Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Oh!

thesecret1

Arcane
Playing non human characters is fine but playing as black characters is not because its 2020 and blackface is not OK. You also can't play as chinamen BTW
This is some weird timing.

heGw2NA.png
I support this movement. Only allow the protagonist to be a straight, white male, otherwise you are a racist and/or an incel.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Their own damned fault for moving away from ashen-faced Drow towards blackface ones. Even the stupid covers of the Salvatore novels were guilty of that - and were in conflict with the descriptions inside the novels.
Alright. Let's say I concede the point. (Which I don't. You have to be a moron to conflate Drow with blacks just because the colour of their skin has the same name) What about Orcs though? Is that Wizards' fault as well?

I mean this version of Drizzt:

d-d_forgotten_realms_-_drizzt_dourden_as_he_appears_on_the_crystal_shard_by_larry_elmore-png.112158

all approved by WotC. So someone was a moron to confuse that with a negro, you say?

No opinion on Orcs. Just wanted to rant about the idiotic "artistic choice" above.
Well, I can pull out 10 pictures of Drizzt that don't make him look as a stereotypical negroid, and dozens of other drow. I could make a point about cherrypicking examples and the folly therein. But there's not much of a point when you pick a picture from fucking 1988 and tell me it's "approved by WotC" and the cause of idiocy in fucking 2020. There is a reason it is suddenly problematic 32 years after the fact, and that reason can't be Wizards.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Their own damned fault for moving away from ashen-faced Drow towards blackface ones. Even the stupid covers of the Salvatore novels were guilty of that - and were in conflict with the descriptions inside the novels.
Alright. Let's say I concede the point. (Which I don't. You have to be a moron to conflate Drow with blacks just because the colour of their skin has the same name) What about Orcs though? Is that Wizards' fault as well?

I mean this version of Drizzt:

d-d_forgotten_realms_-_drizzt_dourden_as_he_appears_on_the_crystal_shard_by_larry_elmore-png.112158

all approved by WotC. So someone was a moron to confuse that with a negro, you say?

No opinion on Orcs. Just wanted to rant about the idiotic "artistic choice" above.
Well, I can pull out 10 pictures of Drizzt that don't make him look as a stereotypical negroid, and dozens of other drow. I could make a point about cherrypicking examples and the folly therein. But there's not much of a point when you pick a picture from fucking 1988 and tell me it's "approved by WotC" and the cause of idiocy in fucking 2020. There is a reason it is suddenly problematic 32 years after the fact, and that reason can't be Wizards.

Yes, the reason isn't 100% just Wizards. But by going the way of that pic, Wizards courted the demographic which is the reason. Wizards invited the scrutiny of the unmentionable things, and now they are paying the price.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I only play as white characters, yes.

It is a fantasy game after all, so you can pretend to be white and make your dreams come true.

smug.png

Who was it that did their DNA test? was it Bester? And he found out he was mostly Askenazi Jew. See where I'm going with this...?

But yeah, why would you play as black if you're white?
:dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom