Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oh Snap! Twitcher 2 Dev Slams Bioware's Subpar Graphics!

20 Eyes

Liturgist
OH NO HE DIDN'T

So it's come to this. The developers of RPGs establish the quality of their game by engaging in cat-fights over the level of graphics.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
He's a moran. He talks a lot but says nothing - espicially since The Witcher's successes is largely based on piggybacking on BIO's rep. LMFAO

Plus, The Witcher and The Witcher 2 most likely, seem suck.

NEWSFLASH: Your graphics aren't better. Your writing is shit. Your real time combat is horrible. Your game is completely black and white. Not to mention, unlike DA, your entire game is rippiong off someone else's work.

I like the way he brags about the work the actual writer did years ago. Needs to work on someone else's creativity. BIO had more creativity when they ripping off DnD and SW.

HAHAHA!

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Volourn said:

NEWSFLASH: Your graphics aren't better. Your writing is shit. Your real time combat is horrible. Your game is completely black and white. Not to mention, unlike DA, your entire game is rippiong off someone else's work.

I can't help but admire this statement even though I disagree.

:salute:

Arcanoix

Scholar
Volourn said:

Graphics are better than any plastic-looking BioWare game I've seen to date. Sorry Volly but you're wrong. Writing? Wrong again. The narrative in Twitcher destroys any generic shit ME/DA has. It's not too much better, but it IS better.

Volourn said:
I like the way he brags about the work the actual writer did years ago. Needs to work on someone else's creativity. BIO had more creativity when they ripping off DnD and SW.

BioWare's last creative game was the BG series. Get Over It.

All in all -

Volourn said:
I'm a BioWare fanboi, suck suck suck, slurp slurp.

MapMan

Arcane
Tomasz Gop said:
That’s quite easy, actually. There are a few things that I can easily find. First, we don’t have a generic fantasy world. I mean [the author] Andrzej Sapkowski spent a huge part of his life doing this. It’s comfortable for us. It’s consistent, it’s really working. Everything is kind of logical in this world, and it works out well for us. The other thing–I don’t really think it is possible to distinguish some of the things you’re choosing between as ‘good or bad’ or ‘good and evil.’ We always like to think about when you have a choice in The Witcher, it’s more like what I would actually do.

It’s not black and white, and that’s the most important thing. And we look better. I mean, sorry, seriously–I love Bethesda, BioWare games, I play them. But, c’mon. You cannot be indifferent to that, you cannot omit the difference. We simply look better.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One of the comments in that link cracked me up:

haha. Well better graphics is better graphics. Can’t argue against facts.

HOWEVER, DA2 is better than Witcher 2 in every other department. Story, Character, Writing, Voice-acting, Music, Player-Base Maturity, Lady Friends more likely to look down on you for playing Witcher2 than if you play DA2, etc.

THE BIOWARE FANS ARE MORE MATURE THAN WITCHER FANS!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also what the fuck is that last point supposed to mean. If your ladyfriends (I'm not even sure if he's referring to girlfriends here or merely to female friends) look down on your for playing a game, they're pretty shitty friends. Also, chances are that the Bioware fanbase doesn't even have friends of the other gender, be they male fans or female fans, judging from the obsession with virtual romance.

Dr.Faust

Liturgist
He mentions a lot of things, like their writing being superior, but of course the only thing people pick up from that quote are the graphics. :x

roll-a-die

Magister
Volourn-Annotated and Corrected said:
He's a moranmoron. He talks a lot but says nothing - espicially especially since The Witcher's successes is largely based on piggybacking on BIO's rep. LMFAO-Not really it's success was really built over a long time of word of mouth, and with continued support of the game. Even then the game wasn't a massive success, selling around 1.4 million copies in 3 years.

Plus, The Witcher, and The Witcher 2 most likely, seem suck.

NEWSFLASH: Your graphics aren't better.-Fact check
mass-effect-2-screeny.jpg

mass effect, released 2007-
49663-the-witcher.jpg

-The witcher released 2007
Your writing is shit.-Ehm, this is a matter of opinion I prefer the witcher, especially once they got most of the kinks out of their english. Mass Effect was just droll.

Your real time combat is horrible. - At least it's not an easy as balls tps

Your game is completely black and white.- As are bioware's games.

Not to mention, unlike DA, your entire game is rippiongripping off someone else's work.- As opposed to ripping off everyone's work. as they did in DA. I mean you've got the whole fallen empire that took magic to highest points of all time before transgressing horribly and destroying the majority of their empire.(Rome, Dwemer, The Forgotten Realms People Whose names I forget.) You've got the Dwarves who have regress horribly, being beaten back by a horde of creatures, worshipping ancestors and in underground tunnels.(Warhammer Fantasy,) You've got elves recently freed from slavery, being a subject of prejudice and lacking the immortality of their kind.(Errberon and fucking WoW,) You've got a world spanning religion, with a an arm devoted to hunting witches, and decending from a female prophet.(The Catholic Church and all it's relevant Expies, and Joan of Arc for the prophet.) You've got psyker's-stroke-mages, who connect to a great and powerful spirit realm that opens them to corruption and so are typically confined to a life of near slavery at the hands of the dominant religion.(WH40K, WH Fantasy,)

I like the way he brags about the work the actual writer did years ago. Needs to work on someone else's creativity. BIO had more creativity when they ripping off DnD and SW.-I'm starting to agree with people on this regard, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is not a star wars game. But rather a forgotten realms in space game. I mean it uses star wars terminology, but Jedi or Sith might as well be replaced with the word cleric or paladin/Blackguard for how ever much it matters.

HAHAHA!I am a retard

Frankly the witcher graphics look uninspired (almost like the DA:O ones), while DA2 has a very strong flair and are quite stylized. DA2 wins it for me.
CD Projekt sure got cocky for a group of people that used to do almost nothing but polish translations of Bioware games.
I actually just finished playing Witcher. The story was decent, but it can't compare to the story in Dragon Age. Dragon age writing wins hands down. I will reserve my judgment on the graphics until I see both sequels on my computer. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will still prefer Dragon Age over Witcher for one because the story will be more compelling and two I get to personalize my protagonist.
Gotta laugh at the non-generic world thing though. What, exactly, makes their setting all that more "unique" than any other fantasy world (vis a vis TW)? Hey, elite warrior-types in an imposing castles! Hey, sorcerers/magic-users! Hey, werewolves, weird monsters, mystical stones...and alchemy! Wow, I've never seen those in other fantasy games - nope.
Meh, the Witcher 2 might look 'prettier', but I'm 99% sure Dragon Age 2 will be a better game with a better overall experience. Also, I think it's really cheap saying that "we don’t have a generic fantasy world" and that "I don’t really think it is possible to distinguish some of the things you’re choosing between as ‘good or bad’ or ‘good and evil.", implying that Dragon Age has a generic fantasy world and it's choices being clearly evil or good. Those are actually things that Bioware did really well in Origins, setting up that choices are more grey than good/bad, and establishing a non-generic fantasy world while still retaining the core aspects of fantasy.

Overall, it sounds like the guys working on the Witcher are afraid because they know Bioware is great at doing these types of game, and they know they will have a hard time getting a piece of the cake. At least the impression I'm getting.
The nail in the coffin for TW(for me) is that I have to play their character. I get it! It's based on some books, so Geralt can't be a girl, or have black hair, or whatever. That doesn't negate the fact that I don't want to be an albino badboy whose super power is being sexy to ladies(hello, nerd fantasy
From what I've read about The Witcher, it's a lot of sex for the sake of sex, which is really kind of infantile. The sex cards are a huge indicator of that.

DraQ

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
One of the comments in that link cracked me up:

haha. Well better graphics is better graphics. Can’t argue against facts.

HOWEVER, DA2 is better than Witcher 2 in every other department. Story, Character, Writing, Voice-acting, Music, Player-Base Maturity, Lady Friends more likely to look down on you for playing Witcher2 than if you play DA2, etc.

THE BIOWARE FANS ARE MORE MATURE THAN WITCHER FANS!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Indeed, they are - proof:
cailan_motivational_by_hc_iiix-d3104wp.jpg

*noms volly's head*

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Stainless Veteran said:
There was a topic discussing just this quotes on Bio forums. Got locked fust though. While it lasted, bio fans gave Volly run for the money in field of, ah, logical thinking.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/5997433

Best part of that thread is when the person posts the metascore ratings of TW vs DAO as if thats supposed to prove something.

Felix

Arcane
I remember some parts from TW but I can't remember shit from DA except monkey hands and faggy faces.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Volourn said:
:decline:

Someone can like or hate a game for various reasons, but that post was full of nonsense. What's the matter Volly, CD Projekt giving a hard time to Bioware offends you?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is so pathetic watching the Bioware fanboys trying to convince them self that the cookie cutter cliché fantasy of Dragon age is unique and special.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
CrimsonAngel said:
It is so pathetic watching the Bioware fanboys trying to convince them self that the cookie cutter cliché fantasy of Dragon age is unique and special.

What are you on about? France, Spain and England are Bioware's original and innovative IP.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Volourn said:
The Witcher's successes is largely based on piggybacking on BIO's rep.

Yeah, every TWitcher interview and game review mentions Bioware, right?

Volourn said:

Too bad you don't know, since you never played them.

Volourn said:
Your graphics aren't better.

Says the man who thinks that NWN had good graphics. And you wouldn't know, you've had your head stuck to David Gaider's asshole the whole time. You've never seen a single screen shot.

Volourn said:
Your writing is shit.

Bullshit.

Volourn said:
Your real time combat is horrible.

Unlike in DA, where it is abysmal.

Volourn said:
Your game is completely black and white.

Bullshit, it has several colours. Again, you wouldn't know since you've never played the game or seen the screenshots (see the point about having face stuck to DGaider's fat ass the whole time)

Volourn said:
Not to mention, unlike DA, your entire game is rippiong off someone else's work.

No dear Volourn, there is a difference to being based on something and ripping something off. And you know, there is not a single unique element in DA:O or DA2, setting or story wise.

Volourn said:
BIO had more creativity when they ripping off DnD and SW.

If you compare to their recent games, then sure. They had more creativity then. Too bad that nowadays they have none.

Volourn said:

Indeed.

Volourn said:
a moran - espicially - rippiong

English motherfucker, you speak it?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Six of one, half dozen of the other. The Witcher games aren't noticeably any better (or worse) than what Bioware has recently put out.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Volly, Volly never changes. :lol:

He still lives in his dream world aka Gaider's arse.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Metro said:
Six of one, half dozen of the other. The Witcher games aren't noticeably any better (or worse) than what Bioware has recently put out.

Games? I was under the impression that only one Witcher game was made and it was a debut effort on a budget much less than that of Bioware using in part an old Bioware engine. There is only one other Witcher game and since I doubt that you've played it(it not being released yet) then I don't understand how you know that it's not better than any Bioware game.

Oh, and Volly is a fuckstick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom