Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Off to PAX East tomorrow

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by mindx2, Apr 9, 2014.

1. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well my first foray into this type of event so I have no idea what to expect. Tomorrow night is the Star Citizen event then on Friday I'll be going to the "Future of PC gaming" forum where Chris Roberts will also be a panelist. Anyone ever been to these things? Any (sane/ non-Codexian) advice? :P

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  2. DragoFireheart all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DragoFireheart
    Enjoy the whores.

^ Top  
  3. The Glitterdust Golem Prophet Patron

The Glitterdust Golem
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Prepare to be kidnapped and lugged off to the one of the many variety of 'Social Issues' panels in where you shall be paraded around as an example towards the ableism in games today. I recommend either a flail, or a fake, empty wallet with which to guilt trip the white knighting bastards into buying you non-stop burgers.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  4. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Check the Ubisoft booth. I wonder if they're going to reveal anything about their next Might and Magic project there.

You could also hook up with cboyardee if he's gonna be there and maybe even play some Barkley 2/see them show it off.

Finally, you could write a properly Codexian report about the entire thing. You know you want to.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  5. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I've got to come up with something along those lines!!! Just wish I had a Codex t-shirt to wear. :troll:

That I just may do... :love:

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  6. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Bring smelling salts to protect you from the poorly ventilated locales filled with unwashed nerds.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    Yeah definitely take a tour of all the social justice panels and call every panelist ableist for not catering to you specifically.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  8. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    Enjoy your indie pixel art hipster games and emotionally engaging SJW experiences.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  9. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    see HHR, if you're going to trash PAX, everyone going there and don't want to look like a douche, you have to do it with tact and flair, like Stereotypical Villain's holocaust reference for example.

^ Top  
  10. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Isn't PAX mostly AAA these days, anyway?

^ Top  
  11. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Don't know for sure but there seems to be a bunch of table-top and board/ card game companies represented.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Go to BioWare's booth, wait for a RPS/Kotaku guy to pass by and cry very loud how they are all able-ist pigs.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  13. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Your destination should be clear:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Cholo Arcane

Cholo
    Yes... claim that their gay dragons are never transgendered enough or that their sex positive feminists aren't also polyfat-positive-privileged or something. The weather should be nice in Boston this weekend, have you been to Fenway? Sox are out of town this weekend but it should be fun to catch the games (YANKEES SUCK) at the right bar if the convention gets boring.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    You know what must be done. Go behind the enemy lines and sabotage them from within, filling Inquisition with sexist romances and racist companions. This is a black operation - should you be found out and dragged to their reeducation camps ("bioware social network", as they call it), we can not help you.

Godspeed.

:hero:

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  16. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Nononono

Complain about how Shep's underlings can't consent to sex with their CO and ask them why they support rape.

If you do some research on the subject, I'm sure you could get people to agree with you and it would be hilarious to turn the SJWs again eachother.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Getting a job at Bioware? Someone let Qwinn know.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    That would require SJWs to actually give a shit about people with real disabilities. How many twitter campaigns to convert The Last of Us into braille have you seen Shitaku pushing lately?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. rpgcodexusername Arcane

rpgcodexusername
    I just picture it as hours queueing,
    Hundreds of booths selling merch, like Captain Kirk action figures.
    A bunch of lectures, signings,

Feel free to prove me wrong, I hope for your sake you do.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    ^ Top  
  20. eric__s ass hater Developer

eric__s
    I'm not going to be there, but if you stop by the Indie Megabooth you might run into my boy Liam (dude in this video) who's helping out. Don't think Barkley is there, but you could ask.

^ Top  
  21. eric__s ass hater Developer

eric__s
    I went to PAX West, which I think is a little bigger than PAX East, and spent most of my time working so I didn't really get to see anything. The only time I got to walk around was after everything was all shut down but except for the Indie Megabooth, which was like 1/32 the total size of the convention, it all seemed very corporate and AAA, the kind of stuff I'm really not interested in. I could see being interested in it if you're into more mainstream gaming, there was a big area for competitive moba games and a couple big companies had their own areas, but there seemed to be very little RPG and strategy game stuff, which is what I'm interested in. In fact, from what I remember, the only RPGs and strategy games were in the Indie Megabooth. So if you go to PAX, I'd suggest spending most of your time there because that's where the really interesting games are.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Just got back and I am exhausted. I'll start to write something up about my experience at PAX East over the next several days. It will include my encounters with Chris Roberts, Tim Shafer, CliffyB and the popomole chaos that surrounded this show (I even have pictures)!

• Brofist Brofist x 21
    ^ Top  
  23. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Did you call him a jerk?

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  24. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    We already knew it would be like that, avoid "gamers" and everything related to them, they are toxic.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.