Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao that shit predates Picard? WTF.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Except STO did it better, making look PIC even worse.
Here, the empire simply was too busy with internal power struggles to keep the outer colonies in check. And when they finally try to strongarm them back, those were ready to sign the declarashun of independence and form a nation of freedom. Spaceelf 'murica! :salute::salute::salute:

But they did a nice rags-to-riches story, where you start as a dirt farmer, help finding a new planet, form a fledgling nation, rise to power...and become a dilithium farmer. :hahano:

Yes, they are basically pointy eared Feds, but since they are the underdogs, it makes sense that you are always alone. They can only spare one ship, but they gladly send it to help.:salute:

As opposed to the real Feds, who have thousands, but somehow it's always captain newguy in his 50yo Miranda having to save the galaxy. Alone. Because everyone else is busy saving an endangered pink dotted snail somewhere I guess...

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Anyone see what the playerbase thought about the Klingon civil war? it was pretty fucking lulzy with the Discovery shit thrown into it.

Anyone see what the playerbase thought about the Klingon civil war? it was pretty fucking lulzy with the Discovery shit thrown into it.

Haven't played since the Delta Rising expac which could only be beaten by the P2W T6 ships. What did they do this time?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Haven't played since the Delta Rising expac which could only be beaten by the P2W T6 ships. What did they do this time?
In Klingon civil war story arc they killed off previous high chancellor and made some female klingon from Discovery the high chancellor in the game, and the missions sucked fucking ass, even worse than Iconian storyline.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
At least they seem to have somewhat learned from that disaster. They did not jump the PIC wagon this time and the mirror universe arc is pretty good so far.
Too bad that with their small team you only get one mission every 3 months. At best.
Quarterly visits are enough.

It's a bit of a mystery to me how they keep the whales entertained anyways.
Well, maybe the decent SNW show brings a steady stream of new filthy casuals to the yard now. They will definitely cash in on that show next year, so ironically STO will end up being the longest running Star Trek something ever, holding the torch while everything else fizzles.:hahano:

Codex Year of the Donut
last time I played, this is how it went:
logged in, saw the lower decks doff cards, alt+f4'd
don't put that disgusting artwork in my game

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
Did they actually include anything with that CalArts Brick-and-Mortar looking style? That's pretty tone deaf, and I say that being well aware that the 60s sci fi from TOS had been added before. I've quit a long time ago because the raised level cap annoyed me and I assumed it would ruin balance (and I didn't want to grind for high end gear all over again when I just got done painstakingly optimizing what I had).
Also now the game has STD and I don't want to engage with it anymore..
Is a pity though, having the ship and ground combat things was neat. The only similar MMO I'm aware of was Pirates of the burning sea. Which is also still live if you can believe that but it's way too old and janky for my taste.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Did they actually include anything with that CalArts Brick-and-Mortar looking style?
You mean Lower Decks? A few weapons, the uniform and the Dorritos ship in lockboxes. But as "normal" looking 3d renders.
The DOFF cards were just a promo joke, Cryptic didn't even have more infos than the announcment trailer for the show and had to work with only that.
Mariner is okay to slot if you have nothing else (chance to give ovenshields on tac team), but otherwise completely ignorable. Only usable as Fedling anyways.

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
rrWn6ed.png

Chart of the Iconian's overall proxy war on the galaxy. Servitors: Elachi, Solanae, Bluegills, Vaudwaar, Tal Shiar. They also provoked Species 8472 into attacking in their own war, via a false flag attack on fluidic space.

ubeiVGx.png

Interesting map someone made showing the area of STO's in-game map, which only covers the yellow boxes.

I was gonna cross post my review of STO's story from the Star Trek Games thread, but there doesn't seem much point; everyone here knows STO well enough I imagine.

today is a bad day to die.
i lost my press account with everything unlocked, if i want to play again it's from 0. anyone feeling like throwing any freebie this way? Norfleet ?

damn, i had like 400 doffs, most of them purple, i could crit any mission, max score in almost all those things, the coolest oldest ships... all lost, like tears in rain.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom