it hasn't changed much in the moment to moment gameplay. But having optional modifiers at the start was a cool idea. I have finished only one ambition (the archer who just want to walk around a little), so I still have to do the awkward shuffling around when I don't want to move forward too much in combat. Also it would be cool to have an option when high level enough to avoid encounters on the road, without needing to have a particular character.

A way to have an idea on a character ambition could be useful though (perhaps available in one tavern across the whole map, once that character has a good enough reputation share).

It was the first time I reached the Western side of the map, but I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't buy better weapons & armors there, except with keening steel delivery to Bessemburg. I've done the quest chain with the witch doctor in the swamps and it was cool to have something slightly longer than the usual quests.

Also I know there’s more content that I haven't seen, but I don't know how to access it.

I'd say it's still a good game and better than last year.

I just found another non-random quest (find Hrok's tomb) and finished another ambition, for the army veteran (apparently it just depends on the money for that one).

baud

Arcane
Patron
Have you been able to start a quest from the university in Capriss? My company is quite famous and I still get refused. Also same thing with the raider village.

I also unlocked the armor shop on the Western side of the map, it was cool, especially since I had to chose between a load of money and access to the shop.

Having Hork's ax on the wall in the headman office of Hork's crossing after the quest is finished is a nice touch.

Black Angel

Arcane
This is legitimately fucking good RPG, holy shit I can't believe I found this on mobile of all places.

Any more update? Any more plans to expand on the [[[[[[[SPOILER ALERT]]]]]]]] the nuke artifact?

Lhynn

Arcane
This is legitimately fucking good RPG, holy shit I can't believe I found this on mobile of all places.

Any more update? Any more plans to expand on the [[[[[[[SPOILER ALERT]]]]]]]] the nuke artifact?
Man is busy trying to remake the game into trash.

xuerebx

Erudite
App not available because it was made for an older version of Android? My OnePlus 6t was released in 2018 dammit :lol: What's it work on, Nokia 3310?

Hakuna Matata

Barely Literate
App not available because it was made for an older version of Android? My OnePlus 6t was released in 2018 dammit :lol: What's it work on, Nokia 3310?
Works fine on my Moto 73 5g relased earlier this year

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom