Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OMFG GRIMOIRE BEGINS "FINAL BETA" ITS HAPPENING!!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
AndhairaX said:
Exciting news to be sure. Who knows, this might be for real and Grimoire might be released in march.

Proof that andhaira is the best troll ever.

LazyD

Liturgist
Does anyone honestly give a shit about this anymore??

HONESTLY???!!11

Codex reveals ITZ true nature, lolis and djinns

857823001826F.JPG

grimgrimoire-20070423002327793-000.jpg
MeriStation_GrimGrimoire_6pe.jpg

grimgrimoire14.jpg
grimgrimoire15.jpg
grimgrimoire06.jpg
grimgrimoire01.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
He finished development long ago. There is only a single bug that he hasn't been able to figure out for the last 5+ years: the game BSODs the OS frequently. He's been systematically rewriting the existing code, in hope of eliminating the bug and sometimes he thinks he finally nailed it, but then it BSODs again. That's why he'll never release it. I'm beginning to think he's schizo and his split personality is making sure that the game will BSOD everytime the other half gets rid of it.

St. Toxic

Arcane
What's the deal with 3dfx anyway? I mean, why does everything look so much better on 3dfx compared even to current generation graphics hardware?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It actually writes to the Windows GDI with an assembly language copy of an offscreen buffer constructed in memory. You'd be surprised at how fast this thing runs - you can get 80 fps easily with a full screen refresh.

This guarantees it will run even on a dinosaur with Win 95 installed. Using OpenAL now for the sound library so I think that is supported on Win OS going back to Win 95.

This will be quite easy to port to other systems when the time comes because of the extremely small OS-dependent portions of the code.

Almost all system level faults were fixed years ago.

Right now I am just testing combats, over and over again, to ferret out bad data and adjust existing monsters for right challenge level and balance. This is the last job to do before I can put it into beta testing. All else : done. done. done. done.

Of course the sequel will be written in Unity3d Pro. I actually have finished the level editor for the sequel already.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Cleveland Mark Blakemore said:
Of course the sequel will be written in Unity3d Pro. I actually have finished the level editor for the sequel already.

This is why the game will never be finished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom