Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance Of Jagged Alliance 2 (and its various mods/expansions/sourceports)

McPlusle

Savant
I played a couple hours of JA2 and it seems like something really, truly excellent. Unfortunately, the vanilla executable is horrifically unstable, with various lighting/screen scrolling glitches and multiple CtD's in just a few hours. Thus, I'd like to find a better way to play the game. I know a lot of people love 1.13 to death, but the added content (and the apparently extreme challenge it brings with it) definitely doesn't seem like "first playthrough" material, unless there is a way to play 1.13 with purely vanilla settings/content (just bug fixes and widescreen support). Stracciatella seems like it could be what I'm looking for. But is it stable?

Also, are the expansions (Unfinished Business and Wildfire) any good?

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
1.13 can be tuned to be more beginner friendly by turning off drassen counter attack in the config, but I don't recall right now where it was hidden

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Stracciatella gives you an almost vanilla experience with hi-res support. I've tested it and it seemed to work fine, but I haven't played through a whole campaign.

I've tried to like 1.13, but I find it a bit too easy to get bogged down in trying to tweak all the settings to my liking, which unfortunately is almost mandatory because it really doesn't have sensible defaults. Unless you've played vanilla or preferably 1.13 before you won't know what to tweak and how, and may just get sick of replaying the first parts of the game before you get going.

The everything-and-the-kitchen-sink approach to features in 1.13 is both really cool and an Achilles heel; you can't just tell people to RTFM, since there isn't one. Instead you'd have to read a vast number of partly outdated forum threads that document the new features.

1.13 can be tuned to be more beginner friendly by turning off drassen counter attack in the config, but I don't recall right now where it was hidden
Yeah, you can do that, and then suddenly at some point you'll be bombarded by artillery and wonder "wtf? this never happened in vanilla" and read up and realize you need a radio operator to jam radio signals, which you don't have, and it's too late to disable this stuff in the options and when that first happened to me, I'm pretty sure there were no mercs with the right skill yet (but I think there are some now).

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
1.13 looks better than Stracciatella, with options for higher resolutions.
1.13 has a Vanilla option, but it was obviously just an afterthought and is quite buggy. I was able to fix most of them (by editing some table files) except the bounty hunter quest (that I know of, at least) and complete the game.

Master

Arbiter
I played a couple hours of JA2 and it seems like something really, truly excellent. Unfortunately, the vanilla executable is horrifically unstable, with various lighting/screen scrolling glitches and multiple CtD's in just a few hours. Thus, I'd like to find a better way to play the game. I know a lot of people love 1.13 to death, but the added content (and the apparently extreme challenge it brings with it) definitely doesn't seem like "first playthrough" material, unless there is a way to play 1.13 with purely vanilla settings/content (just bug fixes and widescreen support). Stracciatella seems like it could be what I'm looking for. But is it stable?

Also, are the expansions (Unfinished Business and Wildfire) any good?
Stracciatella is stable but something is different with the cursor, it feels less responsive somehow. Its mentioned somewhere in some changelog what they did but i cant remmember the specifics.

Trashos

Arcane
Interested in this too. Haven't played JA2 for decades (I know, I know), but it's never too late to play again.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Getting a crash with Stracciatella whenever I open up the AIM refund e-mail. Is 16.1 the latest version?

EDIT: Restarted my game and fast forwarded until that point and it worked fine so my save must have gotten corrupted somehow.

Last edited:

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
Getting a crash with Stracciatella whenever I open up the AIM refund e-mail. Is 16.1 the latest version?

EDIT: Restarted my game and fast forwarded until that point and it worked fine so my save must have gotten corrupted somehow.

hey i had this exact same problem. Using one of the latest nightly builds, because the fucking "stable" from last year wont even open for me.

index.php

Arcane
https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/2020-08-03-release-0.17.0/
JA2 Stracciatella Release 0.17.0
Posted on August 3, 2020

The Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella team is proud to present a new release. Over two years in the making, it includes several new features, plenty of bugfixes compared to previous versions and the original game, more work in externalizing data and innumerable clean-ups of the old code base. Also notable is the better launcher experience and easier tweaking of settings for power users and modders.

Through over 1520 commits at least 61 bugs were fixed, 28 of which affect vanilla.

New Features:

• A redesigned graphical launcher with more toggles, multiple mod support and the location of the main settings file (game.json)
  • Data files are now searched for in several places and more easily overriden
  • Several hardcoded values and assumptions are now externalized to json files for easy editing
  • Basic Wildfire and Night Ops support
  • Several new standalone optional mini-mods
  • The map editor now works out of the box, using bundled dummy graphics
  • Several smaller features like IMP import and better screen scaling options
We are shipping pre-built packages for Ubuntu, Windows and OS X. This should help users to easily get started with Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella. For users willing to take a risk we also provide automatically created nightly builds.

Download: http://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/download/ Make sure to uninstall any previous versions before installing.

Build changes:

• a C++11 compatible compiler is now required
  • Dependency on boost has been removed
  • New dependency: string theory, a string library (also bundled in the repo)
Warning: SDL2 2.0.6 on Linux has a fatal bug in the audio conversion code. As a workaround, the game automatically disables all sounds if it detects this version during startup. Please downgrade to version 2.0.5 or use version 2.0.7 or later.

• Bugfix (vanilla): Civilians dying causes crash (#1068)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix “Travel to Surface?” prompt not working in Cambria/Alma mine (#1087)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix Doreen’s under attack animations not playing properly (#157)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix Drassen mine doubling production before depletion (#1144)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix HandleMilitiaPromotions resetting kill count if it wasn’t used (#674)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix a crash when a factioned civilian bleeds out (#1138)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix assert on sector entry: militia promotion elsewhere (#671)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix cleaning blood from knives (#769)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix collapsing merc falling through a closed door (#476)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix crash from a panic trigger when there are no soldiers (#851)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix enemy being trapped on a border of the tactical map (#125)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix enemy in the northmost map cells not being targetable in the head (#195)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix extra crows when a game is loaded (#812)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix fighting a battle in F10 breaking the hillbilly quest (#688)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix flag checking (#793)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix freeze when accessing options by pressing o during a cutscene (#752)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix game crashe on helicopter coming back to Drassen (#1107)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix giving items to civilians in Drassen causing endless stopwatch (#694)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix glitchy opening of locked doors (#475)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix incorrect tactical path calculation (#375)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix life insurance making player’s balance negative (#93)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix possible division by zero / SIGFPE (#720)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix reproducible crash in Alma H14 when using explosives on building. (#294)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix runtime error in sector I2 (#492)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix south-east-north U-turn in TraceCharAnimatedRoute and TracePathRoute (#885)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fixed bug when picking up items during combat doesn’t deduct APs (#802)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Prevent displaying the door popup if dialog is running (#1062)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): TODO0008: Attitude generation is broken (#756)
  • Bugfix: Avoid hit chance beyond 100% (#1140)
  • Bugfix: Avoid interrupted dialogue - endless stopwatch (#427)
  • Bugfix: Change release builds to link against debug and release runtime on MSVC (#641)
  • Bugfix: Close master bug for viewport/placement related bugs (#225)
  • Bugfix: Fix “ERROR saving the game” after Ivan has arrived (#487)
  • Bugfix: Fix -nosound failing an assert (#1084)
  • Bugfix: Fix IMP quiz honest answers mod directory case sensitivity (#751)
  • Bugfix: Fix Mac OS Sierra Russian font bug (#485)
  • Bugfix: Fix Mac Sierra mouse pointer being restricted when starting with -fullscreen (#459)
  • Bugfix: Fix RU game crashing when hiring when browsing M.E.R.C. (#65)
  • Bugfix: Fix Skyrider claiming to not have a chopper after landing in Estoni (#723)
  • Bugfix: Fix attacking the legs doing no damage (#778)
  • Bugfix: Fix being unable to scroll the screen when entering turn mode (#1122)
  • Bugfix: Fix clipping issue with radarmaps (#73)
  • Bugfix: Fix crash after scene about capturing northeast sam site (#721)
  • Bugfix: Fix encoding issue with some Quest Texts crashing the game hard (#927)
  • Bugfix: Fix format string issue: “Hire for ${} per day” (#1073)
  • Bugfix: Fix graphical glitch when doing a RMB click on level preview (#366)
  • Bugfix: Fix inaccessible area in tactical view (#171)
  • Bugfix: Fix incorrect body positions on high resolution (#119)
  • Bugfix: Fix main menu music not restarting (#87)
  • Bugfix: Fix militia training not being available in H8 - Cambria Mine (#1103)
  • Bugfix: Fix segmentation fault on soldier death (#753)
  • Bugfix: Fix sliders in IMP creation with altered game.json being messed up (#644)
  • Bugfix: Fix tactical interface rendering on strategic interface. (#834)
  • Bugfix: Fix time consuming logging (#1137)
  • Bugfix: Fix unduly aborted steal (#789)
  • Bugfix: Fixed crash due to assertion in Strategic_AI::MoveSAIGroupToSector() (#735)
  • Bugfix: Fixed delay after stealing items from another merc. (#737)
  • Bugfix: Fixed sound clipping in SoundMan (#807)
  • Bugfix: Set the directory of the file chooser (#818)
  • Bugfix: Support json with comments in rust (#838)
  • Bugfix: Vvx’s bugfixes and more robust game.json handling (#1133)
  • Editor: Add latest free editor.slf in the build system (#859)
  • Editor: Fix inability change merc colors in Map Editor (#1113)
  • Enhancement: Add a free Editor.slf (#30)
  • Enhancement: Add a warning about min_attribute_points < 15 to game.json (#681)
  • Enhancement: Add basic Night Ops support
  • Enhancement: Add brightness/gamma support (#709)
  • Enhancement: Added GroupAutoReload hotkey Ctrl-Shift-R (#1085)
  • Enhancement: Alternate IMP creation mod (#37)
  • Enhancement: Autodetect version of the game resource (#42)
  • Enhancement: Externalize mines (#1098)
  • Enhancement: Externalize several hardcoded map features
  • Enhancement: Improve pathfinding on long distances (#678)
  • Enhancement: Improve the error message when data_dir is not valid. (#692)
  • Enhancement: Increase C++ standard to C++11 (#619)
  • Enhancement: Modularize rust code (#748)
  • Enhancement: Skip autosave confirmation sound in DiD mode (#646)
  • Enhancement: Support for Wildfire maps (#1011)
  • Enhancement: Support game.json in user directory (possibly ~/.ja2) (#707)
  • Enhancement: Support integer scaling for pixel perfect image (#715)
  • Enhancement: Support merging of stacked items (#690)
  • Enhancement: Support multiple data paths (#290)
  • Enhancement: Vvx’s externalizations and mods (#1133)
  • Launcher: Avoid “Unable to create directory” errors (#719)
  • Launcher: Display installed game.json location (#630)
  • Launcher: Launcher autodetects version (#820)
  • Launcher: Multiple mods support (#840)
  • Launcher: Redesign the launcher (#833)
  • Launcher: Use more readable labels (#731)
  • Maintenance: Add panic=abort to rust library (#813)
  • Maintenance: Add rust requirement notes and lockfile (#759)
  • Maintenance: Add unit test to parse every JSON in externalized dir (#1116)
  • Maintenance: Build MinGW on travis (#729)
  • Maintenance: Build VS2017 on appveyor (#730)
  • Maintenance: CMake: External project all the things (#711)
  • Maintenance: CMake: do not add the directories to the sources list (#697)
  • Maintenance: Catch and ignore exception with bad map data (#1143)
  • Maintenance: Change all missnamed data dirs to game dirs (#839)
  • Maintenance: Cleanup realtime (#662)
  • Maintenance: Cleanup turnbased (#636)
  • Maintenance: Correctly set toolchain and local gtest in toolchain files (#739)
  • Maintenance: Document slog license (#458)
  • Maintenance: Fix -Wpointer-bool-conversion warnings (#792)
  • Maintenance: Fix TODO0006 (#767)
  • Maintenance: Fix Visual Studio Build errors (#725)
  • Maintenance: Fix a few more warnings and enable most of -Wall and -Wextra (#828)
  • Maintenance: Fix clang warnings (#826)
  • Maintenance: Fix missing libpng12.so.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 (#747)
  • Maintenance: Log level adjustments (#1057)
  • Maintenance: Nightlies are not built anymore (#873)
  • Maintenance: Publish AppVeyor-built packages as artifacts (#669)
  • Maintenance: Refactor external dependency handling (#362)
  • Maintenance: Remove boost (#999)
  • Maintenance: Remove boost foreach (#655)
  • Maintenance: Remove build boxes (#728)
  • Maintenance: Remove redundant screen coordinate variables (#736)
  • Maintenance: Removed silly camo kit addition (#768)
  • Maintenance: Replace boost::shared_ptr with std::shared_ptr (#658)
  • Maintenance: Rework random number generation (#846)
  • Maintenance: Rustify LibraryDB (#835)
  • Maintenance: Ubuntu 19.10 installation issues (#886)
  • Maintenance: Update contributors.txt (#1151)
  • Maintenance: Various memory fixes (#743)
  • Maintenance: Wrote CONTRIBUTING.md / contributor guidelines (#841)

index.php

Arcane
https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/2021/04/23/release-0.18.0.html
JA2 Stracciatella Release 0.18.0
Posted on April 23, 2021

The Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella team is proud to present a new release. It includes several new features, plenty of bugfixes compared to previous versions and the original game, clean-ups of the old code base, and most notably much more work in externalizing hardcoded game data.

Through 479 commits at least 30 bugs were fixed, 5 of which are known to affect vanilla.

New Features:

• Modding improvements
    • Several hardcoded values and assumptions are now externalized to additional json files for easy editing (SAM sites, merchants, game items, M.E.R.C. soldiers, sector info, weapon cache location, strategic AI policy, NPC placement)
    • Initial scripting support via lua scripts
    • Supporting Unfinished Business tilesets
    • Support for ogg and mp3 audio formats
  • Configurable game speed (set ms_per_time_slice in game.json)
  • Self-contained AppImage Linux builds
  • Preliminary Android build (beware: not adapted for touch input)
  • A chance-to-hit F hotkey
We are shipping pre-built packages for Linux, Windows and OS X. This should help users to easily get started with Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella. For users willing to take a risk we also provide automatically created nightly builds.

Download: http://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/download/ Make sure to uninstall any previous versions before installing.

Build changes:

• a C++17 compatible compiler is now required
Warning: SDL2 2.0.6 on Linux has a fatal bug in the audio conversion code. As a workaround, the game automatically disables all sounds if it detects this version during startup. Please downgrade to version 2.0.5 or use version 2.0.7 or later.

• Bugfix (vanilla): Game freezes for about 4 seconds when a fight starts or a round is finished. (#1219)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Game hanging after an attack (#1318)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Player can compress time or move the squad while being ambushed by Bloodcats (#412)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Small bug-fixes from Unfinished Business (#1199
  • Bugfix: Arrows in IMP attribute allocation screen not exact (#683)
  • Bugfix: Correcting unsigned int comparison in NPC.cc (#1208)
  • Bugfix: Fix the Tileset defaulting logic (#1218)
  • Bugfix: Fredo refuses to repair extended ears (#1309)
  • Bugfix: Game hangs when loading a new music track (#1249)
  • Bugfix: Ja2.exe: exited with status code -1073741819 (#1196)
  • Bugfix: Segfault at G1 map inventory (#1234)
  • Bugfix: Fixing game stuck after halting soldier (#1325)
  • Bugfix: Fixing illegal array access flagged by Coverity (#1203)
  • Bugfix: Fixing incorrect item flags checks (#1310)
  • Bugfix: Fix MovementNoise() (#1307)
  • Bugfix: No strategic movements during bloodcat ambush (#1174)
  • Bugfix: Replacing invalid attached objects in preplaced world items (#1313)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Correcting dealers.json data error (#1195)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Fix: Buttons stay disabled after leaving the shop keeper interface (#1312)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Fix punching and throwing rocks (#1194)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Fix warp exit from mine (#1186)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Game crashed after helicopter landed. It deleted my save. (#1216)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Moddable music error - not enough memory (#664)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Rock cannot be thrown as a weapon (#1192)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Screenshots don’t show path APs and sometimes don’t show path either (#376)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Unused items slots should be IC_NONE (#1191)
  • Bugfix (non-vanilla): Fix Dead-is-dead failure on fresh install (#1217)
  • Enhancement: Adding the monster spit effect to weapons.json (#1179)
  • Enhancement: Address #1292 item 1: support Urban Chaos quasi-empty smacker files (#1326)
  • Enhancement: Android build (#228)
  • Enhancement: Auto-switch attached goggles (#1176)
  • Enhancement: Configurable BASETIMESLICE duration (#1173)
  • Enhancement: Create packages for Linux (#138)
  • Enhancement: Dependency inversion with Observable and notify (#1223)
  • Enhancement: Disable quick edit mode when Launcher starts (Windows only) (#1171)
  • Enhancement: Display a message if player choose an inaccessible dropoff sector (#1204)
  • Enhancement: Externalize (arms) dealer info (#1185)
  • Enhancement: Externalize SAM air control table (#1181)
  • Enhancement: Externalize sector Loading Screens (#1182)
  • Enhancement: Externalizing RPC small faces (#1242)
  • Enhancement: Feature: Add chance-to-hit hotkey (#1188)
  • Enhancement: Game speed / walking speed (#148)
  • Enhancement: Generalizing hard-coded dealer logic (#1189)
  • Enhancement: Improve Pixel-Perfect scaling usability (#1175)
  • Enhancement: Ja2.log should go to temp (#1257)
  • Enhancement: Lua scripting engine (#1209)
  • Enhancement: Attached goggles can’t be auto-switched (#649)
  • Enhancement: Notify the player of important NPC in sector (#1200)
  • Enhancement: OGG audio files support (#64)
  • Enhancement: Proposal: Build distro-agnostic packages for Linux releases instead of Debian Package (#1213)
  • Enhancement: Scaling usability improvements (#1169)
  • Enhancement: Screenshot folder (#639)
  • Enhancement: Supplementary data to Merc Profiles (#1247)
  • Enhancement: Support Unfinished Business (“JA 2.5”) tilesets (#1210)
  • Enhancement: Tactical AI patches from Unfinished Business (#1281)
  • Enhancement: Unfinished Business weapons mod (#1128)
  • Enhancement: Use caching on build bots / speed up builds (#1102)
  • Enhancement: Externalization and generalization of M.E.R.C. (#1244)
  • Enhancement: Patches from Unfinished Business (#1198)
  • Enhancement: Android build (#1240)
  • Enhancement: Better lua debugging functionality (#1214)
  • Enhancement: Build AppImage for linux (#1215)
  • Enhancement: Observable listeners from Lua scripts (#1238)
  • Maintenance: 0.18 checklist (#1331)
  • Maintenance: Adding game policy options to customize when M.E.R.C. goes online (#1245)
  • Maintenance: Better error messages on JSON parse errors (#1167)
  • Maintenance: Externalize cache sectors (#1267)
  • Maintenance: Externalize game items (#1295)
  • Maintenance: Externalize sector land types (#1264)
  • Maintenance: Externalize Strategic AI policy (#1306)
  • Maintenance: Externalizing I.M.P. activation code (#1280)
  • Maintenance: Externalizing I.M.P. initial level (#1260)
  • Maintenance: Externalizing initial NPC placements (#1263)
  • Maintenance: Externalizing M.E.R.C. profile bio index (#1251)
  • Maintenance: Externalizing strategic map secrets (#1262)
  • Maintenance: Fixing compiler and coverity warnings (#1190)
  • Maintenance: Print unhandled exception message on Windows (#1168)
  • Maintenance: Rework SoundMan.cc to stream audio if necessary (#1274)
  • Maintenance: TravisCI Mac builds no longer free (#1276)
  • Maintenance: Turn off console Quick Edit mode (Windows only) (#1166)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade AppVeyor builds to VC++ 2019 (#1197)
  • Maintenance: Another try at fixing travis build (#1225)
  • Maintenance: Array-bounds checks and clean up (#1207)
  • Maintenance: Build caching on AppVeyor (#1227)
  • Maintenance: Change signature of GetMapTempFileName() (#1324)
  • Maintenance: Clean up dead code (#1222)
  • Maintenance: Clean up Map Screen code (#1202)
  • Maintenance: Docs/Release-checklist.md: converted to github checklist (#1170)
  • Maintenance: More flexible NPC faces handling (#1239)
  • Maintenance: More TileEngine refactoring (#1236)
  • Maintenance: Proposal: Remove the screenshot and video capture functionality (#1327)
  • Maintenance: Reduce noise in logs (#1180)
  • Maintenance: Refactor SAM sites logic (#1232)
  • Maintenance: Refactor TileEngine (#1211)
  • Maintenance: Remove animation view screen (#1299)
  • Maintenance: Remove reinterpret_casts in LoadSaveData.cc (#1297)
  • Maintenance: Sccache all the things (#1235)
  • Maintenance: SetGroupArrivalTime to be a member of GROUP (#1241)
  • Maintenance: Try to fix Mac build (#1226)
  • Maintenance: Try to fix travis ci build (#1224)
  • Maintenance: Updating cargo deps (#1221)
  • Maintenance: Use fixed Windows SDK version on appveyor (#1212)
  • Maintenance: Upgrading to C++ 17 (#1284)

index.php

Arcane
JA2 Stracciatella Release 0.19.0
Posted on April 15, 2022

The Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella team is proud to present a new release showcasing a year of work. It includes several new features, plenty of bugfixes compared to previous versions and the original game, clean-ups of the old code base, and most notably a new saving&loading screen. Our Chinese fans will now be able to play the game in their own language (zh_CN).

(stats as of 2022-04-13) Through 275 commits at least 41 bugs were fixed, 15 of which are known to affect vanilla.

New Features:
  • (Simplified) Chinese language support
  • Support for arbitrary amounts of saved games which are all displayed in the same list whether with or without mods
  • Modding improvements
    • More hardcoded values and assumptions are now externalized to additional or improved json files for easy editing (item graphics, vehicles, starting sector, squad size, weapon shooting sounds)
    • Mods can provide manifest files with important metadata — to be displayed in the launcher and stored in saved games
  • Configurable website loading time, maximum squad size game speed and an option to refill totally defeated patrol groups (set in game.json)
  • The optional chance-to-hit now accounts for aiming and is not tied to F, but show_hit_chance in game.json
  • Improvements to the android work-in-progress port and support for the Apple M1 chips
IMPORTANT: If you had several save game folders from using different mods, you will have to manually (arbitrarily) rename the files and move them into the main SavedGames folder.

NOTE: Automatic brightness correction has been disabled, so pass eg. -brightness 1.3 on the command line if you need to increase brightness/gamma to 130%.

We are shipping pre-built packages for Linux, Windows and macOS. This should help users to easily get started with Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella. For users willing to take a risk we also provide automatically created nightly builds.

Download
http://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/download/ Make sure to uninstall any previous versions before installing.

Bugfix (vanilla)
  • AI Order/Attitude incorrect comparison (#1385)
  • Fix graphical glitching during scrolling when merc lights are enabled (#1437)
  • GuiBaseJA2Clock signed/unsigned inconsistency (#1386)
  • Incorrect adjacent teammates search (#1388)
  • Incorrect AI function call (#1391)
  • Incorrect armour type comparison when searching for better items on the ground (#1392)
  • Incorrect condition, || instead of && (#1463)
  • Incorrect target level when calculating throw params (#1397)
  • Smoke on the floor level affects vision on the roof. (#1394)
  • Throw search ends if one the checked spots was too far (#1384)
  • When setting special movement cost for fences, check that tile after the fence is not blocked (#1389)
  • Wrong amount shown on items pop-up (#1336)
  • Zero calculated CTH can result in 1% actual bullet hit (#1393)
  • Crash when handing Fatima the letter while another merc discovers an item (#1378)
  • Fix camera focus when clicking on overhead map (#1438)
  • Stuck at automatic first aid screen (#1407)
Bugfix
  • Artifacts when entering a map (#95)
  • Build on mingw64 - Error with copying file stracciatella_c_api.lib (#1296)
  • Crash when opening “Continue Saved Game” screen (#1452)
  • Error when building on MSYS2 system on windows (#1398)
  • Game crash in P3 basement (#1443)
  • ‘No such file or directory’ when attempting to save under some circumstances as of e202b45 (#1379)
  • Replying to Mike crashes the game (#1444)
  • Allow more than 1 dead mercs on squad (#1410)
  • Chat boxes sometimes don’t fit the text (#1477)
  • Crash when doing aimed burst to certain NPCs (#1365)
  • Failed assertion (debug build) or segfault (RelWithDebugInfo) when picking up a delivery, or collecting a bounty with all inventory slots full (#1387)
  • Fix chance-to-hit preview for rooftop targets (#1427)
  • Fixing signedness errors in Strategic AI (#1420)
  • Fix UI overlay glitches in tactical UI (#1424)
  • Game temporarily hangs (stopwatch) when spotting an item mid movement (#1367)
  • Minor regression of VFS case-insensitivity (#1465)
  • Refund the correct amount of medical deposit (#1412)
  • Can’t save games on Android since JA2S 0.19 20210920 build (#1447)
  • Do not adjust screen brightness unless requested (#1383)
  • Error saving game (#1472)
  • Fix #1379: Read and reset sector flags when removing temp files (#1381)
  • Truncated error message when failing to build virtual file system (VFS) (#1433)
  • Passing bad command-line flags doesn’t show the whole -help (#1494)
  • Update fltk library to version 1.3.8 (#1500)
  • Remove explicit architecture in macOS toolchain file (#1506)
  • Update SDL2 to 2.0.20 for macOS (#1505)
  • Slf archive and folder confusion (#667)
Enhancement
  • Supporting chinese localization (#810)
  • Added option for mouse cursor to always be visible in tactical view (#1372)
  • Add OpenBSD toolchain file and update build instructions (#1396)
  • Add the possibility to provide a mod manifest (#1432)
  • Appending extra game states at the end of Saves (#1282)
  • Change the squad save format (#1411)
  • Config var for scaling website loading time on laptop (#1376)
  • Dynamic tactical bottom bar (#1409)
  • Excessive temp file usage in .ja2/tmp/temp (#1255)
  • Externalize item graphics (#1459)
  • Externalize squad size (#1415)
  • Externalize all weapon shooting sounds properly (#1456)
  • Externalize vehicles (#1400)
  • Externalizing starting sector (#1359)
  • Feature Request: Chance-to-hit feature improvements (#1368)
  • Highlight compatible items in sector inventory (#1439)
  • Launcher: preload all mods (#1352)
  • Make save game location configurable on Android (#1337)
  • Move the tactical screen bottom panel to the center (#1404)
  • Option to refill totally defeated patrol groups (#1421)
  • Refactor operations with temporary files (#135)
  • Support an arbitrary amount of saved games (#823)
  • Support arbitrary save game filenames (#822)
  • Reduce direct references to item ids (#1462)
  • File open speedup (#1402)
  • Read and write to a proper temporary directory (#1374)
  • Add JSON schema for all externalized files (#1422)
  • Better editor save load dialog (#1362)
Maintenance
  • 0.19 release checklist (#1356)
  • AppImage does not start in Debian 10 => libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.26’ not found (#1360)
  • CI-build with gcc-8 (#1361)
  • Compiling JA2S 0.18 with Raspberry Pi failed (#1436)
  • Fix C4099 warning on MSVC (#1403)
  • Replace references to profileID in externalized JSON with profile name (#1453)
  • VfsFile_open performance (#1268)
  • Add editorconfig (#1460)
  • Install CMake 3.21 for MinGW builds (#1455)
  • DefaultContentManager::loadTranslationTable skipping some languages (#1475)
  • Fix translation tables (#1454)
  • Read tilecache names from VFS (#1363)
  • Refactor the rest of file accesses to go through GCM where applicable (#1401)
  • Remove explicit paths from DefaultContentManager startup (#1358)

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
It'd be nice if they could fix the suppression system in vanilla. I'm guessing they think its working as intended, but I dont think so. It would give a bit more utility to auto weapons in the game, instead of just bee lining straight for the longest range weapons.

index.php

Arcane

JA2 Stracciatella Release 0.20.0​

Posted on November 14, 2022

The Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella team is proud to present a new release showcasing about half a year of work. It includes several new features, plenty of bugfixes compared to previous versions and the original game, clean-ups of the old code base, and most notably the first official release of the Android version and support for touch controls.
Through 490 commits at least 76 bugs were fixed, 20 of which are known to affect vanilla.

New Features:​

• Touch Controls: Control your mercenaries with the touch of a finger on touch-devices
  • First Official Android Release: Play Jagged Alliance on the go on your Android device
  • Modding Improvements
    • More hardcoded values and assumptions are now externalized to additional or improved json files for easy editing in JSON: item names, item descriptions, aim and range bonuses
    • More extension points for LUA scripting: change shop inventory and prices, react to merc hiring, create message boxes
  • Stability Improvements: Fixes in memory management should lead to improved stability and less crashes
IMPORTANT: If you used older versions of JA2 Stracciatella on Android before you might need to uninstall them before installing the new release. Make sure to backup your data before doing this as it might erase your saves.
We are shipping pre-built packages for Linux, Windows, macOS and finally Android. This should help users to easily get started with Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella. For users willing to take a risk we also provide automatically created nightly builds.

Download​

http://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/download/

Main Changelog:​

Enhancements​

• Enhancement: Add CMake option to compile with ASAN enabled (#1689)
  • Enhancement: Add read/write functionality for STCI to rust (#1527)
  • Enhancement: Allow to choose vanilla version in Android launcher (#1684)
  • Enhancement: Allow using system magic_enum (#1599)
  • Enhancement: Android Asset VFS layer improvements (#1248)
  • Enhancement: Android launcher settings tab (#1685)
  • Enhancement: Autosaving / SavegameScreen Layout (#302) (#1669)
  • Enhancement: Bump string theory to fix warnings (#1486)
  • Enhancement: Deprecate C-style SLOG (#1487)
  • Enhancement: Does MemMan still have a purpose? (#1574)
  • Enhancement: Fails to build with miniaudio-0.11.9 (#1567)
  • Enhancement: Gentoo ebuilds impossible if code gets downloaded at compile time. (v.0.18.0 and later) (#1377)
  • Enhancement: Instructions and credits for the simplified chinese mod (#1514)
  • Enhancement: Let FindNearestEdgePoint try harder to find a suitable gridno (#1632)
  • Enhancement: LUA and SOL2 may be taken from system now (#1526)
  • Enhancement: Make OppList.cc more robust (#1643)
  • Enhancement: Make system miniaudio use possible (#1533)
  • Enhancement: README.md: improve wording (#1598)
  • Enhancement: Run game without blocking the launcher and add logs as a launcher tab (#1532)
  • Enhancement: Tooltips to explain about resolution and scaling modes (#1663)
  • Enhancement: Touch controls (#1552)

Modding Improvements​

• Modding: Add integration points to change shop inventories and prices (#1609)
  • Modding: Script extension points on new merc hired (#1672)
  • Modding: Externalize item names and descriptions (#1575)
  • Modding: Externalize more hardcoded values (#1541)
  • Modding: Functions to make message boxes in Lua (#1614)
  • Modding: Generate Lua enums from C++ codebase (#1286)

Bugfixes (vanilla)​

• Bugfix (vanilla): Can’t steal weapon from enemy on roof (#1676)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Combatant counting in autoresolved combat is wrong (#1625)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Do not kill EPC twice in Auto Resolve (#1628)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Firing mode is not updated when stealing a gun (#196)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix FindNumTurnsBetweenDirs (#1566)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix helicopter run not using sound effects volume modifier (#1570)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix memory leak in tactical placement (#1644)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix rare vanilla vehicle bugs (#1522)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix several unrelated issues discovered by Coverity (#1608)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix stealing from enemies on roof (#1677)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix Structure not defined warnings (#1579)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix the Helicopter Sound Effect at the start of the game (#1562)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix two more world data OOB accesses (#1638)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix two out of range array accesses (#1640)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): If Cambria recaptured by hostiles, you will get full amount of money like it is 100% yours every day (#1670)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Keep hand item and weapon mode in sync (#1577)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): MineAMine: return amount mined only if mine is controlled by player (#1673)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Possible INT8 overflow in bLockDamage (#1538)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Segfault in DistanceVisible() (#1635)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Yet another segfault in DistanceVisible() (#1634)

Bugfixes​

• Bugfix: 2 coverity fixes (#1543)
  • Bugfix: Adressing some of the CIDs in NPC.cc (#1617)
  • Bugfix: AIMHistory: fix not being able to move past AIM founder via Next (#1578)
  • Bugfix: AI Path crash? Unable to progress. (#1569)
  • Bugfix: Another crash while trying to go to Drassen Airport (#1589)
  • Bugfix: Another round of Coverity fixes (#1652)
  • Bugfix: Assertion failed FPS drop with display cover key (#1548)
  • Bugfix: Crash when switching places with NPC (#1607)
  • Bugfix: Discord link is invalid (#1597)
  • Bugfix: Do not call NPCReachedDestination() for soldiers without a MercProfile (#1658)
  • Bugfix: Fix #1538 Possible INT8 overflow in bLockDamage (#1554)
  • Bugfix: Fix Android CI build for external contributors (#1534)
  • Bugfix: Fix display of the debug pages (#1633)
  • Bugfix: Fix error messages when commiting read pointer in sound system (#1546)
  • Bugfix: Fix fast help active checks (#1582)
  • Bugfix: Fix OOB array access in UpdatePublic (#1645)
  • Bugfix: Fix seven more Coverity issues (#1637)
  • Bugfix: Fix several problems detected by Memcheck (#1572)
  • Bugfix: Fix the newly detected Coverity issues (#1647)
  • Bugfix: Let Auto Resolve free the soldiers created for it (#1619)
  • Bugfix: More coverity fixes (#1613)
  • Bugfix: More Coverity fixes (#1649)
  • Bugfix: More Coverity fixes (#1654)
  • Bugfix: Newer Android release cant be installed over older Android release (#1503)
  • Bugfix: Build signed release APKs instead of debug APKs for Android (#1518)
  • Bugfix: Cannot save game anymore since v0.19.1 (#1550)
  • Bugfix: Crash in Omerta when Fatima talks to Dmitri (#1581)
  • Bugfix: Crash while defending Drassen Airport (#1584)
  • Bugfix: Deposit/withdraw button just doesn’t work (#1666)
  • Bugfix: Display correct location of militia training in Finances (#1641)
  • Bugfix: Do not use the c_str() result of an already destroyed ST::string (#1603)
  • Bugfix: Don’t try to move soldiers that are not in the sector in EndTurn() (#1585)
  • Bugfix: Ensure RegisterBackgroundRect properly initializes BACKGROUND_SAVE structs (#1665)
  • Bugfix: Fix Android package name (#1656)
  • Bugfix: Fix bPercentCoverForGridno values going out of 0-100 bound (#1549)
  • Bugfix: Fix crashes #1537 and #1559 (#1560)
  • Bugfix: Fix ERROR_NOT_SAME_DEVICE for Windows (#1553)
  • Bugfix: Fix incorrect schemas for weapons and item replacements (#1590)
  • Bugfix: Fix indexing into m_sectorLandTypes (#1596)
  • Bugfix: Fix memory leak in EmptyDialogueQueue() (#1655)
  • Bugfix: Fix OOB in AIMHistory (#1605)
  • Bugfix: Fix some remaining invalid format strings for sectors (#1573)
  • Bugfix: Fix SwapMercPositions logic (#1611)
  • Bugfix: Graphical corruption (#1661)
  • Bugfix: Handle the EXDEV error on all OS’s where it can happen (#1530)
  • Bugfix: Ice Cream truck out of fuel crash? (#1537)
  • Bugfix: Let enemy soldiers climb onto roofs again (#1615)
  • Bugfix: Rapidly right clicking stacked items exits with code -1073741819 (#1679)
  • Bugfix: Restore the save game validity condition from before sector refactoring (#1563)
  • Bugfix: Touch control fixes (#1682)
  • Bugfix: Repeatable crash when opening tactical view in sector after game load (#1657)
  • Bugfix: RUNTIME ERROR in Drassen Airport (#1588)
  • Bugfix: Several more coverity fixes (#1544)
  • Bugfix: Silence rapidjson build warnings (#1540)
  • Bugfix: Skyrider crashes the game on my current progress (#1559)
  • Bugfix: Store state for whom assignment menu is shown separately (#1692)

Maintenance Work​

• Maintenance: 0.20 release checklist (#1680)
  • Maintenance: Remove Debug.cc (#1488)
  • Maintenance: Add bugfix release branch filter for appveyor (#1529)
  • Maintenance: Cleanup clang compiler warnings (#1688)
  • Maintenance: Cleanup KEY_ON_RING related code (#1561)
  • Maintenance: Cmake: pass -Wno-deprecated-declarations to silence rapidjson #1540 (#1555)
  • Maintenance: Cmake: rewrite the contributor tracking target (#1520)
  • Maintenance: Coverity: enable asserts (#1621)
  • Maintenance: Coverity_model: remove redundant model [ci skip] (#1636)
  • Maintenance: Coverity: properly pass a cmake define [ci skip] (#1629)
  • Maintenance: Debug: another attempt at avoiding asserting coverity reports (#1616)
  • Maintenance: DefaultContentManager::loadTranslationTable: remove unused variable (#1528)
  • Maintenance: Do not use abs() before hypot() (#1630)
  • Maintenance: Do no update sight values in DecaySmokeEffects and DecayLightEffects (#1583)
  • Maintenance: Encapsulate sectors v2 (#1479)
  • Maintenance: Fix several incorrect gridno comparisons (#1622)
  • Maintenance: Get rid of ndk fork in rust dependencies (#1519)
  • Maintenance: New implementation of atan8 (#1565)
  • Maintenance: New release? (#1660)
  • Maintenance: Options to build with or without magic_enum (#1667)
  • Maintenance: Overhaul Animation_Cache (#1571)
  • Maintenance: Rapidjson: silence -Wclass-memaccess warnings #1486 (#1525)
  • Maintenance: Remove Debug.cc #1488 (#1523)
  • Maintenance: Remove Logger.cc (#1564)
  • Maintenance: Remove MemMan.h and MemMan.cc (#1576)
  • Maintenance: Remove the MouseRegion::Base hack (#1683)
  • Maintenance: Small cleanups (#1551)
  • Maintenance: Store BACKGROUND_SAVE structs in a forward_list (#1586)
  • Maintenance: Try to avoid false positives from coverity scans (#1610)
  • Maintenance: Unify SLOG (#1524)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade Android dependencies and clean up deprecations (#1642)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade Android NDK to r25 (#1639)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade included miniaudio to 0.11.9 (#1568)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade included SDL to 2.0.20 (#1515)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade miniaudio dependency to latest version in 0.10.x branch (#1531)
  • Maintenance: Upgrading googletest to v1.11 (#1668)
  • Maintenance: Use standard functions instead of macros and reimplementations (#1502)

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

JA2 Stracciatella Release 0.20.0​

Posted on November 14, 2022

The Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella team is proud to present a new release showcasing about half a year of work. It includes several new features, plenty of bugfixes compared to previous versions and the original game, clean-ups of the old code base, and most notably the first official release of the Android version and support for touch controls.
Through 490 commits at least 76 bugs were fixed, 20 of which are known to affect vanilla.

New Features:​

• Touch Controls: Control your mercenaries with the touch of a finger on touch-devices
  • First Official Android Release: Play Jagged Alliance on the go on your Android device
  • Modding Improvements
    • More hardcoded values and assumptions are now externalized to additional or improved json files for easy editing in JSON: item names, item descriptions, aim and range bonuses
    • More extension points for LUA scripting: change shop inventory and prices, react to merc hiring, create message boxes
  • Stability Improvements: Fixes in memory management should lead to improved stability and less crashes
IMPORTANT: If you used older versions of JA2 Stracciatella on Android before you might need to uninstall them before installing the new release. Make sure to backup your data before doing this as it might erase your saves.
We are shipping pre-built packages for Linux, Windows, macOS and finally Android. This should help users to easily get started with Jagged Alliance 2 Stracciatella. For users willing to take a risk we also provide automatically created nightly builds.

Download​

http://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/download/

Main Changelog:​

Enhancements​

• Enhancement: Add CMake option to compile with ASAN enabled (#1689)
  • Enhancement: Add read/write functionality for STCI to rust (#1527)
  • Enhancement: Allow to choose vanilla version in Android launcher (#1684)
  • Enhancement: Allow using system magic_enum (#1599)
  • Enhancement: Android Asset VFS layer improvements (#1248)
  • Enhancement: Android launcher settings tab (#1685)
  • Enhancement: Autosaving / SavegameScreen Layout (#302) (#1669)
  • Enhancement: Bump string theory to fix warnings (#1486)
  • Enhancement: Deprecate C-style SLOG (#1487)
  • Enhancement: Does MemMan still have a purpose? (#1574)
  • Enhancement: Fails to build with miniaudio-0.11.9 (#1567)
  • Enhancement: Gentoo ebuilds impossible if code gets downloaded at compile time. (v.0.18.0 and later) (#1377)
  • Enhancement: Instructions and credits for the simplified chinese mod (#1514)
  • Enhancement: Let FindNearestEdgePoint try harder to find a suitable gridno (#1632)
  • Enhancement: LUA and SOL2 may be taken from system now (#1526)
  • Enhancement: Make OppList.cc more robust (#1643)
  • Enhancement: Make system miniaudio use possible (#1533)
  • Enhancement: README.md: improve wording (#1598)
  • Enhancement: Run game without blocking the launcher and add logs as a launcher tab (#1532)
  • Enhancement: Tooltips to explain about resolution and scaling modes (#1663)
  • Enhancement: Touch controls (#1552)

Modding Improvements​

• Modding: Add integration points to change shop inventories and prices (#1609)
  • Modding: Script extension points on new merc hired (#1672)
  • Modding: Externalize item names and descriptions (#1575)
  • Modding: Externalize more hardcoded values (#1541)
  • Modding: Functions to make message boxes in Lua (#1614)
  • Modding: Generate Lua enums from C++ codebase (#1286)

Bugfixes (vanilla)​

• Bugfix (vanilla): Can’t steal weapon from enemy on roof (#1676)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Combatant counting in autoresolved combat is wrong (#1625)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Do not kill EPC twice in Auto Resolve (#1628)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Firing mode is not updated when stealing a gun (#196)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix FindNumTurnsBetweenDirs (#1566)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix helicopter run not using sound effects volume modifier (#1570)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix memory leak in tactical placement (#1644)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix rare vanilla vehicle bugs (#1522)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix several unrelated issues discovered by Coverity (#1608)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix stealing from enemies on roof (#1677)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix Structure not defined warnings (#1579)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix the Helicopter Sound Effect at the start of the game (#1562)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix two more world data OOB accesses (#1638)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Fix two out of range array accesses (#1640)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): If Cambria recaptured by hostiles, you will get full amount of money like it is 100% yours every day (#1670)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Keep hand item and weapon mode in sync (#1577)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): MineAMine: return amount mined only if mine is controlled by player (#1673)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Possible INT8 overflow in bLockDamage (#1538)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Segfault in DistanceVisible() (#1635)
  • Bugfix (vanilla): Yet another segfault in DistanceVisible() (#1634)

Bugfixes​

• Bugfix: 2 coverity fixes (#1543)
  • Bugfix: Adressing some of the CIDs in NPC.cc (#1617)
  • Bugfix: AIMHistory: fix not being able to move past AIM founder via Next (#1578)
  • Bugfix: AI Path crash? Unable to progress. (#1569)
  • Bugfix: Another crash while trying to go to Drassen Airport (#1589)
  • Bugfix: Another round of Coverity fixes (#1652)
  • Bugfix: Assertion failed FPS drop with display cover key (#1548)
  • Bugfix: Crash when switching places with NPC (#1607)
  • Bugfix: Discord link is invalid (#1597)
  • Bugfix: Do not call NPCReachedDestination() for soldiers without a MercProfile (#1658)
  • Bugfix: Fix #1538 Possible INT8 overflow in bLockDamage (#1554)
  • Bugfix: Fix Android CI build for external contributors (#1534)
  • Bugfix: Fix display of the debug pages (#1633)
  • Bugfix: Fix error messages when commiting read pointer in sound system (#1546)
  • Bugfix: Fix fast help active checks (#1582)
  • Bugfix: Fix OOB array access in UpdatePublic (#1645)
  • Bugfix: Fix seven more Coverity issues (#1637)
  • Bugfix: Fix several problems detected by Memcheck (#1572)
  • Bugfix: Fix the newly detected Coverity issues (#1647)
  • Bugfix: Let Auto Resolve free the soldiers created for it (#1619)
  • Bugfix: More coverity fixes (#1613)
  • Bugfix: More Coverity fixes (#1649)
  • Bugfix: More Coverity fixes (#1654)
  • Bugfix: Newer Android release cant be installed over older Android release (#1503)
  • Bugfix: Build signed release APKs instead of debug APKs for Android (#1518)
  • Bugfix: Cannot save game anymore since v0.19.1 (#1550)
  • Bugfix: Crash in Omerta when Fatima talks to Dmitri (#1581)
  • Bugfix: Crash while defending Drassen Airport (#1584)
  • Bugfix: Deposit/withdraw button just doesn’t work (#1666)
  • Bugfix: Display correct location of militia training in Finances (#1641)
  • Bugfix: Do not use the c_str() result of an already destroyed ST::string (#1603)
  • Bugfix: Don’t try to move soldiers that are not in the sector in EndTurn() (#1585)
  • Bugfix: Ensure RegisterBackgroundRect properly initializes BACKGROUND_SAVE structs (#1665)
  • Bugfix: Fix Android package name (#1656)
  • Bugfix: Fix bPercentCoverForGridno values going out of 0-100 bound (#1549)
  • Bugfix: Fix crashes #1537 and #1559 (#1560)
  • Bugfix: Fix ERROR_NOT_SAME_DEVICE for Windows (#1553)
  • Bugfix: Fix incorrect schemas for weapons and item replacements (#1590)
  • Bugfix: Fix indexing into m_sectorLandTypes (#1596)
  • Bugfix: Fix memory leak in EmptyDialogueQueue() (#1655)
  • Bugfix: Fix OOB in AIMHistory (#1605)
  • Bugfix: Fix some remaining invalid format strings for sectors (#1573)
  • Bugfix: Fix SwapMercPositions logic (#1611)
  • Bugfix: Graphical corruption (#1661)
  • Bugfix: Handle the EXDEV error on all OS’s where it can happen (#1530)
  • Bugfix: Ice Cream truck out of fuel crash? (#1537)
  • Bugfix: Let enemy soldiers climb onto roofs again (#1615)
  • Bugfix: Rapidly right clicking stacked items exits with code -1073741819 (#1679)
  • Bugfix: Restore the save game validity condition from before sector refactoring (#1563)
  • Bugfix: Touch control fixes (#1682)
  • Bugfix: Repeatable crash when opening tactical view in sector after game load (#1657)
  • Bugfix: RUNTIME ERROR in Drassen Airport (#1588)
  • Bugfix: Several more coverity fixes (#1544)
  • Bugfix: Silence rapidjson build warnings (#1540)
  • Bugfix: Skyrider crashes the game on my current progress (#1559)
  • Bugfix: Store state for whom assignment menu is shown separately (#1692)

Maintenance Work​

• Maintenance: 0.20 release checklist (#1680)
  • Maintenance: Remove Debug.cc (#1488)
  • Maintenance: Add bugfix release branch filter for appveyor (#1529)
  • Maintenance: Cleanup clang compiler warnings (#1688)
  • Maintenance: Cleanup KEY_ON_RING related code (#1561)
  • Maintenance: Cmake: pass -Wno-deprecated-declarations to silence rapidjson #1540 (#1555)
  • Maintenance: Cmake: rewrite the contributor tracking target (#1520)
  • Maintenance: Coverity: enable asserts (#1621)
  • Maintenance: Coverity_model: remove redundant model [ci skip] (#1636)
  • Maintenance: Coverity: properly pass a cmake define [ci skip] (#1629)
  • Maintenance: Debug: another attempt at avoiding asserting coverity reports (#1616)
  • Maintenance: DefaultContentManager::loadTranslationTable: remove unused variable (#1528)
  • Maintenance: Do not use abs() before hypot() (#1630)
  • Maintenance: Do no update sight values in DecaySmokeEffects and DecayLightEffects (#1583)
  • Maintenance: Encapsulate sectors v2 (#1479)
  • Maintenance: Fix several incorrect gridno comparisons (#1622)
  • Maintenance: Get rid of ndk fork in rust dependencies (#1519)
  • Maintenance: New implementation of atan8 (#1565)
  • Maintenance: New release? (#1660)
  • Maintenance: Options to build with or without magic_enum (#1667)
  • Maintenance: Overhaul Animation_Cache (#1571)
  • Maintenance: Rapidjson: silence -Wclass-memaccess warnings #1486 (#1525)
  • Maintenance: Remove Debug.cc #1488 (#1523)
  • Maintenance: Remove Logger.cc (#1564)
  • Maintenance: Remove MemMan.h and MemMan.cc (#1576)
  • Maintenance: Remove the MouseRegion::Base hack (#1683)
  • Maintenance: Small cleanups (#1551)
  • Maintenance: Store BACKGROUND_SAVE structs in a forward_list (#1586)
  • Maintenance: Try to avoid false positives from coverity scans (#1610)
  • Maintenance: Unify SLOG (#1524)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade Android dependencies and clean up deprecations (#1642)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade Android NDK to r25 (#1639)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade included miniaudio to 0.11.9 (#1568)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade included SDL to 2.0.20 (#1515)
  • Maintenance: Upgrade miniaudio dependency to latest version in 0.10.x branch (#1531)
  • Maintenance: Upgrading googletest to v1.11 (#1668)
  • Maintenance: Use standard functions instead of macros and reimplementations (#1502)
Shame the latest version has introduced more bugs for things that had been working for years to support an Android version maybe 5 people will play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom