Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One beat 'em up to rule them all is coming, bitches!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Fist of the North Star is getting a PS3/Xbox 360 game.
Dynasty Warriors developer and publisher Koei officially announced Hokuto Musou for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 today, a lucrative blend of the popular Fist of the North Star manga and proven Musou gameplay.

That announcement leaked a bit early, as Famitsu exclusives are wont to do, but Koei was generous enough to offer a clear, non-scanned, non-crap footage look at Hokuto Musou today. Most of what you'll see are stills from the game's opening cinematic, but two shots of in-game action also await you.

According to official word, gamers will "unleash a myriad of devastating fighting techniques and finishing moves powerful enough to bring down whole buildings," cause enemies to "violently explode on screen" and trigger "the instantaneous breakdown of internal organs."
It probably won't be as good as God Hand, but who the fuck cares when you get to do Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken on scores of defenseless thugs?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Dynasty Warriors developer and publisher Koei officially announced Hokuto Musou for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 today, a lucrative blend of the popular Fist of the North Star manga and proven Musou gameplay.?

So we're getting no-challenge mooks, spamming of attack strings, cheap bosses that can easily be beaten with hit and run techniques, and random loot drops?

I guess it'll be good for a rental and quick playthrough at most, just because of the setting. But I doubt 'proven Musou gameplay' will capture the visceral feeling of the manga.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Which chapters are you missing? Books 6 and 7 are apparently not done in English. The rest are on mangafox.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
IIRC some chapters have never been scanlated, but there's supposed to be a group working on it.

Is that an answer to my rhetorical question? I'm not going to watch a movie from user named "KaiserNeko".

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The PS1 Hokuto no Ken wasn't made by Koei. They're doing this one, and they're going to do it in the mold of Dynasty Warriors since it is Hokuto Musou after all.

Not that I'm saying it's going to suck or fail. I do play Dynasty Warriors and its ilk. Just that it may not be a very good beat-em-up game even when not compared to God Hand.

Destroid

Arcane
Christ, you'd think they have made enough dynasty warriors games, let alone making the exact same game, but with some other retarded theme, like gundam and now fist of the north star.

What the fuck!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom