Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay, so where's the news page gone?

chaedwards

Liturgist
Damnable hackers.

Lomer

Liturgist
My guess is the culprit is some Troika’s programmer enraged by Saint’s latest comments on BL :D .

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Fucking shit. It looks like those Brazilian shitheads who hacked my site a few weeks ago did it to the Codex as well.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The index.php and index.htm read:
H4ck3rsBr Group

They also uploaded a file called b.txt and tmp.php

Taluntain's server must be compromised or something's wrong with Calis's PHP.

What a bunch of faggots. They did the same to GBXEmu last week, too, but that site got hit much worse because they deleted everything and tried to blackmailing them into paying a thousand dollars. The nerve.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Just google those faggots. You'll come up with 14,000+ links of sites they've defaced and some of those links contain lists of sites defaced by them (I've found a list for Korean sites they've defaced, which comes to over 1300).

Seems to me like that what they do is run a spider that goes through every PHPBB, PHPNUKE and VB site and injects the same MySQL code that they did to our site through the use of an exploit. They've been doing this for quite some time now, and due to the high number of sites they've defaced I don't think they've personally attended to each and every one of them unless they have no life.

Granted, that could be the case...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom