Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OFFICIAL Phage Prediction for Fallout 4 twists / plot (post your predictions here too)

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Here you can post your predictions for FO4's plot and big twist.

I will start. Mark these words!

The big twist in Fallout 4 will be that you're an android with false memories.

I'm also going to predict that the story will go something like as follows:

- You 'awaken' from cryogenic sleep.
- Everyone else in your vault is dedzo
- You wander into a nearby town and see flashbacks of the prewar days (implying that Bethesda won't reuse those assets from the trailer lol)
- You go to Boston because why not
- Major factions in Boston are The Institute, The Railroad and Brotherhood of Steel
- Main plot will revolve around androids and androids rights
- Through some contrivance related to your androidness you will have to determine the fate of all androids something like the following:
[Good] Release all the androids to be totally free forever +1000 karma
[Evil] Enslave all the other androids and hand them over to either The Institute or The Brotherhood (slaves for the first, soldiers for the second) -1000 karma
[Todd] Destroy all the other androids!!!!

Possible that this fate will be determined by plugging your android brain into a giant transmitter that people are fighting over or something.

Mark those words boyz.

Also post your own stupid inferior predictions as well

Azeot

Arbiter
if this was the plot, it'd still be better than the one the game is actually gonna have

If it really is all about androids, then I'm sure they won't miss a chance to include an in-joke about a positronic brain and one N. Soong. . .

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
More stuff:

- There will be a radioactive monster to fight at fenway called The Green Monster (to be fair fucking everyone has called that)
- There will be some kind of Blade Runner / Do Androids reference with all the Android shit even though neither of those relate to the Fallout timeline at all
- Some kind of Red Sox references and quests
- Some kind of Red Sox baseball bat weapon
- After you find out you're an android there will be AUGMENTATIONS (which will end up being minor SPECIAL bonuses)
- There will be no explanation at all why your character didn't realize he had no need to eat/sleep and couldn't simply feel his mechanical limbs. Actually you will probably still get to eat/drink and there will be a contrivance that you're just so advanced that you have a metabolism

ALSO - the reason why you specifically will be free from the effects of the transmitter mcguffin that can enslave all the androids is because you're a special experimental android, which is why you have fake memories and stuff. Also possibly the reason why you can use the mcguffin.

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
some very obvious minor stuff

- a dialogue option: "Time to die."
- a lot, and I mean a lot, of talk about INDEPENDENCE.
- lots of stuff to do with tea and tea parties.
- a powdered wig item you can wear.
- something to do with Harvard, because Massachusetts and Boston are the same thing . they'll call it something like The University. there will be people who act like preppies.

bananaBaboon

Novice
[DLC] You convince Bos/TI/randomMorallyWhiteGroup #N that androids are human and they live happily ever after. Babies et all.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
- something to do with Harvard, because Massachusetts and Boston are the same thing . they'll call it something like The University. there will be people who act like preppies.

To be fair Cambridge is considered a part of the Boston metropolitan area so including it wouldn't be a stretch really.

The game will likely have very squished geography to fit in a bunch of landmarks.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
  • There will be a huge decision based around the moral implications of Artificial Intelligence. Strong references to the Turing program and Do Robots Dream of Electric Sheep.
    • You as the player will need to ask yourself hard questions about when does a machine become a person and when is it right or wrong to control said machine.

THERE WILL BE EXPLOSHUNS

:hearnoevil:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm curious whether they'll find more plot elements to rip off from the original games, or if they're done doing that.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
-It will have at least one character so horribly written that it will make Moira from "Fallout" 3 seem like Dr House or Michael Corleone by comparison.

pippin

The presence of Paul Revere's statue makes me fear a synthetic will try to become "the Paul Revere of our new humanateeeee".

Or perhaps some quest like that Lincoln shit from 3.

you have to kill post-apoc SJWs who want ghoul and supermutant equality, it's fucke d up ui know but that's the post-apocalypse for youm don't play a bethesda game to see unicorns and rainvows kids

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
umm look at these face animations

robot protag confirmed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom