Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the avarice of Crispy

Should crispy do the noble thing and relinquish the money?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
ljFUZyL.jpg

tenor.gif
Oh wow.

You getting half was never the agreement???

Your attitude stinks and you're a bad man. A bigger Jew than Infinitron.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh wow.

Can't quote DU's entire post for some reason, so I'll have to link to it, but it doesn't sound that clear cut. The messages seem to suggest asf was aware that Crispy would get half, and whilst unhappy about it, agreed to go ahead.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-server-upgrade-drive.137586/page-7#post-7229964

This part of the exchange in particular makes it sound as though everyone knew what they were getting into.

Whether you like it or not, if you pay the $1000.00, I'm getting half of it.
Well, I can't help that, but sounds like a waste of good funding.
:hmmm:

I agree to this. $1k single donation, Crispy gets half. For the greater good of the Codex.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That exchange only makes it look worse. Crispy made the demand even though he's nobody, and DU went along with it.

Point was more that if the order of those PMs is true, Asf was fully aware of what he was consenting to.

In particular:

In response to Crispy gloating that he'd get half. Sounds like reluctant consent to me.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh wow.

Can't quote DU's entire post for some reason, so I'll have to link to it, but it doesn't sound that clear cut. The messages seem to suggest asf was aware that Crispy would get half, and whilst unhappy about it, agreed to go ahead.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/codex-server-upgrade-drive.137586/page-7#post-7229964

This part of the exchange in particular makes it sound as though everyone knew what they were getting into.

Whether you like it or not, if you pay the $1000.00, I'm getting half of it.
:hmmm:

I agree to this. $1k single donation, Crispy gets half. For the greater good of the Codex.

there's also this screenshot of the private conversation between the three of them
SX6WXpB.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
That exchange only makes it look worse. Crispy made the demand even though he's nobody, and DU went along with it.
If someone's offering money to take your power away, you'd have to be a loser to not demand a cut.
And consequently, the moral of the story is that DU is a good guy for giving Crisper a share despite not being obliged to.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
If someone's offering money to take your power away, you'd have to be a loser to not demand a cut.
There is no reason why Crispy needed to be part of the conversation. He only holds those powers by the grace of his lord DU.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Crispy, I have always found you loathsome and pathetic, but with this "trade" you have had with that machine called asfdfa or whatever, it is obvious you are far superior to many here. To think you would actually extract financial good from harassing random idiots here...

Well done, you really deserve genuine respect. Pay no attention to moralising busybodies here, keep that money and spend it well (or do whatever pleases you).

As for the machine, lmao at it crying and accusing Crispy of some perceived vice, not even God cares about it. He should get a custom tag saying "Supreme CUCK!" or something for paying a stranger on the internet to not moderate some piece of forum space.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Power should've been taken away without compensation if it was abused. And that is why asfasdf donated money: to rectify such a wrong that shouldn't have required money to be solved in the first place.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
My keeping the money is actually for the greater good of the Codex, since it's so fucking funny that you'd actually pay that much money to simply have my Shoutbox moderator controls taken away.

We'll be laughing about this for years!
Wait a minute he paid you 500 bucks to not have you a moderator in shoutbox? That's scary.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As we all know, if you are in a position of authority, you are expected to not pay taxes since that is only for dumb weak people. Crispy is merely asserting his god given right to ignore the law as shown by the recent example of our country's highest leadership. Who would respect a sheriff who actually believed the law applied to him?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will Crispy, a self described sheriff and champion of the law, do the right thing and turn himself into the authorities?
First off, this top tier level of shitposting would be one of the few times Kruno might be jealous of someone else. And second, this one alone would be reason enough for the shitposter tag in my eyes...

In any case, quite amusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom