Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline [Official]Battle of the Century: Crispy vs Menckenstein (Info in OP)

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
DU is just editing the HTML to make it look like that.

Yeah, even I know how to do that.

Shamefur disprays all around from the site staff.
You will have to judge for yourselves.

The truth is, I was aware of Menckenstein's and Crispy's attempts to rig this match and let Crispy win. What Menckenstein was unaware of however, was that I knew of the plan to ignore the plan and throw Crispy to the curb.

Their shamefur attempts to corrupt the honour and integrity of this noble competition should not harm innocent users however. But... their actions must be punished. As such, the following will occur:
- All bets will be honoured. Gimme a day to go through the thread and do all of those.
- As punishment for his participation in this act of treason, Crispy shall have the dishonour of wearing the custom tag "13-0". Someone will have to make that.
- As well as Emma's sad-face as an avatar for a period of one month.
- Menckenstein, for his part in this corrupt collusion, shall have his brofist count reset to 0.
- agentorange will be freed from Prosperland and shall have to live with the shame that his freedom was won with such dishonour and corruption.
- I will give Bruticis a custom tag of his choosing for being such a bro and hosting this. Again, someone's gonna have to make that.
phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Crispy getting a slap on the wrist really. This is way more lenient than what he himself originally proposed - that we'd vote on his fate.

Cassidy

Arcane
Crispy getting a slap on the wrist really. This is way more lenient than what he himself originally proposed - that we'd vote on his fate.

How is that surprising? Pity nobody can sneak a hidden camera where the High-Powered Business Meetings between Crispy and Dark Underlord happen to show absolute proof of what already is obvious.

LundB

Mistakes were made.

The truth is, I was aware of Menckenstein's and Crispy's attempts to rig this match and let Crispy win. What Menckenstein was unaware of however, was that I knew of the plan to ignore the plan and throw Crispy to the curb.

Their shamefur attempts to corrupt the honour and integrity of this noble competition should not harm innocent users however. But... their actions must be punished. As such, the following will occur:
- All bets will be honoured. Gimme a day to go through the thread and do all of those.
- As punishment for his participation in this act of treason, Crispy shall have the dishonour of wearing the custom tag "13-0". Someone will have to make that.
- Menckenstein, for his part in this corrupt collusion, shall have his brofist count reset to 0.
- agentorange will be freed from Prosperland and shall have to live with the shame that his freedom was won with such dishonour and corruption.
- I will give Bruticis a custom tag of his choosing for being such a bro and hosting this. Again, someone's gonna have to make that.

Don't worry Menck, I'll lawyer up for you. Menck bet all his brofists, 19,859 of them.

Now, obviously the results should all go into effect at once. This means that Menck will lose 19,859 brofists, his total count as of the adoption of these consequences.

HOWEVER

Since "All bets will be honoured.", he should also GAIN 19,589 brofists, leaving him exactly where he started. This liberal interpretation of the law can be considered fair as he did not go through with his plan to let Crispy win, and planning a crime is not the same as committing it.

I rest my case.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Don't worry Menck, I'll lawyer up for you. Menck bet all his brofists, 19,859 of them.

Now, obviously the results should all go into effect at once. This means that Menck will lose 19,859 brofists, his total count as of the adoption of these consequences.

HOWEVER

Since "All bets will be honoured.", he should also GAIN 19,589 brofists, leaving him exactly where he started. This liberal interpretation of the law can be considered fair as he did not go through with his plan to let Crispy win, and planning a crime is not the same as committing it.

I rest my case.

Post theme:

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
"- As punishment for his participation in this act of treason, Crispy shall have the dishonour of wearing the custom tag "13-0". Someone will have to make that.
- As well as Emma's sad-face as an avatar for a period of one month."

A difference of opinion over view perspectives in videogames ends up you up with a load of offensive tags whilst Codex treason gets you this weak-ass month-long lashing? Nonsensical, as is the norm on the Codex. I guess long-standing members get special privileges/leniency, which is perhaps understandable.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"- As punishment for his participation in this act of treason, Crispy shall have the dishonour of wearing the custom tag "13-0". Someone will have to make that.
- As well as Emma's sad-face as an avatar for a period of one month."

A difference of opinion over view perspectives in videogames ends up you up with a load of offensive tags whilst Codex treason gets you this weak-ass month-long lashing? Nonsensical, as is the norm on the Codex. I guess long-standing members get special privileges/leniency, which is perhaps understandable.
But you deserve your punishment, CyberP. In your heart, you know it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It is likely there will still be a vote on his fate. I just can't remember all the bets and shit everyone said right now and won't be going through the thread until later.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
But you deserve your punishment, CyberP. In your heart, you know it.

What is this nonsense? I should be the deity of incline by this point. No justice here; in this domain only the wicked reign, hence Dark Underlord.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Crispy's lot was to play the role of the opponent the Champion(tm) would slaughter. This is a tale retold again and again through the *repetition of the great wheel of time.
He showed up even though he was in way over his head fully knowing what would likely happen, for that he gets my respect. The arena battle, though short, was enough to satiate my crys for Justice.
Menck himself wishes to show mercy to you Crispy so this melodramatic sulking is just disrespectful. The People's Hero is merciful, show your thanks by accepting it.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I have freed agentorange.

In other news, I have prosperized CyberP.

Because as one leaves, one must also enter.

Also he was getting a bit whiny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom