Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Off to PAX East tomorrow

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well my first foray into this type of event so I have no idea what to expect. Tomorrow night is the Star Citizen event then on Friday I'll be going to the "Future of PC gaming" forum where Chris Roberts will also be a panelist. Anyone ever been to these things? Any (sane/ non-Codexian) advice? :P

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Prepare to be kidnapped and lugged off to the one of the many variety of 'Social Issues' panels in where you shall be paraded around as an example towards the ableism in games today. I recommend either a flail, or a fake, empty wallet with which to guilt trip the white knighting bastards into buying you non-stop burgers.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Check the Ubisoft booth. I wonder if they're going to reveal anything about their next Might and Magic project there.

You could also hook up with cboyardee if he's gonna be there and maybe even play some Barkley 2/see them show it off.

Finally, you could write a properly Codexian report about the entire thing. You know you want to.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Prepare to be kidnapped and lugged off to the one of the many variety of 'Social Issues' panels in where you shall be paraded around as an example towards the ableism in games today. I recommend either a flail, or a fake, empty wallet with which to guilt trip the white knighting bastards into buying you non-stop burgers.

I've got to come up with something along those lines!!! Just wish I had a Codex t-shirt to wear. :troll:

Check the Ubisoft booth. I wonder if they're going to reveal anything about their next Might and Magic project there.

You could also hook up with cboyardee if he's gonna be there and maybe even play some Barkley 2/see them show it off.

Finally, you could write a properly Codexian report about the entire thing. You know you want to.
That I just may do... :love:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Bring smelling salts to protect you from the poorly ventilated locales filled with unwashed nerds.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Yeah definitely take a tour of all the social justice panels and call every panelist ableist for not catering to you specifically.

Renegen

Arcane
see HHR, if you're going to trash PAX, everyone going there and don't want to look like a douche, you have to do it with tact and flair, like Stereotypical Villain's holocaust reference for example.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Your destination should be clear:

xhb0PJu.jpg

Cholo

Arcane
Yes... claim that their gay dragons are never transgendered enough or that their sex positive feminists aren't also polyfat-positive-privileged or something. The weather should be nice in Boston this weekend, have you been to Fenway? Sox are out of town this weekend but it should be fun to catch the games (YANKEES SUCK) at the right bar if the convention gets boring.

Sunday

Behind the scenes: getting a job at Bioware

You know what must be done. Go behind the enemy lines and sabotage them from within, filling Inquisition with sexist romances and racist companions. This is a black operation - should you be found out and dragged to their reeducation camps ("bioware social network", as they call it), we can not help you.

Godspeed.

:hero:

deuxhero

Arcane
Go to BioWare's booth, wait for a RPS/Kotaku guy to pass by and cry very loud how they are all able-ist pigs.

Nononono

Complain about how Shep's underlings can't consent to sex with their CO and ask them why they support rape.

If you do some research on the subject, I'm sure you could get people to agree with you and it would be hilarious to turn the SJWs again eachother.

I just picture it as hours queueing,
Hundreds of booths selling merch, like Captain Kirk action figures.
A bunch of lectures, signings,

Feel free to prove me wrong, I hope for your sake you do.

Last edited:

eric__s

ass hater
Developer

I'm not going to be there, but if you stop by the Indie Megabooth you might run into my boy Liam (dude in this video) who's helping out. Don't think Barkley is there, but you could ask.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I just picture it as hours queueing,
then you walk in there and some (unobtainable) hot chicks are wearing revealing costumes,
Hundreds of booths selling merch, like Captain Kirk action figures.
A bunch of lectures, signings,

Feel free to prove me wrong, I hope for your sake you do.
I went to PAX West, which I think is a little bigger than PAX East, and spent most of my time working so I didn't really get to see anything. The only time I got to walk around was after everything was all shut down but except for the Indie Megabooth, which was like 1/32 the total size of the convention, it all seemed very corporate and AAA, the kind of stuff I'm really not interested in. I could see being interested in it if you're into more mainstream gaming, there was a big area for competitive moba games and a couple big companies had their own areas, but there seemed to be very little RPG and strategy game stuff, which is what I'm interested in. In fact, from what I remember, the only RPGs and strategy games were in the Indie Megabooth. So if you go to PAX, I'd suggest spending most of your time there because that's where the really interesting games are.

mindx2

Patron
Just got back and I am exhausted. I'll start to write something up about my experience at PAX East over the next several days. It will include my encounters with Chris Roberts, Tim Shafer, CliffyB and the popomole chaos that surrounded this show (I even have pictures)!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom