Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Once more into the breach! (EU3 MP thread)

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by MasterSmithFandango, Dec 12, 2011.

1. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Yeah, let's get some gentlemen rules out of the way. I'll compile a list when I'm drunk tonight and proofread it tomorrow. The biggest thing we need to establish is a host, so if anyone is able to do that, that would be great. Also some general sub rules and whatnot. Plus, I think it was Mal who was uploading the stats last time... if we could get that done again, that'd be great.

^ Top  
  2. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    room for another?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Absolutely hoodoo, you're in.

^ Top  
  4. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Anyone checked the mod files I posted?

^ Top  
  5. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Is that a joke? On the speed setting we usually played (2 or max 3 lines of speed) Byzantium is going to be incredibly boring. Its also rather hard... Better play OE, it is also more important for the balance of power.

^ Top  
  6. Breaking Axe Educated

Breaking Axe
    Has Vaarna taken Sweden? If not, dibs!

Does Magna Mundi work with Divine Wind, and can it be easily reverted back to Heir if it doesn't?

^ Top  
  7. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Nope it doesnt work and I think it only needs to be placed in mod folder so its easy to revert back.

^ Top  
  8. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    Well I do have that mod there waiting for approval, which adds some things to Finland. Having a Swede who doesn't beat me up and instead allies with me for creating Scandinavia would be nice, assuming the mod files pass quality assurance.

^ Top  
  9. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    TBS, are you serious about taking Venice? Cause I was thinking of trying my luck as Milan again, and you'd pretty much be the first on my hitlist. :(

^ Top  
  10. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I'm still up for this, just have a new name now. Change over fucked my account.

^ Top  
  11. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    So, A Gentleman's Code of Conduct for EU3 Multiplayer. This is open to discussion, of course.

1) Don't be a dick: Seriously, if you win, don't try to impose ridiculous terms on your defeated foe. And if you lose, don't not accept reasonable terms just because you're butthurt. As far as terms, Monetary compensation, Cores, and border territories should be fair game. Outright conquest is... kind of dickish in an MP game. Colonies are 100% open, and liberating countries to weaken an opponent is very cool.

2) Try to be on time: When you're late, we have to restart the whole game over. If we know you're coming and you're still late, we have to wait for you. If you know you're going to be late, let us know.

3) Be a BRO: If you're filling in for someone, try not to wreck their country and honor any deals they have made. If you're taking over a country, different story. But if you're just filling in for a session or two, don't overextend them or wreck their country.

4) Be a Player: This is a political game. Alliances will be made and broken and betrayed. Wars will be waged, goals will be achieved and missed. Be a part of that. Nothing sucks more than having a guy that might as well not be there.

Alright, these seem to be decent ground rules to live by. Any complaints, comments suggestions? We still need a host, and when we do we can get a roster going and officially set up a time.

^ Top  
  12. XenomorphII Prophet

XenomorphII
    I might join in as the Teutonic Order depending on the time you all end up settling on.

Edit: Actually them or Brandenburg. Depending on where everyone else is.

^ Top  
  13. Krash Prophet

Krash
    Is it possible to spectate? That would be good fun.

^ Top  
  14. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    If you want to spectate, you'll have to choose a remote island somewhere and ally with everybody so you'll have vision, but yeah I think you can do it.

^ Top  
  15. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    Good Code of Conduct, next step is to get a time and have everyone confirm and add what country they'll play.

^ Top  
  16. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    And whether or not any of my stuff will be used.

^ Top  
  17. MasterSmithFandango Arcane

MasterSmithFandango
    Then why no bro fist?

And Vaarna, this isn't about the complexity of the mod. I wouldn't mind trying it in a controlled setting, but with people coming in and out and how much trouble we have getting people to just download the official patch sometimes... I think it adds an additional variable that will just give another headache. Plus, there's the fact that since it's a localized improvement (I think you said it's events and decisions?) that does have an effect on game balance (depending on how many of each and their effects). I would say no on the mod, although I would be more than willing to try it out for you single player sometime.

^ Top  
  18. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    Im still ready to go whenever you are (unless we set a ridiculous time when im at work).

Rules of conduct seem decent but too non specific to be really called rules (they can be summarized as: dont be a dick).

I can play almost any nation. Preferably OE/France/Austria but am open for others. Not small ones tho, unless Venice.

^ Top  
  19. TheCatsofSanktPetersburg Learned

TheCatsofSanktPetersburg
    I thought that was from Stronghold: Crusaders. :oops:

^ Top  
  20. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    The mod operates on two levels, basically. The first one that's obvious is the single txt plus localization that adds decisions for Western European minors to increase low base tax in exchange for cash, and a decision that allows Western Europeans to increase population by sending colonists (only until 5000). The second part is a series of missions and decisions for Finland, which includes a modifier.

^ Top  
  21. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    Too bad I don't own EU3 per se. :cry:

^ Top  
  22. XenomorphII Prophet

XenomorphII
    Gamersgate has all stuff EU3 on sale. Chronicles is only $10 and it is definitely worth it.

^ Top  
  23. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I like your rules, FSM. Very succint and nice. You should scoop the old thread, I might have some stuff there.
    Also, the date.
    I will probrably go back to Belém in 6 January. 7 January (Sunday) is good? I wanted to give people time to end their new year stuff and things, people often travel to other places in Christmas/New Year here, I'm sure they do in your heathen gringo lands. By seven, I'm probrably ready to rumble.

I might change my nation, I might go Portugal or Hungary.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    Portugal, eh? Who would have thought.

^ Top  
  25. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    I'd love to join. Hopefully it won't quit me like it did last time.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.