Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oldschool crpg: development in progress

AlexYeCu

Novice

Can't understand why the parser can not show pictures…
Does not matter.
Well, at april 2020 (quarantine!) I've startdet developing of this game.

Crossroad in the Void: when the Ancients rise.

Party first person crpg.
Original universe.
Mechanics are between MMVII and MMV/MMX/WizVII.

Engine: love2d + 3dreamengine.

Plans: finishing the mechanics during this yesr, storyline, quests, texts — next year.

Problems: well, watch the videos, you'll find some.

AlexYeCu

Novice
Who's going to translate it into English?
Strange question from the person with such a picture under the nick…
Well, there are possibilities to make translation to other languages: flags in code, separated files for localized texts, etc.
I'm planning to discuss the russian-english translation with some people, who knows english well (at the level professional translators) a bit later.
But may be I'll need one more step: some correction or reworking from those who knows english like native language.
But anyway, I'm planning to create detailed lore and storyline nest year.
I'm planning to finish mechanics during this year. And find some 2d and 3d artists who wants to make the game, not only to fill their portfolio or make some art for Artstation-like sites.
I'm also thinking about optimization: do not want to spent time (partly) porting the project to another engine for better performance, but thinkng about this possibility too.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm planning to discuss the russian-english translation with some people, who knows english well (at the level professional translators) a bit later.
Ask this guy. He's a former codexian and he works in the translation business, he's very good. He'll probably be able to put you in contact with someone.

The reason I'm asking is because you can't check the quality yourself and a lot of Russians are horrible at translating, yet manage fool people into giving them contracts. It makes me cringe every time.

I'm planning to create detailed lore and storyline nest year.
Looking forward to reading the excerpts here.

AlexYeCu

Novice

Up. Mental magic, elemental magic, carnage and shooting. All robbers eliminated by heroic party of adventurers. Even before using by enemy their secret weapon: to halt before switching a turn.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Are the visuals placeholders or is that the style you'll be using going forward?

AlexYeCu

Novice
Are the visuals placeholders or is that the style you'll be using going forward?
Tiles: the level of art I want to see in the game. Looks simple, readable and nice.
Models of robbers: made by me. I hope, that's a placeholder, you can find some low-poly models, made by a person who is much more skilled in 3d-modelling than me in the top-posts's clips.
Portraits, UI, effects: placeholders. I hope.

Looking for artists and modelleres to replace placeholders with better art: that is the actual aim of this topic.

AlexYeCu

Novice
Oh, in english:
AI battle: testing fight versus several fractions.
Necromancy and flaying.

AlexYeCu

Novice

Thievery.
Remember, adventurer: humanism and rubber batons are not discovered in this medieval world yet… Be careful…

AlexYeCu

Novice
Background…

Everything according to the precepts of the Ancients.
False medieval-fantasy world, all magic and miracles are based on the forgotten technologies.
Like «My lord, watching me from the high sky, incinerate my enemies with your anger!»: «Processing call… …granted… …Ion cannon ready… …targeting …Fire!».
Aggressive creatures are the aftermaths of experiments and catastrophes of the past.
The legacy of destroyed civilization is going to activate «dead hand's will» to eliminate all population.
So called demons and so called gods have their own plans about the planet and it's inhabitants.
And the last Ancients are not wise and noble super-humans unfortunately but just another problem.
And there are a few heroes… …well, persons who can become heroes in future… …in a small wooden fort near a trade route.
They can save the world or finally destroy.

---

Well, you can watch something like this in Might and Magic and Wizardry series, and even in Eschalon books partly.
I have the prehistory, some key-quests and three super-tasks. I also plan to create 3 games… The reason: it's too hard to create on scaled games, so three main arcs will be splitted between three episodes.
Geography and toponyms are less or more ready, fractions too, bestiary has a lot of white spots at the current moment.

Mustawd

5ujsmh0cany01.jpg

AlexYeCu

Novice
No! It's a predator (look at it's fangs!) not a rodent!
Well, anyway I'm looking for well-skilled 3d-modellers and 2d-artists. Now you understand why.

AlexYeCu

Novice

Some inner alchemy and a bit of necrobiosis. Buffs also.

P.S. That's the only site I know where mouse buffer does not work.

AlexYeCu

Novice
So, CitV project has been switched to Unity engine.
Video of the dev-progress is here:

AlexYeCu

Novice
I liked the simplistic charm of late 90s graphics better :negative: It had style.

Well, good news for you.: Unity version has been dropped for some reason. Bad news for me: the project still needs 3d artists, working with low-poly and 2d artists for UI and may be portraits. And someone for items in inventory…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom